Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by verhoef3 View Post
    How the hell do you figure duel pistols fit the the style and feel of the hunter class? They aren't freaking mobsters or pirates. Imagine going deer hunting with 2 pistols. When I think hunter, I think of an outdoorsman tracking targets and taking down game. A scout type that can hit a target with a bow/rifle at long distances. Not Duke Nukem capping bitches with his Mac 10's.
    Then just call the 4th spec "Bounty". I'm a survival hunter I work with nature. I'm a BM hunter I work with beast. I'm MM hunter I'll snipe you from afar. I'm a Bounty hunter and I'm here to collect. They could easily get away with a "Bounty hunter" spec that works with 1hand weapons and is a more melee class. It's not like a bounty hunter doesn't use traps or anything.
    Last edited by Darkcrystalc; 2013-04-11 at 08:26 PM.

With Diablo 3's Demonhunter using dual wield hand crossbows (that never need to be loaded >.>), I could see it happening someday.

Not sure how I feel about it in WoW, but could still see it happening.
    "There is good and evil in this world; we must find the black and white in the gray."

Oh joy, more hunter only crap that can't wait to be disenchanted. Thank god this idea isn't happening.

The only way I see them adding this is if they add a fourth spec that allows for a hunter dual-wield type vibe, but they also give rogues a ranged spec that also utilizes dual-wield pistols to justify adding pistols to loot tables.

Just trying to imagine the absolute nightmare it would be trying to get hit and expertise ratings capped to fulfill that idea..
    Erm. NO. Not happening. If you want dual-wield weapons, go Diablo 3 (Demon Hunter) or go buy some squirt guns.

#InvitedToWarlordsOfDraenorBeta

Add Tinkers, let them use guns. Hunters unable to use 1H guns (which would be added), tinkers unable to use bows/xbows. That way both of them end up with weapon exclusivity while still sharing guns.

Tinkers probably could also have a spec that uses fist weapons or daggers or something, which would obviously be a melee DPS or tank spec.

But no, hunters don't need to DW pistols. We're not pirates, gunslingers, bandits, or outlaws. That fits a rogue more than a hunter right now (and we know that's out of the question 'cause they just lost their ranged slot.)
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Find me a hunter that uses 2 pistols IRL and I'll say yes Pistols aren't accurate at the ranges you'd be hunting at, not to mention the ones that are (and are powerful enough to down game) require 2 hands to properly shoot because of their weight and recoil.

Not really worth the effort IMHO.

Ultimately it feels like you're borrowing from some other MMO's where there's no real advantage to it...

what if they would simply add an dual pistol weapon?, you know, like ''Pistols of Awesomeness'', otherwise acts like a random other ranged weapon, but animation is 2 pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Primate View Post
    DW Guns? Nah. It would look cool... for a time, but realistically the novelty would wear off and you'd be left with a silly looking hunter trying to down gigantic raid -bosses with little pea-shooters. The large rifle style gun suits the Marksmanship aspect of a ranged class, along with the Bow/X-Bow.
    How would it look any more silly than a gnome rogue trying to kill a giant raid boss with his itty bitty teeny weeny daggers? "C'mere Horridon, let me TRIM YOUR TOENAILS."

Quote Originally Posted by Poodles View Post
    Find me a hunter that uses 2 pistols IRL and I'll say yes
    Find me a walking talking space goat IRL? Fantasy Games don't have to reflect reality sometimes, hence Fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by Carni View Post
    Instead of adding a new hero class or a new race or whatever for the next expac they should just add a 4th spec to all classes, and thus create a hunter spec dedicated to duel wielding small ranged weapons. Also marksman needs to be that dedicated no pet spec that some hunters have wanted so long.

On a more serious note, the only way I could see them making this happen is if the next class uses ranged weapons, basically the loot tables right now can be annoying enough for a hunter to gear up.
    Hunters study the nature. They live in the forest, study their pray to learn its routines, and take it down with a well thought trough shot, they're not your regular street gangsta taking down his pimp in a drive-by dualwielding a pair of uzi'es.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilde View Post
    I wish they would rework marksman hunter into this, it's all about the marksmanship. A true cowboy spec.
    How about studying the story and timeline (HINT: Mediveal theme!) before you bring up cowboys? They don't belong in this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mettimo View Post
    Instead creating a dedicated petless spec with new spells ecc., if they use that time to fix pet ai no one would need a petless spec
    Petless? Why? Choose another class if you don't want to manage pets.

[/COLOR]
    It would attach these visual contraptions to your legs that hold extra clips and after dropping the current clips from your guns, your character would quickly swing the guns down to pop the new clips into them. Or they could just be magic guns that draw out the energy from your body and fire that instead of bullets. But the first option would probably look a bit cooler.[/QUOTE]
    Clips? No, it's not a steampunk 1800+ era game. Clips just don't do, if they did, I'm sure Blizzard would already have made that, instead of bows, crossbows and frontloaders.
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    No no no no no no no no no no no... why? Because lets look at it from a logical perspective... hunters have abilities that use the word aim or precision... so that would require both hands to do that shot... are you saying one of the specs should be built so hunters can DW? Because how it is now... hunters wouldn't be able to use half their abilities. And the most obvious reason why they'll never be in the game... is because no one else but hunters can utilize them... why bother creating another ranged weapon that only one class can use? It's utterly pointless... why not create rpg's for hunters while we're at it? It's not any more ridiculous as DW. This will never happen and I'm sorry if you're offended... but this was a poorly thought out idea... immediately I was able to see the flaws... big flaws.
    This guy nailed it.

PS: I wan't my hunter to wield a lazer tracked railgun with an attached bazooka. Please, blizzard?
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...

Hunters have abilities with precision and aim in them but there is also rapid fire and barrage. No idea how you can be accurate with all those shots you just fired.
    Stampede sounds like it could be accurate as well.

@ DPA. You messed up a quote tag somewhere in there.
    On-topic: I did also say "Or they could just be magic guns that draw out the energy from your body and fire that instead of bullets."
    I already view us as using a form of super advanced alchemy to transform the atoms of the different types of gases in the air into solid arrows to fire from our bows(wtb quivers purely for visual purposes), so guns that use the energy that we focus into them as projectiles would work out just as well. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Alas, sweet prince! You hath received thine own ass handed to ye.

that would be so awesome. AND add a Dark Ranger class in the next expansion who could use them aswell.

This idea is idiotic

The problem is there would always be one of them (either dual wield or regular ranged weapon) that did more damage making the other one obsolete. If they did manage to balance the damage, then it just becomes a cosmetic thing. Hardly worth the effort in the case, though I admit it would look very cool. Dual hand-crossbow too. I'm picturing animations of hunters spinning their guns before sheathing. Could look badass. Mechanically I don't see how it would work without a class re-design though.

No

10 chars

Find me a hunter that uses 2 pistols IRL and I'll say yes Pistols aren't accurate at the ranges you'd be hunting at, not to mention the ones that are (and are powerful enough to down game) require 2 hands to properly shoot because of their weight and recoil.

Ultimately it feels like you're borrowing from some other MMO's where there's no real advantage to it...
    And Blizzard never "borrowed" ideas from other MMO's before...I love this dual wield idea and have been talking about it on other forums for years.
    There was a time when Warriors couldn't dual wield or heal themselves, when enhanced shaman used 1h melee weapons & tanked...my point being wow as a game has expanded and grown in new directions. Youre trying to incorporate the logic of real world weaponry into a fantasy game, that logic went out of the window when blizz got rid of ammo, arrows and quivers, we have a never ending supply.

As for reload issues with 2h crossbows or pistols, there are things called magazines. Im sure engineers could make a magazine for belts/weapons as an sellable item enhancement, reload ala Lara Croft Tomb Raider. Arguments regarding fighting bosses with pistols vs single bows etc, come on really this hold no water, you could also argue the futility of rogues using their puny daggers on bosses. At a time when wow seems flat and classes are lackluster, controversial ideas like this would generate interest in the game. Give ppl options regarding their playstyle.
    Last edited by saucywench; 2013-04-17 at 03:55 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral

Actual hunters are more like snipers - one shot one kill. I've heard that hunters will shoot twice if they can, to be sure, and obviously you'll finish off a wounded animal.

Compare that to the millions if not billions of "rounds" I've "cycled" through my various ranged weapons over the last 8 or 9 years.

What Blizzard calls Hunters is more like... well... this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR6AF1ctDs8&t=1m5s
    Last edited by markdall; 2013-04-17 at 07:01 PM. Reason: mmo-c - unable to properly link videos with times in the URLs. :(

Quote Originally Posted by verhoef3 View Post
    How the hell do you figure duel pistols fit the the style and feel of the hunter class? They aren't freaking mobsters or pirates. Imagine going deer hunting with 2 pistols. When I think hunter, I think of an outdoorsman tracking targets and taking down game. A scout type that can hit a target with a bow/rifle at long distances. Not Duke Nukem capping bitches with his Mac 10's.
    This plus this:
    Quote Originally Posted by HardlyWaken
    While people would like it, there's really no room in the game for ANOTHER weapon type usable by 1 class
    and you'll see it's not going to happen...
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.