Poll: Will you purchase?

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    With the PS4 better in so many ways so far and there being so few exclusives on the xbox... why buy one and pay extra and put yourself through the hassle?
    yeah... it really doesn't look like this is going to be a competative console war for this generation.

nintendo can't get a game for the wii-u and microsoft is getting the worst PR from these rumors that some employes have been defending them rather vitriolically.

Deleted
    the way adam orth behaved on twitter was the final nail in the coffin for me.

he is a wanker and should be fired asap

I am not a console type person but was going to get one when the next-gens come out....I think I'll stick with PC gaming.

I yearn for a new console that's just like the old days---I turn on the console, put a (single-player) game in the tray, and play the damn game

It's a good thing I didn't do a drinking game for myself when I watched Sony's announcement by taking a shot everytime those idiots said "social." Looks like the Xbox will be much worse. Does Xbox even have a good exclusive that isn't pew pew shit that the previous two Xbox's have been living on?

There's going to be some cool remasters of FFX and KH2 (single-player RPGs are a huge reason why I play consoles); I'd probably rather play those (again) instead. Then Get a PS4. Xbox can piss off with their "Always Online" crap (if true)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    yeah... it really doesn't look like this is going to be a competative console war for this generation.

nintendo can't get a game for the wii-u and microsoft is getting the worst PR from these rumors that some employes have been defending them rather vitriolically.
    oh yes because the witness and knack look brilliant lol

If they are making same shity controller then no.

I mostly play my consoles when my inet goes out, or when I go on vacation somewhere, something to do after the day is over. If this does end up being the case, I will not buy the new ones coming out.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    With the PS4 better in so many ways so far and there being so few exclusives on the xbox... why buy one and pay extra and put yourself through the hassle?
    Better on paper doesn't mean much. All other things being equal, the PS3 would win the current console gen for me based on exclusives ... but the reality of it is that Xbox is winning for me because the XBL experience for competitive games is much better than PSN. Why? Because that's where the top players play, and so the competition is better. Whether the service itself is better or not, that's where the better players are, and that's where people have to play if they want to get better. As much as that sucks. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't have bought an Xbox. Even the Japanese professional fighting game players who don't like Xbox play on Xbox because it's "better." and that's where the competition is. So for some people it's not really a choice if they want to remain competitive, if that's what they find enjoyable.

If the next consoles have an always-on internet requirement, I'll still buy it. My PS3 and Xbox are currently always connected to the internet when they're on, so it wouldn't really be anything different.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Better on paper doesn't mean much. All other things being equal, the PS3 would win the current console gen for me based on exclusives ... but the reality of it is that Xbox is winning for me because the XBL experience for competitive games is much better than PSN. Why? Because that's where the top players play, and so the competition is better. Whether the service itself is better or not, that's where the better players are, and that's where people have to play if they want to get better. As much as that sucks. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't have bought an Xbox. Even the Japanese professional fighting game players who don't like Xbox play on Xbox because it's "better." and that's where the competition is. So for some people it's not really a choice if they want to remain competitive, if that's what they find enjoyable.

If the next consoles have an always-on internet requirement, I'll still buy it. My PS3 and Xbox are currently always connected to the internet when they're on, so it wouldn't really be anything different.
    The PS3 is going to beat the xbox 360 despite the extremely bad and expensive start of the PS3. Also, only FPS games are slightly more competitive on xbox. Fighting games generally favor the PS3. I mean, the competitive 2v2 in SFxTekken can only be played on the PS3. The xbox is not better than the PS3 for fighting games, and is only slightly better for FPS games because of the presence of halo.

EDIT: Evo 2013 has 5 games on the PS3 and 4 games on the X360 (though admittedly the games on the X360 are the big ones, like SSF4:AE)
    Last edited by TheRabidDeer; 2013-04-09 at 01:57 AM.

Deleted
    where the top players play, and so the competition is better
    i really hope you dont mean fps players.

Even the Japanese professional fighting game players who don't like Xbox play on Xbox because it's "better." and that's where the competition is. So for some people it's not really a choice if they want to remain competitive, if that's what they find enjoyable.
    Daigo Umehara who is probably the best street fighter player ever plays on both xbox and playstation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkkitehti View Post
    So a consumer not buying a product because of a perfectly valid reason is whining now?

Man, I've gotten this capitalism thing all wrong it seems.
    Capitalism = consume and obey.
    Putin khuliyo

I see no reason to buy any next gen consoles anymore, I used to enjoy sitting down with a nice console game every now and again, but now that console makers aren't pushing the boundaries I see no reason to buy any more, I've got the Wii for its crazy shit & netflix machine capability, more than that seems pointless (unless I need to upgrade it for HHHHHD netflix)

If Xbox are going to be putting all this shit on the 720, I see no reason why anyone would buy it, the current 360 model is already a rip off, so if PS can convert the current Xbox generation, then I see no way Microsoft will even compete, unless they secretly hack the PSN servers and expose security issues.. again, but we'll have to see what bs they can come up with at their first press release

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to need more information to go on than just that before I just deny something. But so far, no. I have no point in needing a console anymore. Xbox's constant connection could be good though, if they make Xbox Live free, and each system comes with free WiFi.

Deleted
    Yes.

Aslong as they don't ruin the controller I will buy one, I've been a xbox fan since the first console came out and even though I have a PS3 I love my 360 (enough that i'm onto my 4th after the past 3 died). Mostly because I cannot stand the playstation controller, it feels wrong.

The always online rumor doesn't really bother me all that much since 90% of the games I play are online in someway anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like PS4 has easily won the next console wars before its even begun :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

15+ Year Old Account
    my internet connection is rubbish at the best of times, NEEDing the console to be connected to the internet in order to play would be a no no (at least until I move somewhere with better internet) this goes for both the new xbox and ps4 (already got the WiiU)

Xbox are taking a risk with it, and from what I've seen don't appear to be dealing with the critisms very well and are taking a "yeh, well, deal with it" kinda aproach...

Not planning to buy any next gen console at all. But if I was going to, I'd never buy a console with always-online requirement. Haven't bought Diablo-3 because of that and it's just a single game. But a whole console? No. Go fuck yourself, microsoft. I'm a huge fan of Halo, but this is too much. Besides... It is all about multiplayer lately, and I prefer to play alone....
    What MS does right now is practically saying: "Here, Sony. We decided to hand you over the victory in next gen console wars. Enjoy".

Deleted
    there are so many reasons not to buy the always on console.

number 1. the always on console has an always on kinect who on earth wants microsoft having a camera in their bedroom and or living room bit big brother if you ask me :P

number 2. internet does drop out sometimes even if its only for a few minutes that means you cant play skyrim watch a film do anything, i dont know about you but i use my xbox for dvds and films in general what good is a multimedia device that is part brick.

number 3. EXPENSIVE internet costs some people budget their internet using it when its only necessary

number 4. what if it gets hacked like psn that was down for 30 days you then have an expensive 500 dollar parer weight for 30 day!

number 5. why pay more for less?! the quality of the console may be the same as the ps4 but you can only use it half the time always on probably means no preowned games too and i dont care much for that.

number 6. microsoft are so out of touch with their consumers that they think they can pull off all the above and people will buy it?! well its times like this a community can make a stand and i for one an making one.

as long as adam orth works at microsoft and as long as microsoft build consoles designed to stop people playing preowned games and monitoring all the games people play i have no interest in their creepy console.

the nextbox will be called the observatron-screwthousand or the stalker box

10+ Year Old Account
    From the point of view of my current internet , yes i would be fine with it as i very rarel prob once every other week get dc and usually reconnects withn a couple of seconds...

From the point of view of my old internet which disconnected every 10minutes then no i would definitely not and it would be silly to even try to force people to connect to the internet to play single player games.

We had our internet connection be out for 5 days last year thanks to a lightning strike nearby. If I had just spent 500 dollars on a console I'D be pretty pissed off if I couldn't play games or use it as a BluRay player.