Question Need help with WeakAuras: Creating custom Actions

Hey!

I'm making a progress/cooldown bar for a buff.. And I would like to create an action (that it plays a sound) but I only want the sound to play when there's around 3-4 seconds left on the cooldown (instead of when the buff procs).

I'm assuming there's probably a way to code that, with the custom code box for the 'Play Sound' checkbox

Thanks in advance!

P.S. In case you're wondering why in the world I want sound at the last minute..
    There's a "trick" to preserve mana with Healing Stream Totem, by glyphing Glyph of Totemic Recall (refunding 100% of your mana when recalling your totems).. So by paying close attention to the timer, you can get the full refund by recalling HST just before the last tick.
    I find it a lot more easier to react to audio, especially since it's very easy to forget when there's a lot going on a boss etc. etc.
    Last edited by Nifra; 2013-04-07 at 01:11 PM.

Easiest way to do this would probably be to create a second weakaura.

Trigger tab -> Cooldown Progress (Spell) -> Healing Stream Totem -> Remaining Time (Check this) -> Operator ("<") -> Remaining Time -> 4.
    Then actions tab -> On Show -> Play Sound.

If you don't want a second visual indicator to come up, just make the x/y coordinates offscreen for this new aura.

Thanks for the reply,

Did as instructed, but it seems it plays the sound ~4 seconds before the totem is off cooldown (not active) instead of when it's about to expire (already active)

piefatyh must have misunderstood and gave the wrong trigger type. Unfortunately, I think to track the remaining duration on a totem you have to make a custom trigger.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

I dont have the menu in my head but instead of "Trigger tab -> Cooldown Progress (Spell) -> Healing Stream Totem -> Remaining Time (Check this) -> Operator ("<") -> Remaining Time -> 4.
    Then actions tab -> On Show -> Play Sound. "

You have to change it to:
    Trigger tab -> Totem -> Water totem -> Remaining Time (Check this) -> Operator ("<") -> Remaining Time -> 4.
    Then actions tab -> On Show -> Play Sound.

Something like that.

There's no remaining time option on the totem trigger in WeakAuras.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Ah, my apologies, I did misunderstand what you were asking for.

I don't have a Shaman to test this on myself but someone who does could get it working pretty easily using GetTotemInfo.