Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Tier Set Speculation for SoO

So what do you all think the tier sets will look like in SoO? Will they keep the Pandarian Asian flavor going or will they change for more of a Orgimmar Horde look ( Alliance is horde apparel :P) Will the Warriors have a set that looks like an Orc or will they get an updated Doomhamer armor looking set?

Time to share your thoughts!
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Curious to see the Hunter set... I don't think that we going to get an OrcStalker set. So I really don't know. But if a boss or two is one of Garrosh's pet monsters well then we might get something along those lines.

Warrior will get Garrosh's armour for sure and a chest piece to.

Warlocks might get Mannoroth armour.
    And that's all I got!

10+ Year Old Account
    The dk set looks like this!

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they bring it back to home as far as looks go. I xmog anything chinese into Saronite plate anyway, but it would be nice not to have to since it is the horde on horde soil. If it takes place in Durotar, it should be Orc style gear.

---------- Post added 2013-04-08 at 08:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dethlos View Post
    The dk set looks like this!

Source for this assumption?

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I hope they bring it back to home as far as looks go. I xmog anything chinese into Saronite plate anyway, but it would be nice not to have to since it is the horde on horde soil. If it takes place in Durotar, it should be Orc style gear.

---------- Post added 2013-04-08 at 08:39 AM ----------

Source for this assumption?
    I think thats what he wishes it will look like, also i want it to be orcish looking but i wonder if alliance will get a different set like in TOC because i can't see Alliance adorning Horde gear with (probably) Horde symbols all over it.
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Deleted
    Hunters will obviously get Garrosh-Stalker set.

Ostensibly horde-side we'll be coming in to help free the Darkspear trolls. But I hope that they don't use this as an excuse to make yet another troll-themed series of armor. The aesthetic is getting boring.

Orc-themed and Tauren-themed armor, on the other hand, could be fun. There isn't enough barbarian aesthetic in the game nowadays.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethlos View Post
    snipped out
    kingriku clarified that it is merely your "wish" that DK gear looks like that, not that it will ACTUALLY look like that. I kinda figured it was just a hope/dream of someone with a DK, but if this were REAL... I might just have to roll a DK.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    kingriku clarified that it is merely your "wish" that DK gear looks like that, not that it will ACTUALLY look like that. I kinda figured it was just a hope/dream of someone with a DK, but if this were REAL... I might just have to roll a DK.
    Well.... as someone who has a DK as a Main, you should. It feels good to be a Hero Class.
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Well.... as someone who has a DK as a Main, you should. It feels good to be a Hero Class.
    I would in a HEARTBEAT, if they could use a shield. I know most DKs are more powerful than Paladins, but I was fighting a frost DK, 3 Halaa guards (only lvl 65 with 1.3M hp each), and their AoD at the same time yesterday before a 90 Blood showed up in PvP gear and just owned me. I thought I had a chance for a brief moment, but I was rapidly running out of CDs just before the blood DK arrived

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since it is sort of a joint faction opperation I hope they do a horde and alliance alternate model but keep a distinct look for each class. So for instance paladin armor is different for both alliance and horde but also different VS warrior and DK in design.

Deleted
    Well it's hard to guess what kind of mobs and bosses will appear in the actual raid, so they should atleast make Faction specific pieces for each set.
    But warriors will get a kor'kron-ish set, paladins will get a sunwalker based set, hunters a shadow hunter based set with bones and shamans will get a dark shaman based set with flamehound themes to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    Since it is sort of a joint faction opperation I hope they do a horde and alliance alternate model but keep a distinct look for each class. So for instance paladin armor is different for both alliance and horde but also different VS warrior and DK in design.
    Like T9, yeah. I would approve of this. Different armor models for each faction/class.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Will the gear make everyone hunch over like the orcs?

warrior set will be based on garrosh.
    warlock set will be based on mannoroth.
    DK set will be based in skulls.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    warrior set will be based on garrosh.
    warlock set will be based on mannoroth.
    DK set will be based in skulls.
    Okay get the warrior set, get the Dk set, but Warlocks based off Mannoroth? I don't see that happening, maybe a darkshaman like set like the ones who are working for Garrosh below Orgimmar.
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    There is one thing I can predict with certainty... okay, two:
    1. The hunter set will be hideous. Every hunter tier set is hideous. They can't just go and break that pattern now.
    2. Shamans will have GIANT RIDICULOUS SHOULDERS. Always and forever.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I really hope for jaina-hide war-robes as tier set for mages. My troll would look fabulous wearing her scalp as her new hair !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I really hope for jaina-hide war-robes as tier set for mages. My troll would look fabulous wearing her scalp as her new hair !!!
    Sounds cute.
    FOR THE HORDE!!!