Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Wrestlemania 29 Results/Predictions

Hey everyone, it's that time of the year again. I didn't see any other threads about this so I decided to make one.

Wrestlemania 29 is tomorrow or tonight (depending on when you read this) and would like everyone to discuss matches and winners. Hot topics of course are are Punk Vs Taker and Cena vs Rock. This threads OP will be edited with official match results as they happen Live so stay tuned if you can't watch the show.

*This post does NOT reflect official in-ring order*

PRE-SHOW

Wade Barrett (c) vs. The Miz
    Winner - The Miz

OFFICIAL SHOW

1. Team Hell No (Kane and Daniel Bryan) (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston (w/ AJ Lee)
    Winners - Team Hell No

2. Ryback vs. Mark Henry
    Winner - Mark Henry

3. Chris Jericho vs. Fandango
    Winner - Fandango

4. Alberto Del Rio (w/ Ricardo Rodriguez) (c) vs. Jack Swagger (w/ Zeb Colter)
    Winner - Alberto Del Rio

5. Tons of Funk (Brodus Clay & Tensai) and The Funkadactyls (Cameron and Naomi) vs. Team Rhodes Scholars (Cody Rhodes & Damien Sandow) and The Bella Twins (Brie and Nikki Bella)
    Winner - Canceled

6. Brock Lesnar (w/ Paul Heyman) vs. Triple H (w/ Shawn Michaels)
    Winner - Triple H

7. Sheamus, Randy Orton & Big Show vs. The Shield (Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns)
    Winners - The Shield

8. The Undertaker vs. CM Punk (w/ Paul Heyman)
    Winner - Undies

9. The Rock (c) vs. John Cena
    Winner - John Cena - No Heel turn
    Last edited by LCDArcade; 2013-04-08 at 02:45 AM.

I don't keep up with this anymore, but there's no way they'd let a sap like CM Punk take the Undertaker's streak.

And the Rock will beat John Cena just because the Rock brings in so much more $$$.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    PRE-SHOW

Winner - Wade Barrett. Titles rarely change hands in pre-shows.

OFFICIAL SHOW

1. Team Hell No (Kane and Daniel Bryan) (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston (w/ AJ Lee)
    Winners - Dolph & Big E, but either winning wouldn't surprise me.

2. Ryback vs. Mark Henry
    Winner - Ryback

Winner - Jericho

Winner - Jack Swagger (With Dolph cashing in afterwards)

5. Tons of Funk (Brodus Clay & Tensai) and The Funkadactyls (Cameron and Naomi) vs. Team Rhodes Scholars (Cody Rhodes & Damien Sandow) and The Bella Twins (Brie and Nikki Bella)
    Winner - Rhodes Scholars

Winner - Lesnar. HHH barely has any matches anymore anyways, so making it a retirement match made it more likely for Lesnar. If not for that, I'd say HHH.

7. Sheamus, Randy Orton & Big Show vs. The Shield (Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns)
    Winners - Shield

Winner - Undertaker

Winner - John Cena

PRE-SHOW

Winner - The Miz

OFFICIAL SHOW

Winners - Team Hell No

2. Ryback vs. Mark Henry
    Winner - Ryback

Winner - Chris Jericho

Winner - Dolph Ziggler :P

Winner - Team Rhodes Scholars

Winner - Triple H

Winners - The Shield

Winner - The Undertaker

Winner - John Cena

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I don't keep up with this anymore, but there's no way they'd let a sap like CM Punk take the Undertaker's streak.

And the Rock will beat John Cena just because the Rock brings in so much more $$$.
    Lol CM Punk is by far the best on the WWE roster at the moment, that being said no he wont be ending the streak, but not because he doesn't deserve to do so. As for Rock/Cena, Rock already beat him and as much as people love the Rock we don't really want a champion thats only going to be there once a month, so Cena will be winning this one.
    Last edited by CR77; 2013-04-07 at 06:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    PRE-SHOW

Winner - Wade Barrett. Titles rarely change hands in pre-shows.

OFFICIAL SHOW

Winners - Dolph & Big E, but either winning wouldn't surprise me.

2. Ryback vs. Mark Henry
    Winner - Ryback

Winner - Jericho

Winner - Jack Swagger (With Dolph cashing in afterwards)

Winner - Rhodes Scholars

Winner - Lesnar. HHH barely has any matches anymore anyways, so making it a retirement match made it more likely for Lesnar. If not for that, I'd say HHH.

Winners - Shield

Winner - Undertaker

Winner - John Cena
    1. Tag titles are going to change hands because team hell no has gone as far as it can.

2. Ryback will win.

3. Jericho will win.

4. I agree with you here. Dolph needs to cash in soon or hes going to lose his chance.

5. I dont care here as neither of these teams appeal to me.

6. I tend to agree with you. However, no one is going to wanna wrestle Lesnar. "Vicky" hiring him back was a ploy to get one last revenge match with HHH. HHH will win and we wont really see HHH all that much and Brock will find a new project.

7. I can see this going either way. Again, really dont care.

8. I have a feeling taker will win (and heyman wont be with punk). However, taker is just going to want to permanently retire at some point either with or without his record.

9. Cena is going to win to get his "redemption." The rock is going to go back to the movies. No one is really going to like having rock be the WWE champion and hardly make any appearances like hes been doing since he won the title in January unless its a PPV event and the 1-2 weeks following it and it only being 1 night a week at that.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

10+ Year Old Account
    Winner - The Miz He's been chasing the title since Royal Rumble as the babyface coming up short each time. Seems like right now would be a good time to put the belt on him and let him have a go with the title as a babyface. Wade Barrett moves onto bigger and better things.

OFFICIAL SHOW

Winners - Dolph and Big E Team Hell No has run its course they'll break up and feud for the next month or two.

2. Ryback vs. Mark Henry
    Winner - Ryback This one I'm not so sure of, I'm going to go with Ryback just because this feud should end after Mania.

Winner - Fandango Fandango winning over part timer Chris Jericho in his first match ever at the grandest stage of them all? Chris Jericho being the master of the game like he is wouldn't think twice about not putting over this guy.

Winner - Alberto Del Rio WWE seems high on ADR as a face and I could see them keeping the belt on him until the inevitable Randy Orton heel turn that's coming.

Winner - Team Rhodes Scholars

Winner - Triple H Typical redemption match storyline I see Triple H winning this match and Brock will disappear until Summerslam for his inevitable collision with The Rock

Winners - The Shield I think The Shield could take this one over with Randy Orton possibly screwing over his team and once again becoming a heel.

Winner - The Undertaker There's no way someone as a established as CM Punk ends the streak. Not this year.

Winner - John Cena John Cena back on the mountain to the top after losing for nearly a year solidifies that position with the title win.
    Last edited by Kennpai; 2013-04-07 at 06:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    It would appear the world is retardeding at a pace much more rapid than previously anticipated.

Curious as to why you think Lesnar will be facing the rock at some point this year. I remember it back in like 2004 or w/e it was when brock beat rock for the wwe title. But at this point and time, i dont see it coming.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Sadly y2j is gonna lose.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Rock will be going back to Hollywood for the next couple months while Brock continues to make his appearances here and there. I think as two of the highest drawing part-timers it's inevitable to see them face off and with a rematch from 11 years before at Summerslam. Also they could face off at WM 30 but I think they're saving Brock vs Punk for that.
    It would appear the world is retardeding at a pace much more rapid than previously anticipated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    Curious as to why you think Lesnar will be facing the rock at some point this year. I remember it back in like 2004 or w/e it was when brock beat rock for the wwe title. But at this point and time, i dont see it coming.
    It has been confirmed that Lesnar vs Rock is happening for Wrestlemania 30. but that could change down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelbak-Illidan View Post
    The Rock will be going back to Hollywood for the next couple months while Brock continues to make his appearances here and there. I think as two of the highest drawing part-timers it's inevitable to see them face off and with a rematch from 11 years before at Summerslam. Also they could face off at WM 30 but I think they're saving Brock vs Punk for that.
    I cant see both of heymans clients facing off.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerLCD View Post
    It has been confirmed that Lesnar vs Rock is happening for Wrestlemania 30. but that could change down the road.
    Source?
    My Youtube Channel

10+ Year Old Account
    any wrestling dirt sheet says Lesnar and Rock for WM 30 or SS this year.

Also I wouldn't be surprised at all if Lesnar faced Punk between now and WM 30. They both could end up in a tag match at RR vs say John Cena and a returning Dave Batista (I use this because i've read rumors he's returning and this would be a pretty awesome match) Punk/Lesnar lose argue and fight about it. Paul gets inbetween possibly "injured" and now we have a grudge match between Punk and Lesnar.

Deleted
    PRE-SHOW

Winner - I hope The Miz wins the Title although I liked him more when he was heel.

OFFICIAL SHOW

Winners - Seriously? As much as I like Dolph Ziggler but they don't stand a chance against Bryan and the Big Red Monster.

2. Ryback vs. Mark Henry
    Winner - don't know; don't care

Winner - who the hell is Fandango? Jericho is one of my favourites so I hope he wins.

Winner - Del Rio, hands down.

Winner - Another on of those matches where I really don't care...AT ALL!

Winner - I fear Lesnar will win again.

Winners - Kinda one-sided if you ask me. Sheamus, Randy Orton and Big Show will destroy The Shield. Kinda sad since I like The Shield pretty much.

Winner - Now there is a dilemma. On one side we have CM Punk who is my absolute favourite Wrestler and on the other side we got the phenomenal Streak by the Undertaker who is right up there with CM Punk in my favourite list but a bit behind Punk. I hope for a win by CM Punk but considering the Streak I think Undertaker will be victorius once again.

Winner - I kinda hated WWE for giving the Title to Dwayne and taking it from Punk but now I am absolutely rooting for The Rock since I don't like Cena at all. But I think Cena wins that Match so The Rock can focus on his acting career again.

Wade Barret

Team Hell No

Ryback

Chris Jericho

Alberto Del Rio

Tons of funk

Triple H

Seamus/Big Show/Randy Orton

The undertaker(duh)

The Rock
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    The undertaker(duh)
    I just don't know what to think because yeah we all want the streak to live forever but The Undertaker is soon to retire(in my opinion should have retired at WM 28 hence the end of an era tagline) and I think it would be awesome for Taker to "pass the torch" to CM punk honestly the only worthy person at this point. I mean if you really think about it, 20-0 is something big. 21-0 is nothing really special.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerLCD View Post
    I just don't know what to think because yeah we all want the streak to live forever but The Undertaker is soon to retire(in my opinion should have retired at WM 28 hence the end of an era tagline) and I think it would be awesome for Taker to "pass the torch" to CM punk honestly the only worthy person at this point. I mean if you really think about it, 20-0 is something big. 21-0 is nothing really special.
    It could go either way, but I think Taker Vs Cena at WM 30 is bound to happen. The two biggest and most loyal company guys of the way 10-15 years colliding would be awesome. And needless to say that card is going to be absolutely stacked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emenius View Post
    Sadly y2j is gonna lose.
    Inclined to agree here. Fandango (AKA Johnny Curtis) is a new up and coming talent, and Jericho is just the kind of guy to put him over. Jericho's match with CM Punk at last year's Wrestlemania was one of the best in the card, and Jericho's an excellent performer, who can really put credibility behind a guy they are trying to push.

---------- Post added 2013-04-07 at 12:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kelbak-Illidan View Post
    It could go either way, but I think Taker Vs Cena at WM 30 is bound to happen. The two biggest and most loyal company guys of the way 10-15 years colliding would be awesome. And needless to say that card is going to be absolutely stacked.
    It'll probably be Taker and Kane at 30; if anyone is going to get to break the streak, it'll be Kane.
    I still doubt that it'll ever end, though. Best gimmick ever, and it's 21 years in the making.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Inclined to agree here. Fandango (AKA Johnny Curtis) is a new up and coming talent, and Jericho is just the kind of guy to put him over. Jericho's match with CM Punk at last year's Wrestlemania was one of the best in the card, and Jericho's an excellent performer, who can really put credibility behind a guy they are trying to push.

---------- Post added 2013-04-07 at 12:17 AM ----------

It'll probably be Taker and Kane at 30; if anyone is going to get to break the streak, it'll be Kane.
    I still doubt that it'll ever end, though. Best gimmick ever, and it's 21 years in the making.
    I don't see that happening. They could put on a hell of a match for sure. But Undertaker's one match a year schedule is better used with someone like Cena, possibly even Brock or The Rock (albeit I believe Rock/Taker should have happened this year) not to say Kane isn't a great talent, he's more so used as a midcard guy to put over talent now a days.

TBH I dont think they'll ever end the streak and taker will just retire unbeaten, granted he should've done that after his last match.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Rather than giving predictions (I don't watch anymore so I'm fairly uninformed) I'll simply say who I want to win.

PRE-SHOW

Winner - Not familiar with either. I guess Barrett, since The Miz sounds like a lame rapper name.

OFFICIAL SHOW

Winners - Team Hell No. Kane was one of my favorites.

2. Ryback vs. Mark Henry
    Winner - Mark Henry I guess. I never cared much for him but at least he's someone I recognize.

Winner - Jericho.

Winner - Not familiar with either, but I'll go with Swagger for an empty reason that would probably get me called racist.

Winner - I don't know any of these people either. But I'll go with the second team, because the twins are gorgeous.

Winner - Triple H!

Winners - The Big Show and crew.

Winner - Undertaker. He's the best of all time and deserves to retire with his streak unbroken. Certainly not to this nobody.

Winner - I don't like John Cena, at all. His inexplicable popularity made me lose faith in humanity. So I'm going with the people's champ.