Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    The Lightbringer Speaknoevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Posts
    3,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Solzan Nemesis View Post
    No. I love my pets and my magic elemental empowered shots.
    Well that's all candy and butterflies for you Mr Solzan Nemesis, but the only pets I think are pretty are limited to BM and I hate BM.
    __

    How about pet transmogrification?

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    While we're at it, can SV or MM be petless?
    Instead of making SV or Marks go petless, the 4th spec somebody suggested could be the petless spec. But just so the pets aren't doing absolutely nothing for that spec, it could be that the Gunslinger instead absorbs their pet and fuses with it. Which would grant them the ability that pet used. That way you get a petless spec while still being able to bring whatever buff that pet had.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Alas, sweet prince! You hath received thine own ass handed to ye.

  3. #43
    Pandaren Monk Solzan Nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Posts
    1,944
    Quote Originally Posted by Xemik View Post
    Instead of making SV or Marks go petless, the 4th spec somebody suggested could be the petless spec. But just so the pets aren't doing absolutely nothing for that spec, it could be that the Gunslinger instead absorbs their pet and fuses with it. Which would grant them the ability that pet used. That way you get a petless spec while still being able to bring whatever buff that pet had.
    Hmm. Only if we can make BM a Melee Hunter.
    Last edited by Solzan Nemesis; 2013-04-09 at 01:52 PM.

  4. #44
    The Lightbringer Dewote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,246
    My heart cringes every time someone says "duel wield".
    FC 2793-2016-8218 - Name: Suoma

  5. #45
    Would be awesome but too much gear bloat. And would have to be created for the first 90 levels worth of loot.

  6. #46
    I dont understand why they remove the 1/2 melee weapons + 1 range weapon and they remove the throw weapons. I miss have 2 one-handed axes or a polearm, and we still have the damn dual-wielding.

    Speaknoevil: Well that's all candy and butterflies for you Mr Solzan Nemesis, but the only pets I think are pretty are limited to BM and I hate BM.
    im with you, i want a nice and usefull pet too. "Oh, direhorns are not exotic" yes but the pet is crap, none focus the pet.
    Last edited by Baneador; 2013-04-09 at 05:31 AM.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    My heart cringes every time someone says "duel wield".
    I'll change the title to appease your pain.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  8. #48
    The Lightbringer Speaknoevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Posts
    3,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    I'll change the title to appease your pain.
    A gun in each hand is the most effective method for dueling, the title was correct in using the turn of phrase, "duel-wield."

  9. #49
    Herald of the Titans crakerjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ptwn, Oregon
    Posts
    2,668
    No no no no no no no no no no no... why? Because lets look at it from a logical perspective... hunters have abilities that use the word aim or precision... so that would require both hands to do that shot... are you saying one of the specs should be built so hunters can DW? Because how it is now... hunters wouldn't be able to use half their abilities. And the most obvious reason why they'll never be in the game... is because no one else but hunters can utilize them... why bother creating another ranged weapon that only one class can use? It's utterly pointless... why not create rpg's for hunters while we're at it? It's not any more ridiculous as DW. This will never happen and I'm sorry if you're offended... but this was a poorly thought out idea... immediately I was able to see the flaws... big flaws.

    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

  10. #50
    Pandaren Monk Solzan Nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Posts
    1,944
    This is a good idea like it your not.

  11. #51
    Warchief Henkdejager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hiding in your computer.
    Posts
    2,103
    Rework Marksmanship to work with 2x 1handers ? You get a fix for MM none special attacks and people get their 1h pistols?
    Stuff

  12. #52
    I think Hunter weapons already push the limits of steampunk elements in the Warcraft universe, frankly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  13. #53
    Warchief Henkdejager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hiding in your computer.
    Posts
    2,103
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    No no no no no no no no no no no... why? Because lets look at it from a logical perspective... hunters have abilities that use the word aim or precision... so that would require both hands to do that shot... are you saying one of the specs should be built so hunters can DW? Because how it is now... hunters wouldn't be able to use half their abilities. And the most obvious reason why they'll never be in the game... is because no one else but hunters can utilize them... why bother creating another ranged weapon that only one class can use? It's utterly pointless... why not create rpg's for hunters while we're at it? It's not any more ridiculous as DW. This will never happen and I'm sorry if you're offended... but this was a poorly thought out idea... immediately I was able to see the flaws... big flaws.
    Agg daggers says hi Only class that CAN use it are rogues, so your argument is invalid.

    Plate spellpower? Paladin only
    Mail spirit? shaman only

    So once again why not ?
    Stuff

  14. #54
    I've made a tweet to ghostcrawler he replied twice with the following:
    It would require a lot of new animation and itemization and we're not sure the gain, while positive, would be worth the cost.
    (And whenever I say "cost" I am talking about production time, which is much more salient to our development than dollars.)

  15. #55
    DW Guns? Nah. It would look cool... for a time, but realistically the novelty would wear off and you'd be left with a silly looking hunter trying to down gigantic raid -bosses with little pea-shooters. The large rifle style gun suits the Marksmanship aspect of a ranged class, along with the Bow/X-Bow.

    As for no-pet specs, I'm 100% with this. Beast Mastery should be the only hunter spec with pets.

    Marksman/Survivalist = Ranger, not Zookeeper.

  16. #56
    I am not sure how I feel about this one way or another about this. I am leaning towards it sounds fun.

  17. #57
    It's bad enough getting 1 ranged weapon to drop :s

  18. #58
    could have one handed repeating crossbows too =p

  19. #59
    Mechagnome Jaja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    Rework Marksmanship to work with 2x 1handers ? You get a fix for MM none special attacks and people get their 1h pistols?
    I was thinking about what spec dual wielding weapons would work and in my opinion Marksman is the worst spec to make dual wield.

    A marksman is a sharpshooter most likely using a rifle or sniper rifle, definately not using 2 short ranged 1H pistol.

  20. #60
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,168
    They can't because the wow character skeletal system (rendering engine, whatever you want to call it) is apparently not that dynamic. It's why they don't simply add a /psy to make everybody start galloping on pretend horses. In a word, animation. They'd have to animate, separately I'm guessing, both genders of each hunter race to make the motions.

    Unfortunately, changing the underlying system that deeply is the kind of thing one normally sees in a sequel, not an expansion pack.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •