Poll: New prof?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

New profession next expansion?

Do you want a new profession?
    If yes, what would you like to see?

Peon - Chop down tree nodes and mine special gold nodes to build stuff like a 'portable inn' that lasts 12 hours and lets you log out in for rested xp, but cannot be placed in any existing town and cannot be placed within 100 yards of each other. temp forges and stuff, max level a gilnean wagon mount and so on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see any need for any other profession. Rather revamp the current ones.
    I would like to see some form of specialization to every profession. Something that can be very well extremely time consuming and costly in regards of materials, but gives a crafter the choice of becoming a true master with exceptionally awesome (valid throughout an entire tier) items to be made. Or even give crafters the ability to upgrade gear.

Deleted
    Wood crafting of course, the axe in Pandaria hints it :P

Totally going to craft this Gilnean wagon thingy with it.

Siege engineering; secondary profession used to gather materials in world pvp zones like Tol Barad, Wintergrasp and two new ones to feature the profession, and use those materials to construct, repair, modify and operate siege weapons and structures.

Because Wintergrasp'n'friends is fun.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

it would be nice to have a "salvage" option. We should be able to salvage cloth gear for the cloth, leather for the leather etc...

I have to say, Professions aren't the best content Blizzard puts out.

Deleted
    Rather then getting a new Profession I would love to see a major overhaul to the old ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well we got pandas and everything is so Chinese looking now. So why not go with Noodlemaking.

Wtb 3 packs of chickennoodles

Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthoof View Post
    Rather then getting a new Profession I would love to see a major overhaul to the old ones.
    These^^^

To me, professions are something that you grind out in a day or two for the passive stat boost and maybe for making the odd item every now and then. I'd love it if Blizz revamped professions, making them much more involved and (dare I say) fun, but the likelihood of that happening is slim. Since this won't happen, I'd like to see a new profession that at least tries to be fun and interactive, no matter what the profession actually is.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    They were till WotLK when they became useless.

I remember how LW was so kickass for DPS boosts for the raids, how BS would craft a lot of gear and sell it. How finding enchants around the world was quite hard, making enchanting a quite competitive prof where not everyone had, for example, mongoose or many classic enchants.
    Now a day every single player has everything, you get a prof up with 5k gold in 1 hour and then you sit with it. The best you can do with them is gold and keep passive boosts such as JCx2 gems or BS extra slots.

Imo res professions rather than create a new one.

Deleted
    I've moved this over to the professions section

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post
    Wood crafting of course, the axe in Pandaria hints it :P

Totally going to craft this Gilnean wagon thingy with it.
    Maybe Call it Furnishing and use it to create furniture for future player housing? *wink* *nudge*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I've moved this over to the professions section
    hehe, thanks

Deleted
    I have some professions and secondary skills I would like to see added. Most important ones though are woodcutting/furnishing and diplomacy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DonQShot View Post
    I have some professions and secondary skills I would like to see added. Most important ones though are woodcutting/furnishing and diplomacy
    I can see woodcutting happen.

For Diplomacy, it should be paired with current reputation-able factions and some sort of NPC interaction.
    f.e.
    If you are exalted with the tanaris/bootybay goblins, you can summon your own mercenary that can either heal you, serve as a bank, etc..
    Or it can make you feel special by learning faction/race x language and they would trade and chat with you - and you can fool around with players talking in an foreign language to them
    Or you 'craft' some fancy vanity armor based on faction x dresscode etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthoof View Post
    Agreed. The last time professions were even mildly interesting was back in tBC.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    As said, what is needed is a significant revamp of the old professions rather than new ones. Some things I would like to see:

- Profession specific quest lines awarding high quality gear or vanity items.
    - More personal benefits for taking a profession; high end BoP gear, for instance.
    - Reintroduction of specializations with rewards for completing specializations.
    - Merge the gathering professions with their respective crafting professions; Blacksmiths and Engineers automatically get mining, Scribes and Alchemists automatically get Herbalism, etc.
    - Reagent traders similar to Ink Traders for all professions, enabling farming of high level mats to be exchanged for low level ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Without the adding new content purely to give it a purpose (Eg. Housing) I can't see a use for any new ones. Same problem Archaeology has, on it's own it's quite pointless, you just get the occasional item that another profession could have easily made instead eg. a staff.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing a woodcrafting profession that also used leather... and makes furniture for player housing and other vanity items. Like chairs you can summon for group members to sit on, etc. The "perk" could be like, trinket enchants.