Deleted

Question WW monk 1h / 2h / stats / minmaxing -> confused.jpg

Hey guys. Karatechop here.

I wanna start of this topic with apologizing in advance for my bad english.
    I've mostly been into pvp the last couple of years and recently decided to try and get back into raiding.

Anyways, the question I have is regarding the wierd mixed statements I get when checking sites like askMrRobot and wowreforge. It seems like you get different awnsers to what stats are better and soo on.

I was stacking haste, wasn't pulling any good dps soo I started to check around for the best way to aim and I went with the: hit / exp cap > agility > crit > mastery > haste.
    With this I pulled of better dps than before.

But im still not convinced this was the best, mostly due to most ppl saying you should aim for 6500-6800 haste.
    Is this due to them using DW and me using 2h?

This is my armory:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hopqt/advanced <- mostly vendor and LFR items tho.
    (pulling around 80-100k dps on dummy on my own, depending on trinketprocs)

Anyhow. Should I go for the 6500-6800 hasteratings or should I just continue with what Im using atm?

/Confused Swede

When choosing weapons, prefer dual wielding. If you have a 2H weapon that is ten or more item levels above your main hand then use it.

Cookie cutter stat priorities:
    7.5% hit > 7.5% expertise > Agility > ~6000-7400 Haste > Crit > Mastery

To my knowledge this applies for both dual wield and 2H as of 5.2. The value of Haste you want is entirely dependent on personal preference and the current fight. The more proficient you are at playing Windwalker, the higher levels of Haste you can run with. However if there's a fight with a significant amount of movement you'll notice you energy cap a lot and may want to reduce the value.

Also note that the weights of your stats are particularly volatile, unlike other classes, and will vary as you gain gear. Every time you gain a new piece of gear you should get into a habit of running your character through SimulationCraft to obtain new stat weights. For example: as your Agility increases so does the value of Mastery. If you have Rune of Re-Origination you should always keep Mastery as your highest stat no matter what.

Check out the Windwalker post on Elitist Jerks, it provides a comprehensive explanation of the spec.

Deleted
    Soo how much better is the DW compared to 2h ?
    I have this "Claws of Shek'zeer" Raidfinder version http://www.wowhead.com/item=86864
    vs
    the one im using atm, also raidfinder http://www.wowhead.com/item=95647

edit: sorry reading post on EJ ty for this
    Last edited by mmocceb9dc1028; 2013-04-07 at 01:31 PM.

Dual Wield is around 5-10% ahead of 2H assuming an equal item level on weapons. Your staff is considerably better than your fist weapon though, so you'll do more damage with 2H.

can you not obtain a 2h and do your own test? i mean heaven forbid you make your own assumption. i know nothing about monks so idk if when you change from dw to 2h if any priority changes like Frost dk does but playing what you are good/GREAT at in raids is going to net a higher outcome vs what joe blow and his statistics are going to tell you what is better. no offense you are obviously not in a top end guild or you would already know this stuff. or find it on your own means without asking for it. dw go an entire week keep up with your logs then 2h and do the same. i dont understand why you want someone to tell you what to play. WW is not that high of dps anyway. Not ragin on what ur playing but if you were a afflic/dest lock mid of the pack then yea something is wrong. Try linking logs so people can pick apart what your doing to see if you are even doing it right if you really want help.

v
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    can you not obtain a 2h and do your own test? i mean heaven forbid you make your own assumption. i know nothing about monks so idk if when you change from dw to 2h if any priority changes like Frost dk does but playing what you are good/GREAT at in raids is going to net a higher outcome vs what joe blow and his statistics are going to tell you what is better. no offense you are obviously not in a top end guild or you would already know this stuff. or find it on your own means without asking for it. dw go an entire week keep up with your logs then 2h and do the same. i dont understand why you want someone to tell you what to play. WW is not that high of dps anyway. Not ragin on what ur playing but if you were a afflic/dest lock mid of the pack then yea something is wrong. Try linking logs so people can pick apart what your doing to see if you are even doing it right if you really want help.

v
    God you're an ass. You're wrong about WW not being good dps for a start, im guessing you're basing that of the fact you haven't met any but that doesn't make it true. WW sims at 3rd in T15. It's just a new class so there happen to be a few people running around not really knowing what they are doing.

And in reference to 2H vs Dual wield, rotation doesn't change really and it can be confusing, WW reforges change quite quickly even from just getting one new piece of gear I can bounce between Crit as strongest stat weight to Haste. Best advice I can give you OP is to get familiar with Simcraft and sim your character to get the best stat weights for you. Also try to give Mihirs WW guide a read through it covers when you should use 2H'er and when you should dual wield. Its when your 2H'er is ten ilvl higher than your MH weapon and your MH weapon loses 1 ilvl for every 3 ilvl your OH is lower than it. but yeh, give the WW guide a good read through.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by binary View Post
    And in reference to 2H vs Dual wield, rotation doesn't change really and it can be confusing, WW reforges change quite quickly even from just getting one new piece of gear I can bounce between Crit as strongest stat weight to Haste. Best advice I can give you OP is to get familiar with Simcraft and sim your character to get the best stat weights for you. Also try to give Mihirs WW guide a read through it covers when you should use 2H'er and when you should dual wield. Its when your 2H'er is ten ilvl higher than your MH weapon and your MH weapon loses 1 ilvl for every 3 ilvl your OH is lower than it. but yeh, give the WW guide a good read through.
    Cheers, reading the EJ post atm, gonna have a look on Mihirs guide aswell

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by binary View Post
    God you're an ass. You're wrong about WW not being good dps for a start, im guessing you're basing that of the fact you haven't met any but that doesn't make it true. WW sims at 3rd in T15. It's just a new class so there happen to be a few people running around not really knowing what they are doing.

It's fine you're defending the spec but you should really know what you are defending. WW is nowhere near 3rd on any fight in T15 until you have Heroic TF Weapon and a RoR Trinket. Before that it's as mediocre as it can possibly be. The class isn't new anymore all the theorycrafting that is needed has been done. WW is in bad shape without specific items.

Things you should get use to as WW regardless DW or 2H is the following.

1. No burst on the pull don't expect it you can't get it.
    2. Enjoy the bottom half of the DPS as long as people are in equal gear on Single target until you have obtained very specific items.
    3. Enjoy the top of the meter if you can spam RJW & SCK.
    4. Once you get use to the TeB usage you will find over the course of the fight there was two things that happen.

• You raise in DPS by default because bad players die.
    • You raise in DPS as the fight carries on because our sustained is still pretty solid still don't expect to be #1 against equally geared and skilled players.

5. The spec is a lot of fun, But fun is a very subjective term and fun doesn't always mean useful.
    6. You bring no raid utility as a Monk, sure we have LegSweep and Ring of Peace but don't bank on them securing you a spot in a raid.
    7. Haste is also very subjective, Some players like a lot some like less only you can decide what feels good no one else can.
    8. Last but not least if you are having fun being competitive and your raid is ok with you then keep having fun.
    Last edited by Requital; 2013-04-07 at 06:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    It's fine you're defending the spec but you should really know what you are defending. WW is nowhere near 3rd on any fight in T15 until you have Heroic TF Weapon and a RoR Trinket. Before that it's as mediocre as it can possibly be. The class isn't new anymore all the theorycrafting that is needed has been done. WW is in bad shape without specific items.

Things you should get use to as WW regardless DW or 2H is the following.

1. No burst on the pull don't expect it you can't get it.
    2. Enjoy the bottom half of the DPS as long as people are in equal gear on Single target until you have obtained very specific items.
    3. Enjoy the top of the meter if you can spam RJW & SCK.
    4. Once you get use to the TeB usage you will find over the course of the fight there was two things that happen.

• You raise in DPS by default because bad players die.
    • You raise in DPS as the fight carries on because our sustained is still pretty solid still don't expect to be #1 against equally geared and skilled players.

5. The spec is a lot of fun, But fun is a very subjective term and fun doesn't always mean useful.
    6. You bring no raid utility as a Monk, sure we have LegSweep and Ring of Peace but don't bank on them securing you a spot in a raid.
    7. Haste is also very subjective, Some players like a lot some like less only you can decide what feels good no one else can.
    8. Last but not least if you are having fun being competitive and your raid is ok with you then keep having fun.
    Cheers, good post I've allready figured out most of what u said, no burst "ok" substained. But ye, I'm having fun
    Tho I have a second noob question tho, since the others told me 1h is better.
    I got 2 of these http://www.wowhead.com/item=94325 (tyrannical 1h gladiators sword)
    Is 2 of them better than my pve staff?

ty for the awnsers guys, appreciate it

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintendo View Post
    Cheers, good post I've allready figured out most of what u said, no burst "ok" substained. But ye, I'm having fun
    Tho I have a second noob question tho, since the others told me 1h is better.
    I got 2 of these http://www.wowhead.com/item=94325 (tyrannical 1h gladiators sword)
    Is 2 of them better than my pve staff?

ty for the awnsers guys, appreciate it
    Jalak's Maelstrom Staff definitely better than PvP 1hr or 483 LFR gear. Only time you would use a DW setup over that 502 staff would be a 492 or above 1h pve weapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?