Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Hmmm maybe cenarius got it on with A NE....Maybe Tyrande LOL.
    They're beings of nature, they could have just as easily been grown from a seed or a part of Cenarius himself.

Kinda in the style of Greek-roman mythology.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    They're beings of nature, they could have just as easily been grown from a seed or a part of Cenarius himself.

Kinda in the style of Greek-roman mythology.
    I'm tired hungry and canp;t resist a joke....

Translation wasn't fully serious and just thought it would be funny...Still though one wonders.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    I'm tired hungry and canp;t resist a joke....

Translation wasn't fully serious and just thought it would be funny...Still though one wonders.....
    No I knew that.

I'm just stirring the pot of possibility, as it were.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    No I knew that.

I'm just stirring the pot of possibility, as it were.
    Ahhh okay i gothca..Still asexual doesn't sound so fun...

Quote Originally Posted by Zeras View Post
    While where at it, they might as well just make Vrykul decent from Hozen, so we would have full circle of what humans evolved from.
    Best Idea Ever. Someone get on it.
    OT: NElves came from Trolls. AFAIK thats what the lore says (If I'm wrong say so =P) As for Elune. I really, really hope they don't make her a naaru/titan construct. I want her to be an actual deity.
    It has been scientifically confirmed that if Eiffel was green; he would in fact die.

My curiosity is how would a proto-Nelf look like? what would their customs be? A bit of a slippery slope here but with ancients and even Elune..similar to troll Loas?

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's canon though that the night elves-to-be settled near the well of eternity at some point and from that they turned into Night elves as we know them now (Not said anywhere how much time that transformation took, could have taken years, or generations, or maybe they just used a moon stone :P ), it hasn't been explicitly said what they started out as though, although the... ubiquitous nature of trolls (They're EVERYWHERE! >_< ) does make them good candidates as ancestor race.
    In a lore article in the WoW Magazine, Cenarius, Freya and the Tribunal of Ages confirmed to Brann Bronzebeard that night elves evolved from the dark trolls. The article's been confirmed as canon lore, so it's no longer a question of what race the "night elves-to-be" were.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    its a shame they officially made it that they evolved from trolls.

now to explain dryads and keepers :\
    Dryads & Keepers are Cenarius' children
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Obviously Elune is a Xel'Naga, specifically: AMON

When the Xel'Naga came upon Azeroth, they saw the perfection of form in the Dark Trolls and sped up their evolution by letting them get affected by the well of eternity.
    Elune/Amon defiled the Well in an effort to bend the dark trolls to his will.
    The earlier NightElves were hereby programmed with an override objective that made them seek the annihilation of trolls. (hence the obvious wars between elves and trolls: NE-dark trolls, High Elves-trolls, Blood Elves-Zandalari trolls and zul'aman trolls)

However this forced will is not so strong anymore since the OVermind, Malorne then did the only thing he could do to escape this evil taint and seduced Elune/Amon and had a baby together: Cenarius. Born free of most of Elune's corruption (due to Malorne being awesomesauce) he was able to free some night elves from the curse when he took on a disciple to preach his lifestyle: Teaching Malfurion druidism.
    OVer the many thousand years malfurion's impact on the night elves society has mostly freed night elves from this corruption, thought they still dislike ugly trolls (which coincidentally is every troll).
    However, with malfurion pre-occupied on locating Amon in the Nether to kill him before he ends the world like he almost did at the end of starcraft 2 Legacy of the Void, which happened multiple eons ago, Garrosh is able to attack Nightelves without their omnipotent leader. Luckily the padawan Thrall has stepped up from time to time and others are joining the rebellion, but little do they know of the vileness that lurks within their beloved moon goddess Elune.

Or something like this, OBVIOUSLY!!!
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Quote Originally Posted by Vasti View Post
    Obviously Elune is a Xel'Naga, specifically: AMON

When the Xel'Naga came upon Azeroth, they saw the perfection of form in the Dark Trolls and sped up their evolution by letting them get affected by the well of eternity.
    Elune/Amon defiled the Well in an effort to bend the dark trolls to his will.
    The earlier NightElves were hereby programmed with an override objective that made them seek the annihilation of trolls. (hence the obvious wars between elves and trolls: NE-dark trolls, High Elves-trolls, Blood Elves-Zandalari trolls and zul'aman trolls)

However this forced will is not so strong anymore since the OVermind, Malorne then did the only thing he could do to escape this evil taint and seduced Elune/Amon and had a baby together: Cenarius. Born free of most of Elune's corruption (due to Malorne being awesomesauce) he was able to free some night elves from the curse when he took on a disciple to preach his lifestyle: Teaching Malfurion druidism.
    OVer the many thousand years malfurion's impact on the night elves society has mostly freed night elves from this corruption, thought they still dislike ugly trolls (which coincidentally is every troll).
    However, with malfurion pre-occupied on locating Amon in the Nether to kill him before he ends the world like he almost did at the end of starcraft 2 Legacy of the Void, which happened multiple eons ago, Garrosh is able to attack Nightelves without their omnipotent leader. Luckily the padawan Thrall has stepped up from time to time and others are joining the rebellion, but little do they know of the vileness that lurks within their beloved moon goddess Elune.

Or something like this, OBVIOUSLY!!!
    XD amused....feeling Emerald Dream expac, will be about Malfurion finding his "primal" self... and to unlock the new player remodels, players will have to undergo the trials to do the same with lots of dailies and rep grinds.

Quote Originally Posted by vriska View Post
    XD amused....feeling Emerald Dream expac, will be about Malfurion finding his "primal" self... and to unlock the new player remodels, players will have to undergo the trials to do the same with lots of dailies and rep grinds.
    Finally, someone who understands how lore works!

Primal Malfurion will finaly have his druid animal forms (each ofc with more spikes than a regular form) and with bone wings that for no apparant reason generate lift and let you fly!
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasti View Post
    Finally, someone who understands how lore works!

Primal Malfurion will finaly have his druid animal forms (each ofc with more spikes than a regular form) and with bone wings that for no apparant reason generate lift and let you fly!

On a side note about kerrigan don't forget she DOES have a MASSIVE amount of psionic power.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm okay with what we know so far, and curious about what's next. My biggest interest is the whole Elune thing. I favour the Elune was a Titan over the Elune was a naaru belief. I think her being an outside, actual deity would be boring, and weird if that's the way Blizz chooses to persue the issue.

So on the whole my take on the NElfs is: Elune did it. Just unsure at the moment who and what Elune actually is to further the story.