Poll: Will you purchase?

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by facerollin View Post
    Exactly this, so many greasy nerds complaining when their shit wont work 0.01% of the time, my power/internet hasn't gone out in the last 18 months at all.

Stop whinging holy shit.
    Because Sim City 5 and Diablo 3's problems were caused by problems with players own internet, amiright? And while your internet might not have gone down, somebody elses has. And lets not forget data transfer limits and connections speeds that are not only abysmal crap in large parts of the world, but even in majority of US.
    How about hundreds of thousands potential customers across the globe in university dormitories and such with university firewalls blocking ports used by online games and consoles?

You're just an condescending, egocentrics dumbass with no grasp of reality and anectodal "evidence" to back you up. No better that that Adam Orth guy who half the itnernet now hates with a passion.

Infracted - Please don't flame.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2013-04-07 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Extraordinaire View Post
    I'm not saying that, it just seems stupid to require Internet to play single player games.
    This is one of the major reasons I dislike so many of the games that are now steam games. With some you can still get older versions that will play without any need for the internet but others make you log in which is just idiotic.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    For me it doesn't matter at all. I have internet connection so it will always be online either way. If you don't have internet then tough luck. But since we're all sitting on the internet typing on an online forum dedicated to online games it doesn't really apply to us, does it?

I'm gonna feel super bad for all those poor people that doesn't have internet but still manages to pay up 700-800 bucks for the console.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly this, so many greasy nerds complaining when their shit wont work 0.01% of the time, my power/internet hasn't gone out in the last 18 months at all.

Stop whinging holy shit.
    Your good fortune is not indicative of the population at large. My internet connection is somewhat unreliable, and expectantly so when there's more than one person on at once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Stop whinging holy shit.
    This might sound crazy, but not everybody always has internet depending on where they are at. It is beyond silly that so many games require internet to play when the game itself has zero internet requirements.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I will get one once I can buy a hacked one from someone (or know how to do it myself) that will let me play used games. I of course will buy it second hand if I try to do it myself.

If I'm going to play a console, it just needs to play games, that is it. I don't need browsers. I don't need movie rentals. I don't need streaming video. I don't need to be online. I just need something I turn on and play. Simple as that.
    A console should be about gaming, and not Facebook or Netflix
    101% agree.

Though I do like a music player/photo album for games that actually use them (like playing your own music in game and image uploads for games like Hyperdimension Neptunia) and would like a simple yet good web browser just in case I wanted to look up something about the game I was playing that wouldn't exit me out of the actual game. However all of that comes secondary to a good game experience from a console and I would never absolutely require them.
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2013-04-07 at 08:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    no.
    First i don't like always n second not a big xbox fan

Though TBH NOBODY i know will get it as long as it has always on DRM.

I still don't understand the need to make it a requirement, even though i have internet 99% of the time. Just make it an option and everyone is happy... although i don't think they care about their consumers. I just think consoles are outdated anyway, they used to be plug and play... now you have to go online, create a profile, install the game and download updates and patches, and so on... too much hassle, i'm gonna stick with a computer as long as they keep making games for them.

A console should be about gaming, and not Facebook or Netflix

Stop whinging holy shit.
    you do understand that always online requirements not only put more, unnecessary, cost requirements on the customer but also the company as well, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    I will get one once I can buy a hacked one from someone (or know how to do it myself) that will let me play used games. I of course will buy it second hand if I try to do it myself.
    It wont take long IMO, Sim City got cracked within a couple of weeks.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    It wont take long IMO, Sim City got cracked within a couple of weeks.
    It did? Not seen anything around about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    from what I've heard, they've done most everything except local saves. I think the offline/dev mode was just removing a few lines from a config file.

Indeed, some kid cracked it, though it hasnt been made public yet. I'll try find the youtube video, as I understand it for now it's only a partial crack.

Edit: Cant find the video in question but it seems that the crack has been made public by razor1911.
    Last edited by Evil Inside; 2013-04-07 at 08:41 AM.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Deleted
    Cool! Thought Sim City would be one of those "way too hard nuts" that people just gave up on.

Cool! Thought Sim City would be one of those "way too hard nuts" that people just gave up on.
    Nah, I'm glad it got cracked TBH just because they screwed the legit-users over, it shows that the online-only BS is just that and that it doesn't actually do anything to stop piracy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zeropeorth View Post
    rather certain I won't buy it ... good chance I wouldn't anyway ... but if it requires online ... and used games are out; one for me; and I don't care what exclusive awesomeness they try to flash around.

If PS4 acts against used games/rentals ... I won't bother with that either.

I'm more likely to search out old consoles and games for them, better value for money anyway. If I want graphics, my PC is better than any console anyway; if I want a controller, those are accessible as well.

If I'm going to play a console, it just needs to play games, that is it. I don't need browsers. I don't need movie rentals. I don't need streaming video. I don't need to be online. I just need something I turn on and play. Simple as that.

What is worse, the intentions are nefarious. It is purely about profit, not furthering the technology. It is about rentals and microtransactions. Making money on the backend of used games. Killing the rental industry which I feel gets them more sales than prevents. Where in the past, everything was about furthering the quality of the game, either in length, visuals, or gameplay.

It is sad.
    I play every single player game on PC with my xbox pad.

Every game ive tried instantly recognises the controller and all in game instructions and tutorials show xbox pad buttons while you play.

The pad and buttons are instantly set up the same as how the console game is. No need to map buttons or anything.

Its an exact console experience, except your playing with better graphics

Deleted
    No.

Im a Microsoft fan and owner of the original Xbox and a 360, my internet is stable and I cant remember the last time I had a problem with it but still if this requires a always online connection I wont be buying it.

What they dont seem to realize is im not worried about my ISP it's the develops servers and connections that bother me, i dont want to pay £55 (rumoured next gen price) for a single player game that requires you to be connected to their servers, there's always downtime and problems.

How are they going to run Xbox live now? I mean if they still plan on charging for the service then you basically have to pay a subscription to play your own console, there will be no other option but to pay for it. The whole situation is ridiculous.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between cloud 9 and the seventh level of hell
    I have a fairly stable, decent internet connection and router.

I am not a pirate.

There is no way in hell i will be buying any console that requires an always-on internet connection.

Always on DRM is one of the banes of current and future gaming. And to top it all off, its NOT effective at stopping hacks etc. All it does is screw over legitimate customers and stop the sale of used games (which will collapse an entire section of the industry right there).

I've been a gamer since i was 5 years old with my Atari 2600. I currently have a Wii, Xbox360 and PS3 to go with my computer. It pains me to believe that i will never buy another console... but honestly, if the next xbox and ps4 go this route i'll be pulling the plug on my console buying from here on out

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    No.

Im a Microsoft fan and owner of the original Xbox and a 360, my internet is stable and I cant remember the last time I had a problem with it but still if this requires a always online connection I wont be buying it.

What they dont seem to realize is im not worried about my ISP it's the develops servers and connections that bother me, i dont want to pay £55 (rumoured next gen price) for a single player game that requires you to be connected to their servers, there's always downtime and problems.

How are they going to run Xbox live now? I mean if they still plan on charging for the service then you basically have to pay a subscription to play your own console, there will be no other option but to pay for it. The whole situation is ridiculous.
    We pay $100-$120 for new titles here(standard, collectors editions/special editions cost more), it sucks balls.

Not at all. If it requires you to have an internet connection in order to play games it's like saying

" Hey sony have our customers "

I'll be buying a PS4 if this is the case.