The Abyss Will Gaze Back Into You

This is one of the last achievements I have left for my Cata Raider meta. Can this pretty much be zerged now, at level 90? Is it pretty much an "avoid fire and win" achievement? Just curious if anyone's done this at level 90, and what to expect when I get a group together.

On that note, what about "Stay Chill?" That's one of the last ones I have to do as well. Thanks in advance!

Chogall will die so fast, its pretty hard to not get the achievement. Avoid the few shadow crashes that he will send out before transition and its yours.

I did Stay Chill earlier in MOP with 5 people. Super simple, the gear inflation makes nothing dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Theiea View Post
    Chogall will die so fast, its pretty hard to not get the achievement. Avoid the few shadow crashes that he will send out before transition and its yours.

I did Stay Chill earlier in MOP with 5 people. Super simple, the gear inflation makes nothing dangerous.
    Fantastic, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by jetersky View Post
    This is one of the last achievements I have left for my Cata Raider meta. Can this pretty much be zerged now, at level 90? Is it pretty much an "avoid fire and win" achievement? Just curious if anyone's done this at level 90, and what to expect when I get a group together.

On that note, what about "Stay Chill?" That's one of the last ones I have to do as well. Thanks in advance!
    It's not hard to get provided Shadow Crash never damages a person and the add never gets their cast off. Just pop hero/lust when phase 2 starts.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was easy, already in Cata.. We got it onour second kill, without even trying...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Make sure nobody gets hit by any crashes in the first phase, then burn like crazy as soon as the phase changes. Save lust. Used to be hard to kill him before everyone got too much insanity but at level 90 it should be a walk in the park. Provided nobody got hit in the first phase (you can make it even if some people were hit a few times, just makes it harder as the more insanity you have the faster you gain it).

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    It was easy, already in Cata.. We got it onour second kill, without even trying...
    Yeah unless you had that one guy in your raid who would eat 1-2 crashes every single time haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Yeah unless you had that one guy in your raid who would eat 1-2 crashes every single time haha.
    That guy, was kicked before first kill ;-)

It wasn't really difficult to get to last phase with no insanity, back then.. We always had a shaman run with the add-tank for extra interrupt..
    I suspect, it will be impossible to miss the achievement at 90...
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2013-04-10 at 06:30 AM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    That guy, was kicked before first kill ;-)

It wasn't really difficult to get to last phase with no insanity, back then.. We always had a shaman run with the add-tank for extra interrupt..
    I suspect, it will be impossible to miss the achievement at 90...
    Back then I was in a guild with friends so you couldn't exactly kick them when they were being derpy haha. I remember never being able to kill Nef because our tank just could not get on the pillars to save his life! Other than that he was one of our best players though :P

I bet modern Chog pugs just stand in everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was it not possible to put a priest in derpy-tank's pillar-group, so he could be gripped up?

Deleted
    pretty sure the edge, which most likely prevented said warrior from swimming up himself, would have prevented him being gripped as well (not that i tried though :x)

10+ Year Old Account
    We 3manned that achievement at 90.

Thanks for all the replies! I've got a full group, including some guildmates, so sound like it should be easy enough to do.

edit: Since people are here, anyone care to elaborate on how to achieve "Stay Chill?" It's the only other achievement I can't seem to find a solid guide for, or have the knowledge to just do. Thanks again!
    Last edited by jetersky; 2013-04-10 at 10:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    edit: Since people are here, anyone care to elaborate on how to achieve "Stay Chill?" It's the only other achievement I can't seem to find a solid guide for, or have the knowledge to just do. Thanks again!
    Basically, interrupt big adds, AoE small adds and don't stand in puddles. This way, you get to Phase 2 with zero stacks.. In Phase 2, nuke boss fast (60 sec?) as you get stack every 2 sec, IIRC..

Thanks for all the replies! I've got a full group, including some guildmates, so sound like it should be easy enough to do.

That's the achievement in Throne of the Four Winds Conclave, correct? Do it on normal mode and kill Anshal + Rohash before finishing off Nezir. Wait to do the killing blow on Nezir until everyone has 7 stacks. If you can kill Anshal and Rohash shortly after an ultimate occurs then you have 2 minutes to kill Nezir, plenty of time to get the stacks needed for the achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    That's the achievement in Throne of the Four Winds Conclave, correct? Do it on normal mode and kill Anshal + Rohash before finishing off Nezir. Wait to do the killing blow on Nezir until everyone has 7 stacks. If you can kill Anshal and Rohash shortly after an ultimate occurs then you have 2 minutes to kill Nezir, plenty of time to get the stacks needed for the achievement.
    Thank you!

So I went and did these today, and almost feel stupid for researching and asking about them. Every achievement in BoT was piss easy and practically fell over. Cho'gall didn't even spawn an add before he was dead. Stay Chill was the only one that caused a bit of a headache, and it was probably just unbalanaced DPS because one side would die before the other and stacks were accumulating at different rates because of it.