Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Sorry just had to respond to this because it was too good to pass up. You say it isn't an issue and yet you are complaining about it? This right here folks is what is wrong with this forum community.
    Yes, I can complain about something even if it isn't a true issue.

I know that MoP is current content and reducing xp needed would be really stupid.

But I CAN complain because I am at my 5th toon leveling it to 90.

Suck my complaining up and quit your jammering about it, nobody asked you to reply.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard should nerf the exp needed by 50%. that should make leveling easier and less tedious.

12 85s in cata, even leveled bank alt ffs
    Only 4 90s in mop so far and near zero motivation to do more yet
    The extra 90s I have are stuck behind all sorts of gates, some got burned by grinding instead of questing in the shit zones, so had to unlock GL etc which sucked extra bad. Island is even more gating.

Mists shit on alts HARD

leveled 5 90's and there's no way i would level anymore. Totally burned out on quests and pandaria.

I'm also leveling my 5th character and it starts to get really boring. I don't mind that you "Need" to spend a lot of time for leveling, but there is really no point leveling with dungeons and battlegrounds when they give so much less experience compared to questing. There is also problem with dungeons as there is just too few options. 4 different dungeons for 5 levels?
    -In tbc we had around 15 dungeons for 10 levels.
    -In wotlk we had 10 for 10 levels
    -In Cata we had 7 for 5 levels

So in every other expansion than MOP we had 1 or more dungeons per level. More variety = €€

but the main problem is still that you have only one valid way to level up if you don't want to gimp your exp/h rate. It would be awesome if they could boost up a little bg/dungeon exp.

did the same in tbc , wrath and cata. got 5 lv 85 and 3 betewen 70-80 but for mist i said to my self enough so only raised my rogue to 90. found concentrating on one toon is less crash and burn then it was in past xpack
    The difference beteween genius and stupidity... genius has its limit

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've noticed somewhat the same. I've alway been an altoholic. It peaked during cata when I had 10 85s. In cata it was pretty easy to pick a character and play it. This is not the case in MoP, atleast for me. Reputations, dailies, LFR (I like LFR, but catching up at this point is hard for me).

it's quite funny, I lvled my main and warlock in less than a week but now I can't lvl a lvl in a month lol

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    After 7x90's I gave up on my monk at lvl 64 just cant take it anymore lol. That 86-90 part is mindcrushing..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Why do you consider it tedious? Are you playing Mop like Cata? If so that is why. If you are getting bored it is because you are putting yourself on rails because you want to sacrifice fun for speedy lvling and again that is a you problem and not a game design issue.
    I didn't complain about the speed, I complained about the fact leveling is tedious.

It is tedious because you only have the following options:

1. Grind the same few dungeons over and over and over, allowing for up to an hour gap in between to actually get a group.
    2. Do the same, linear, boring, face roll quests for the umpteenth time.
    3. A mix of the above, which is the best available option, but still boring and repetitive.
    4. PVP - actually no, this isn't an option because the chance of getting into a battleground is next to nonexistent.

At least in TBC, Wotlk, Cata we had the choice to mix up the questing zones, to give ourselves a bit of variety. The current questing system is a pale shadow of the past content, without any challenge, variety or fun. Add to that when you do get to level 90, you have the exact same rep grind on all characters to get the items to get into LFR.

Also why aren't scenarios available to leveling characters, after all Blizzard did say they were the replacement for group quests.

I hear you. Leveling is brutal, hard to believe people gripe that it goes by too fast. I can barely stand getting two classes to max each expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should have bonus XP weekends or something for people that have already reached level cap on their account.

Quote Originally Posted by Korbany View Post
    Also why aren't scenarios available to leveling characters, after all Blizzard did say they were the replacement for group quests.
    This, so much this.

Seriously, they're not difficult. with a little bit of scaling, you could have them queue in with 90's too.

Deleted
    I know how you feel. I've leveled 5 characters to 90, and I have 2 more on their way. Though to be honest, I don't really mind! What I do is I aim on getting another half of the xp bar completed per night - so I don't put all of my time into that character, but I still make good progress. In about a week, I reach level 90 - no huge grinding sessions involved.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Runecapeman View Post
    Yeah I've levelled 4 level 90s now and my 5th is just a drag. Blizzard has done nothing to improve 85-90 levelling. Heirlooms to 90 would fix everything. It's not too big of an increase to XP, but it's enough to make leveling alts bearable.
    Maybe blizz, wants us to stop leveling alts, and wants to force us to just have one toon, like in the old days. When it took couple of months to lvl one character.

P.S.

No one is forcing you to lvl multi characters. That are your choices. I myself lvl'ed 4 characters, in both tbc and in wrath. But now i just can't. Just cannot.

Tried to lvl any character, except my main, and i just cannot stand it.

But i love, i hope it is the beginning of the old ways, when people mostly had one character.

Cheers,

Sew
    Last edited by mmoc582315ea92; 2013-04-07 at 05:50 PM.

That's another thing...why the hell are there only 4 dungeons to run from 85-90?? That doesn't help give a different leveling experience at all...hell it's even worse unless you're a tank, and/or healer for the fast queue only

Unless it's a heroic dungeon for once you hit level cap for gearing up for raids, or raids themselves, the whole "tank..dps..dps..dps..healer" set -up is an outdated system that doesnt cater to many people at all(mainly dps that have to wait in long ass queues to grind the very tedious boring dungeons).. I guess you could "learn" your tanking/healing job from it, but it's a pretty trivial common sense role. If you can't do it, you can't do it, no normal dungeon will prep you for the real deal that is raids..

I have 6 90's, and I just began my burnout phase. It happens to everyone. I take one month breaks a couple of times during each expansion when I get burnt out and that seems to work. Recently started playing SWTOR again and it's a nice change of pace. Probably will go back to Wow when 5.3 is released since a lot of the pvp changes aim to make it more competitive and skill oriented than ever.

Leveling is not a problem for me. I like leveling. It's the only time that gives you that old feeling of progression. In Cata I leveled up 11 toons too and I didn't felt, that leveling in MOP much more harder. More boring - may be. Only four normals - this number becames lower and lower with every xpack. Boring locations, boring quests. But not harder. Another thing burned me out in MOP: when I leveled up my first alt to 90lvl via LFD, I realized how much grind, gating and brick walls I'll have to overcome in order to get into actual content, I just given up. I'm playing this game for a long time. So I get bored by almost all kind of content. Bored for a long time ago - about 2 years ago. I might quit this game in the middle of the WotLK. And only alts have given me the second breave. And Blizzard have taken this last reason for me to play. So I'm quited this game and, I think, will never return.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

Deleted
    I'm leveling my third character and yeah, it is indeed boring. But I always think about what I'll do when I'm 90. Then I realize I will only have to do daily quests

Deleted
    dont worry on your 6th 90 it starts to grow on you. i have 12 90s not worth it since the whole endgame settings allows you to keep up with like max 3 chars in mop