Poll: Will you purchase?

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by siafu View Post
    besides the always online requirement there's also the rumor of unable to play borrowed games. that would be a huge no no for kids.
    That would depend on how the always online works. If it works a la Steam, where you register games to your account, then it would make loaning games and used games useless. You'd need the account the game was attached to in order to play it. So while you could still bring games to a friends house, you'd have to swap accounts to play your games.

We'll see next month when Microsoft likely has their press conference about the console.

Deleted
    If you get a crack chip for it, and install XBMC, then sure, why not.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    That would depend on how the always online works. If it works a la Steam, where you register games to your account, then it would make loaning games and used games useless. You'd need the account the game was attached to in order to play it. So while you could still bring games to a friends house, you'd have to swap accounts to play your games.

We'll see next month when Microsoft likely has their press conference about the console.
    besides borrowing im talking about re-selling and trading both of which according to rumor will be gone. that would be a big no no for me when i was a kid.

anyway i just sold my xbox 360, gonna buy the ps4 when it comes out this time.

10+ Year Old Account
    So has Adam been canned or not?
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHPOiOr94L8

Take all the criticism in that video about always online and apply it to the next Xbox.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    So has Adam been canned or not?
    of course not

Quote Originally Posted by Phaty View Post
    why do people still try to use this argument against steam? every steam game that s not multiplayer only works in offline mode, ive used it for years just like countless others.
    You still have to log in at the very least to download and install the game even if you have the disc in hand. As far as playing it once it is all set up for plenty you still have to log in, it is a horrible set up.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    You still have to log in at the very least to download and install the game even if you have the disc in hand. As far as playing it once it is all set up for plenty you still have to log in, it is a horrible set up.
    But, its not as bad as other services, and by no means is steam perfect, like how I need to be logged in order to switch to offline mode. But at least there are ways around it and if they ever go down due to server issues your not up shit creek without a paddle.

"In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

What bothers me even more then a constant connection required is the fact that there will be a 3d camera always on scanning the room that the xbox is in. I really dont understand why this hasnt had more attention.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thephayul View Post
    What bothers me even more then a constant connection required is the fact that there will be a 3d camera always on scanning the room that the xbox is in. I really dont understand why this hasnt had more attention.
    no confirmation that it will require kinect always on just rumours and if its not on the actual console just turn it around (if its true)

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    no confirmation that it will require kinect always on just rumours and if its not on the actual console just turn it around (if its true)
    The online only was just a rumour as well. It also started about the same time. I'm not saying whether its true or not, just the fact that noones picked on the fact that there could be a camera scanning your room 24/7.

I've been a Xbox fan since '04 when I switched from PS2 to the original Xbox. I own 1 original Xbox and 5 Xbox 360's (yeah, I know) only one of which isn't currently working. I have been an XBL member for over 9 years straight, and have spent countless hours on this system alone.

Despite my love for the console, I am seriously considering not getting the next generation Xbox because of the always online requirement. I travel back and forwards between three different home all with somewhat working internet connections, so it's not that I don't have internet that makes me mad. Actually, my main residence was without internet for the past 8 years. So I know how frustrating it can be to be without internet, and this is just basically an insult to those who are already knocked down.
    Proud Conservative and lover of guns, freedom and the Constitution.

XBox is more restrictive than iOS. You have to be online, you have to use (and pay for) xbox live for anything, you have to do everything THEY want you to do. Even developers have to do what they want... devs cant release free DLC on the xbox because MS forces them to charge. This means some games dont even get all the content that the PS3 gets. IF I get a console next generation (which is likely, as I will want a blu-ray player at some point), I will get a PS4 from what I can tell.

EDIT: MS is trying to cater to devs that want to make money, as a result they are losing their customers.
    Last edited by TheRabidDeer; 2013-04-08 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Yes, but after that initial bump in the road you're free to enjoy your games whenever you want, online or offline. Steam is not perfect, but it works.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

I'm not buying it if it is mainly because the whole idea behind it is retarded, i have no problems with my internet but the idea of always having to be online is just so stupid and comes from people who are narrowminded and don't recognize what their customers want.

ITT people say no but buy it anyways. Why do companies care what you think? They know you'll just take it.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    ITT people say no but buy it anyways. Why do companies care what you think? They know you'll just take it.
    Yeah, how about, no?

I bought a 360 for a couple of exclusives, probably got my money's worth out of it.

But it hasn't been worth the headache of an always online DRM. Hell, I haven't had it hooked up to the net but once since I purchased it.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    With the PS4 better in so many ways so far and there being so few exclusives on the xbox... why buy one and pay extra and put yourself through the hassle?

I'll probably give up xbox anyways and just get the ps4, but if the nextgen xbox requries an always online connection then I won't even buy it down the road. I'll also not recommend it to any of my friends or anybody that asks me my opinion. yes many areas of the world have great internet, but I just got decent internet a few weeks ago myself. and a lot of places have very crappy internet if any at all.

it's just a dumb form of DRM.