Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    It may just be me, but as WoW progresses, I can't help but think the Big Bad of the series will be the Titans, not Sargeras.
    I still hope for Scarlet Crusade "God" to show up someday. But Titans are more likely.

As far as the Burning Legion goes I think the next expansion will be related to them. Though I don't believe we will end up killing Sargeras. We may end up finally getting our first in-game glimpses of him, but they'll hold off the ultimate battle. Most likely the end boss of the next Legion related expansion will be a fully realized Kil'jaeden (possibly on a newly updated Outland), where this time around we actually end him once and for all.

Purely speculation on my part, but maybe a couple of expansions later we find the location of the Legion's primary base world (I'm thinking Argus, or something in that vein), as well as some means of transporting our forces there. Thus for the first time in Warcraft history mortal beings wage an offensive war against the Legion. This would be after Velen's "Army of Light" plan comes to fruition, and would likely lead to us finally facing off against the Dark Titan himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    I still hope for Scarlet Crusade "God" to show up someday. But Titans are more likely.

"Scarlet Crusade God"? Their 'God' is the Light, the same 'deity', or whatever you want to call it, that the Alliance follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post
    We will probably be cleaning out all the old gods next expansion for good, them the one after that we will be fighting the legion.
    to clean out the old gods we need to figure out the titans, who have weapons to put old gods to sleep... thats the closest we know of old gods dying.. which ain't even death its just a perma slumber unless someone yanks out the sword

---------- Post added 2013-04-17 at 12:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RabidHexley View Post
    As far as the Burning Legion goes I think the next expansion will be related to them. Though I don't believe we will end up killing Sargeras. We may end up finally getting our first in-game glimpses of him, but they'll hold off the ultimate battle. Most likely the end boss of the next Legion related expansion will be a fully realized Kil'jaeden (possibly on a newly updated Outland), where this time around we actually end him once and for all.

Purely speculation on my part, but maybe a couple of expansions later we find the location of the Legion's primary base world (I'm thinking Argus, or something in that vein), as well as some means of transporting our forces there. Thus for the first time in Warcraft history mortal beings wage an offensive war against the Legion. This would be after Velen's "Army of Light" plan comes to fruition, and would likely lead to us finally facing off against the Dark Titan himself.
    if anything I think will kill Kil'jaeden for good as he will most likely head the expansion, and maybe a small avatar fight against Sargeras who won't be there but with a fake type of body thingy like the first time we faced kil'jaeden, I would presume a fight sorta like the end of ToT where you face Ra-den but with sargeras avatar

The one thing that is certain is that ANY new expansion will be based off of Old Bosses already established in lore. The pattern of who the choose just depends on what is the complete polar opposite of the previous expansion's theme. Pandaria has been nothing but butterflies and rainbows on the surface. The next expansion will be shady as all hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kil'Jaeden will return and we will fight him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarles Malarkey View Post
    No, the Titans are bound to purge relentless destruction that undermines their creation.

If you had a working brain that listened to the dialogue throughout Ulduar and the Algalon enounter, you'd know this.

Be a fat man on the internet some more. It's attractive.

Mod Edit: Please don't insult.
    If you're trying to be clever it's not working.
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Mayden View Post
    IFurthermore I hope they wont go with itemsquish/ rework of old area's etc. In my opinion is time they start thinking of how they can keep the current characters but move them somehow into a new WoW with an improved engine. Its time to wrap up the current story and begin a fresh one. So new players dont feel like they missed all the good times, but somehow keeping the respect for older players with some acheivements/maybe a mount of two extra to start with.
    They could simply write a new client. The question isn't how to do it, but "is it worth it". I'd say no, it isn't. Sequels to MMOs don't work well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It's true that we won't necessarily fight Sargeras in a "Burning Legion" expansion, but think of how boring it's going to be fighting the Legion over multiple expansions, which is what would have to happen if we didn't decisively defeat them somehow. How many different "demon" models can you bloody well build? I'm personally sceptical of them being able to make even one more "Legion" expansion without it looking way too much like TBC.

Good lord.

Warcraft - 1994
    Warcraft 2 - 1995
    Warcraft 3 - 2002
    WoW - 2004

In the original Warcrafts the enemy was the Horde/Alliance. Sargeras was briefly mentioned in the back lore as a generic demon. In Warcraft 3 it was massively retconned so that he became the ultimate evil in the game universe, and the Lich King/Scourge was invented (previously the only undead units in game were shitty summonable skeletons, and DKs - a weak ranged caster unit, Horde equivalent of a Mage!). Old Gods of course were mostly invented in WoW although there were proto-faceless in one mission of the War3 expansion.

So there were no "big villains" in the old Warcrafts*, it was Orcs vs. Humans (and in War2, Elves, Trolls, Ogres, Dwarves, Gnomes and Goblins were support units for those sides). You'd have to start playing in 2002 to think it was all about Sargeras and the Lich King, and 2004 to think Old Gods.

*(Except maybe Medivh... who was in one mission in War1 and you kill him with a bunch of footmen lol. Deathwing was in the War2 expansion but he was just a normal dragon back then... and we killed him.)

P.S. If you were playing in the 80s you thought the major villain was the other Pong paddle.
    Reading comprehension, get some, you don't play video games straight out of the womb.

I really don't get how people can go, "Burning Legion Expansion? Sargeras! End of WoW!". They really don't have any imagination or lore knowledge at all?

Here's me just throwing some villains out there.
    1. Dreadlord Leader and new Pit Lord Leader
    2. Kil'jaeden, for real this time, with legs! =D
    3. Sargeras

There we go! That's 3 Legion Expansions! They can always do more lore and new baddies among the Legion. Sure it can't go on forever, but heck, I see no problem with those three. More detail!

1. Legion invades Azeroth, the Pit Lord and Dreadlord leader leading the charge with commands from Kil'jaeden, so we'll have some interaction with him too, but no fight.
    2. We go to a world of the Legion (Argus maybe) and take the fight to them, slaying Kil'jaeden.
    3. We go to wherever Sargeras is (somewhere in the Twisting Nether perhaps, who knows where he's hiding) and defeat him with the power of some great force.

Easy.

Quote Originally Posted by diaskeaus View Post
    If Blizzard is smart, they will have WoW go to level 100, and then release a new engine and allow characters to be imported to the new engine through battle.net. Then they would have a new game, and follow that game up with expansions.

That way, people could choose to either start a character in the new engine at level 100 (or whatever the equivalent is) or play through 1-100 on their own, and then import their character and achieves to the new engine.

I'm imagining a new Azeroth, 20 years later, with reshaped cities, entirely new factions and alliances, integrated cities and trade routes for all the current cities, the Exodar as a space hub for traveling to Consortium-friendly planets, and a hunt across the galaxy for the source of the Old Gods (because the purging of the Old Gods would be the raids for level 100) and finally, hunting down Sargeras, who would eventually (after several expansions) be on the run.

I envision the next expansion to be the invasion of the Burning Legion from the sky (and not from a silly portal), raining fire and brimstone down on our capital cities, and where we finally get out from under their shadow and send their strike force packing (in a new War of the Ancients-style battle), and the final expansion to be one where we finally rid Azeroth of the naga and descend into the depths of Azeroth to take down the Old Gods in their home base, in the prisons inside the planet.
    This is a very good idea. But delivering content + building a new WoW requires a lot of effort. I would probably go for an expansion with an extra raid-tier to buy more time and to work towards the ultimate showdown. For the coming expansion(s) concentrate on a great involving story line and postpone game-changers for the new engine. Let the new engine take place in a different time and you got a great explanation why people have to start fresh.
    Last edited by Mayden; 2013-04-17 at 08:55 PM.

Sargeras' spirit and body aren't one atm though. I think his spirit is still locked in Sargeras' tomb, isn't it? On the lost isles, where Gul'dan died. Perhaps it will start with the legion attacking Azeroth again, and we'd fight em on isles and places in the great and south seas. Azshara could be trying to free him from his tomb, with the trident taken from Neptulon during the Vasjh'ir questline (I think at least its hinted towards that). We defeat her and push the legion back, but sargeras is free.

I'm not sure where to find it, but a blue once said that we will definitely 'feel' Sargeras' presence looming over us, long before we will face him and the full force of the Legion.

After this I'd expect another Old God expansion before we take the fight to the Legion

Edit: I may be wrong about his spirit being trapped in the tomb though. It might have just been the Avatar defeated by Aegwynn. But Azshara freeing him in some way from somewhere might be plausible. Why else haven't he been able to take physical form, if he isn't trapped somewhere.
    Last edited by Doffer; 2013-04-17 at 09:49 PM.