• No, I just don't like Xbox.

137 17.70%
  • No, I don't like the idea of requiring 100%stable Internet

455 58.79%
  • Other (comment)

39 5.04%
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Faladrath View Post
    It was amusing for the reason that Russia is a huge country and the internet connectivity in it vary also to a huge degree. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_in_Russia
    So yes using a small country in africa would be a better line in for your what ifs.

As to your claim of US only at 2/3 or 3/4 66% or 75% ,which is it? . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ch3e3d.png <- thats from 2006, you draw your own conculsion of how it looks today or http://www.fcc.gov/measuring-broadba...rica/2012/july if you want.
    http://www.pewresearch.org/data-tren...t-penetration/
    66% on broadband
    3% on dialup
    31% on nothing
    in the US of A as of 2012

And why would Africa be a better line when they would be even worse, but not a 1st world country like Russia? I am looking for a comparable average for a country that has many people that can afford the console and have the ability to use it.

If I was in the market for a console, honestly this wouldn't deter me. I'm a PC gamer, so I'm always 100% online anyhow, so am rather used to it. I personally find the DLC scheme adapted by so many game companies far more offensive than a required connection.

I'd be a little surprised if they made this a requirement with the upcoming console, especially if Sony decides to NOT implement the same sort of thing.

Consoles are in a weird place right now. None of them are going to be particularly big technological leaps, and none of them (from what I know) seem ready to address and utilize 4k screen resolutions, assuming that they become embraced and the price drops accordingly (which should happen over the next several years).
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion
    Next time you guys log in, Blizzard should freeze your character, spawn your favourite mount and shoot it in the head. - Mormolyce

It's actually sad to see people voted yes. How could you support shit like this? Anyway, there is no way in hell I will buy this if it has to be always online. When I play a game I like to just relax and play the game without any interruptions (internet connections). If I'm playing a single player game and I'm really getting immersed in the world and the story of the game and then all of sudden a internet connection error pops up and ends the game, I am going to be pretty damn pissed off. I'm still amazed how people just don't realize that with these kind of systems, no internet means a $300-$500 worthless pile of junk laying there on your table/desk/floor which also means those 20 games you have for it are also worthless.

Only system I know for sure I will be buying is the Wii U. I MIGHT get a PS4, it's the only other next gen console that looks pretty interesting but if it has any bullshit like not being able to play used games or DRM shit or any other stupid crap that affects the way you play the games for it, I will not be getting it. To be honest though these next gen consoles (PS4 and Xbox 720) seem pretty unnecessary. I mean really, how much different could they be compared to the PS3 and Xbox 360 except for a few new functions and more unnecessary social add ons and improved graphics. Couldn't they have just upgraded the current ones? I mean how far could they possibly go with making new consoles?
    Last edited by Geminiwolf; 2013-04-12 at 07:27 PM.
    "Wine was invented by the Romans... for orgies. And orgies are not too much fun if no-one wants to do it with you."
    "What the heck you gonna do if you're on a picnic and have an ice cream and the ants crawl on the ice cream, what are you gonna do? You're gonna eat the ants because it's made out of protein."
    For your health.

If Xbox goes always online it will be a large shock, do you think they are unaware of the fan hate for AO? The console gaming market is highly competitive, do you think one company is just going to shoot themselves in the foot before the race starts?

I do not see the point in a console any more though, the line for console and PC is so blured nowa days it seems pointless to me.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    How could you support shit like this?
    They don't actually realize how it can impact them, or they just don't care. Meh... Its hardly like "unimpeded by the thought process" is any sort of crime. If it was, we would need a lot bigger prisons.

The whole always online thing isnt what bothers me. Its the whole M$ can look in on me at anytime with the kinect camera.

If next X-Box will try to force "always have stable internet" on me then I'll buy one of the other consoles. It's as simple as that. Fortunately, there are other gaming consoles. Rigth now I have both an X-Box 360 and a Playstation 3. I can totally live with only Playstation 4. Playstation, in my opinion, has better games anyway.

I think I am done with consoles myself as well, I just cannot seem to muster the drive to play it when I have my PC.

yes. I like always online. I have fiber Internet.

It seems some people are oblivious to the numerous amount of launch problems that plague always-online DRM games.

Or maybe they don't care, like SirRobin put it.
    To declare that a personal, inner experience gives certainty about the workings of the universe is to assign far too much value to one’s subjective sense of conviction.
    I’m not that arrogant.

The brain, marvelous instrument though it is, isn’t infallible. It can misfire, seize or hallucinate, and it can do so in a way that’s utterly indistinguishable from reality to the person experiencing it.

Consoles are pretty much dead. They are now social-multi-media-devices. I don't care about having netflix on my xbox I just want to play games, that's why I bought a damn xbox! Then suddenly someone tells me I can't play my single player games by myself? No thanks I'll just upgrade my PC.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

Quote Originally Posted by QuizTIC View Post
    yes. I like always online. I have fiber Internet.
    It might be a good idea to remember that requiring an internet connection not only requires that your connectivity be good enough. It also requires that Microsoft's connectivity be good enough. Something that was an issue with both Diablo 3 and SimCity. So having that requirement actually adds, at least, two additional potential points of failure to the system.

I will not be buying the new Xbox if it has online only or not, though it would be dumb if it does have that feature.

EDIT: People have a very arrogant attitude towards Always Online systems. Not everyone has Fiber Optic, if it was available in my area I would get it. There is only one provider in my area and it sucks. Also, like (SirRobin) said, it adds two failures to the system. Usually it is on the companies end that fails, SimCity as an example, but that does not rule out your own internet going out.

If I do buy a "next gen" console it will be the Playstation 4, not at launch though. Main reason is because most of the games I play are on the Playstation, plus it seems Sony wants to help indie companies out with selling their games in the PS4.
    Last edited by Nkagnito89; 2013-04-12 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    It might be a good idea to remember that requiring an internet connection not only requires that your connectivity be good enough. It also requires that Microsoft's connectivity be good enough. Something that was an issue with both Diablo 3 and SimCity. So having that requirement actually adds, at least, two additional potential points of failure to the system.
    Pfft, shows what you know about the internet. It's purely and simply magic. Magic going in and out of this strange box I have at my feet... I think I hear the fairies fluttering inside now. And like any kind of magic, there's zero probability of something going wrong with it...

Though I'm being sarcastic, part of me wouldn't be surprised if some people at Microsoft actually thought this... Well, they might as well think it.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.