Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I think they absolutely do. They are very popular races. Yet races like the Trolls get tons of love from ZA/ZG, the Zandalari line, and tons of other stuff PLUS Trolls, as a playable race, can be any class except paladin. I'm thinking it is time to give every other race the ability to be something more than what they are. It's been long enough, the races have intertwined, and the face of Azeroth has been altered. We now have Night Elves using Arcane magic, dwarves learning Shamanistic roots, humans learning how to hunt, and panda's who go both ways and can be just about anything cept pally, lock, or DK. If not Expansion 5, then Expansion 6 needs to unlock the Race/Class combos for good and show that each race has the ability to learn a new skillset or can be taught how to tap into the light/nature/shadow/arcane for their powers.
    So in light of the Trolls having "tons" of content through a dungeon, two raids rehashed as two dungeons, and parts of three zones (Zul'Drak, Stranglethorn Vale, and Ghostlands), should I mention all the undead and Forsaken content we've had? Scholomance, Strathalome, Razorfen Downs, the Culling of Strathalome, Naxxaramas 40, Naxxaramas 10-25, Icecrown Citadel 10-25, the two zones Eastern Plaguelands and Western Plaguelands, as well as parts of the Zul'Drak zone, the Icecrown zone, and lets not forget about the pre-launch content that came with both Naxxaramas 40 and Wrath of the Lich King. Yet you think they deserve more attention and content? Gnomes have had a fair bit of content through Gnomeregan, the event to take back Gnomeregan, and some of the questing in Storm Peaks and the Borean Tundra coupled with Ulduar to reveal more about the origins of Gnomes and bringing insight to their obsession with technology. Gnomes haven't had what I would call a ton of attention, but they've far from been left out. Many of their lore questions were answered.

You make the mistake of saying that Dwarves are now, "learning Shamanistic roots," which is incorrect. The Wildhammers aren't learning their roots, they've known them all along. Simply, they just formally joined the Alliance and had been neutral prior to the Cataclysm.

You also are mistaken to say that Humans are just now, "learning how to hunt." As with the Gnomes and Priest class, Blizzard stated that they existed all along, but just weren't available to players.

You really should think or research before you make claims.
    Last edited by Monkiy; 2013-04-11 at 01:35 AM. Reason: Grammar

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I can see how much a Tauren Rogue makes sense, 8 feet tall 900 lbs.............SO silent /sarcasm

In other words........NO! I am sick of the clumping of everything in this game as it is, pretty soon this game is just going to be "Ok, do you want to be ranged, melee, heal, or tank....no classes because they all are the same, oh and don't bother about a race because there is nothing special there either."

Because Undead Druids and Shamans make sense right? NO. This idea is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Oh I can see how much a Tauren Rogue makes sense, 8 feet tall 900 lbs.............SO silent /sarcasm
    That's what makes it funny :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Despite the fact that OP's point would be a little hard to pull off in-game, I do believe we're going to get a lot of homogenization as we go forward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Despite the fact that OP's point would be a little hard to pull off in-game, I do believe we're going to get a lot of homogenization as we go forward.
    If it gets anymore homogenized I will quit, I am still pissed that they made Shaman Alliance and Paladins Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    The classes I want to see in the new expansion or in the future are:
    Blood Elf Druid: I think its time for this to happen, because they have the Lynx as their cat form, Those tenders as the tree form, dragonhawk as the flying form, stag or elven unicorn for travel form, and finally a blood elf version of the moonkin called a bloodkin.
    Night Elf Shaman: I think it could work with lore, bur I don't see them being warlocks. They've hated the demonic magics, because of the legion and I do like on how they are mages now.
    Gnome Hunter, Pally or Shaman: I really want them to be hunters. I know people are saying like they are to small a race to tame such creatures and blah blah, but I would like to make a Gnome Hunter one of this times, and a Pally and a Shaman could help out the Gnomes a lot. :P
    Dwarf Druid: I could see Dwarves into bears, and turning into a bearded lion or cat for their cat form. Would be funny to see on how they would look to from Blizzard's stand point.
    Tauren Mage or Rogue: Because of the Grimtotem joining and the famous Grimtotem Stormsong I'm sure he could be in the game to and show the fellow Tauren about his people to them.
    Troll Paladin: They could worship a loa of the sun, kinda like on how the Tauren get blessed by the sun to. Trolls can mostly have every single class if this happens I think, so it would be perfect. Also gives another slot to the Paladins for the Horde.
    Pandaren Druid: They have been to the other places of Azeroth, and I think its time for them to be Druids as well like most of the other races.
    Worgen Shaman: Might work? MEH...
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    Monkiy: You know what you're saying it's just your OPINION and thoughts right? You act as if you hold the absolute truth when it comes to WoW Lore development. Anything that is now in game can be changed. Lore has CHANGED since Warcraft I.
    You know if this were like Warcraft 1 there would be no Druids, Shamans, Monks, Rogues or Paladins. Priests would be Clerics/Necrolytes, Hunters would be Archers/Spear Throwers, Warriors would be Knights/Wolf Riders and wouldn't be able to dismount...

I want to play a catapult!

---------- Post added 2013-04-11 at 02:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    I could see a few more race/class options becoming available, but anything as anything, no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunstriker12 View Post
    The evolution of race has a direct tie to what the race can be as classes. Night Elves worship nature, the ones that went with Arcane became High Elves which evolved into a new species. It's because of that decision to change their whole culture and way of life we get something new. That's why we dont see night elves worshiping the sun and vise versa. They would literally change into their respective opposites.
    And i think i heard that LOREWISE the "NE" mages are actually of lighter skin tone but due to game mechanics and faction differences look like NE.

A forsaken paladin does not make much sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    And i think i heard that LOREWISE the "NE" mages are actually of lighter skin tone but due to game mechanics and faction differences look like NE.
    And yet, that lighter skin tone isn't what allows them to wield Arcane magic and be Mages. It's still not evolution, but morals, ideals, and choices.

Gnome and goblin Druid forms lol, can't wait. I like this idea!

Quote Originally Posted by SaltLakeAtrocity View Post
    "Instead of new raid bosses, we got you guys this awesome looking zombie bear form for Forsaken Druids"
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Sounds worth it to me.
    Haha, hell yeah, I totally agree! Zombie Trees, Zombie Chickens, kittys, moose... Zombie Orca??? ZOMBIEEEEES :-D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkiy View Post
    And yet, that lighter skin tone isn't what allows them to wield Arcane magic and be Mages. It's still not evolution, but morals, ideals, and choices.
    Not what i said either.....What i AM saying is that just because something seems one way due to gameplay/graphics doesn't mean it's that way in lore...Thus undead pallies that again there can be MANY explanations for even if it's just a gameplay not a lore thing.

Not sure if that will be lore friendly though

undead paladin ? no!

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Not what i said either.....What i AM saying is that just because something seems one way due to gameplay/graphics doesn't mean it's that way in lore...Thus undead pallies that again there can be MANY explanations for even if it's just a gameplay not a lore thing.
    Well if you quote something about the evolution of races and then say class X has a different skin tone because of that evolution, that would imply to most that you're suggesting evolution is what caused the class availability.

Also, what you just gave isn't logical reasoning. A Highborne is still a Night Elf, just one of nobility. Just like a Dwarf from the Dark Iron clan is still a Dwarf, and one from the Wildhammer clan is still a Dwarf. Any Forsaken Paladin would still have to be a Forsaken, and that idea is still contradictory. Unless you're trying to suggest that we play an entirely different race that's misrepresented by another race in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    So in light of the Trolls having "tons" of content through a dungeon, two raids rehashed as two dungeons, and parts of three zones (Zul'Drak, Stranglethorn Vale, and Ghostlands), should I mention all the undead and Forsaken content we've had? Scholomance, Strathalome, Razorfen Downs, the Culling of Strathalome, Naxxaramas 40, Naxxaramas 10-25, Icecrown Citadel 10-25, the two zones Eastern Plaguelands and Western Plaguelands, as well as parts of the Zul'Drak zone, the Icecrown zone, and lets not forget about the pre-launch content that came with both Naxxaramas 40 and Wrath of the Lich King. Yet you think they deserve more attention and content? Gnomes have had a fair bit of content through Gnomeregan, the event to take back Gnomeregan, and some of the questing in Storm Peaks and the Borean Tundra coupled with Ulduar to reveal more about the origins of Gnomes and bringing insight to their obsession with technology. Gnomes haven't had what I would call a ton of attention, but they've far from been left out. Many of their lore questions were answered.

You make the mistake of saying that Dwarves are now, "learning Shamanistic roots," which is incorrect. The Wildhammers aren't learning their roots, they've known them all along. Simply, they just formally joined the Alliance and had been neutral prior to the Cataclysm.

You also are mistaken to say that Humans are just now, "learning how to hunt." As with the Gnomes and Priest class, Blizzard stated that they existed all along, but just weren't available to players.

You really should think or research before you make claims.
    Playable dwarves are Ironforge dwarves, not Wildhammer dwarves. We have no Wildhammer dwarves in IF or Coldridge, just another dwarf who knows how to be a shaman. Humans have always been hunters since day one? My bad. I can't believe I forgot human hunters have always existed. I'm embarrased

So gnome priests were just convenient to add at the time since the players wanted a healing class. Got ya. Yet of all this, you still are avoiding the very elves who cast out the high elves for using arcane magics. Night elves admonished the use of arcane magic, yet seem to wield it.

This entire thing could end if you would just admit is it "possible". It will likely never happen, Blizz would probably never implement it, for any number of reasons, but are you so fixated on the word "no" and so determined to be right, that you cannot expand your mind for 2 brief seconds to just say "It's possible"? I hope you can. Cause anything.... ANYTHING... is possible, even if it is not probable.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    This entire thing could end if you would just admit is it "possible". It will likely never happen, Blizz would probably never implement it, for any number of reasons, but are you so fixated on the word "no" and so determined to be right, that you cannot expand your mind for 2 brief seconds to just say "It's possible"? I hope you can. Cause anything.... ANYTHING... is possible, even if it is not probable.
    You must have glazed over a number of my posts without actually reading them. I've said exactly that. Of course it's possible, and they can do what they want with their story. But it's not likely with the precedents that they've set for the story to abide by. We could have space bunnies come and annihilate Azeroth after killing the Titans. Not that there's anything to back it up, but if anything is possible so is that.

10+ Year Old Account
    You must have glazed over a number of my posts without actually reading them. I've said exactly that. Of course it's possible, and they can do what they want with their story. But it's not likely with the precedents that they've set for the story to abide by. We could have space bunnies come and annihilate Azeroth after killing the Titans. Not that there's anything to back it up, but if anything is possible so is that.
    That's all I've been saying. Lore might explain it away, but lore can change. It's not likely too... but it could