1. #1
    High Overlord Crass1096's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    119

    BiS PvE for PvP again

    So it's happened again... 600 ilvl capes... they give over double the stats of the tyrannical cape..

    http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/98148-tigerfang-wrap

    It was bad enough I had to farm valor for a trinket..

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Crass1096 View Post
    So it's happened again... 600 ilvl capes... they give over double the stats of the tyrannical cape..

    http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/98148-tigerfang-wrap

    It was bad enough I had to farm valor for a trinket..
    it will only be ilvl 496 in arena/rbgs/bgs anyways.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Crass1096 View Post
    So it's happened again... 600 ilvl capes... they give over double the stats of the tyrannical cape..

    http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/98148-tigerfang-wrap

    It was bad enough I had to farm valor for a trinket..
    That almost has to be a programming error. That's 59 ilvls ahead of current Heroic Thunderforged gear.

    3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

  4. #4
    Fluffy Kitten Ultima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    3,195
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjelpen View Post
    it will only be ilvl 496 in arena/rbgs/bgs anyways.
    Well, this was brief.
    I heal in the Arena
    Retired Moderator - Priest and PvP
    You can follow me @UltimaMMO_C

  5. #5
    Stood in the Fire RyokuchaMidori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    382
    I don't see why people get so mad over that fact that a pve trinket might be good in pvp, or better than the pvp trinket.
    If you don't have time to farm it,you just play without it, if you simply don't want to do any pve content then just don't. Yes the other team might have then a better trinket that yours, just get over it already.
    If you're really into pvp, then you'll get the trinket no matter what, it's called farming/grinding, it's boring indeed but it's still a big part of wow.
    "Skill, as the world of warcraft goes, is only in question between equals in pvp power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

    Thucydides : " The Melian dialogue".

  6. #6
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,951
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    That almost has to be a programming error. That's 59 ilvls ahead of current Heroic Thunderforged gear.
    Probably not. It IS nearing the end of the Legendary questline.

    OT: As was said, 5.3 comes with the item level scaling in PvP. Won't beat tyrannical because it will have tyrannical itemization without pvp power on it.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-07 at 12:09 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by RyokuchaMidori View Post
    I don't see why people get so mad over that fact that a pve trinket might be good in pvp, or better than the pvp trinket.
    If you don't have time to farm it,you just play without it, if you simply don't want to do any pve content then just don't. Yes the other team might have then a better trinket that yours, just get over it already.
    If you're really into pvp, then you'll get the trinket no matter what, it's called farming/grinding, it's boring indeed but it's still a big part of wow.
    Get over it?

    The nature of PvP is supposed to be competition, not "this guy raids heroic ToT and thus has a trinket that doubles his strength on proc" or w/e. I don't know how in any world that would ever be okay. Honestly.

    No. If you're really into PvP you are going to despise the fact that PvE tryhards can come in with heroic PvE pieces gemmed for resil and crush your face by sheer damage.

  7. #7
    my friend keeps saying "aslong as it has PvP power it is always better" i been doubting that since i loose alot of agi and stamina when switching out my PvE gear =P
    but PvP power is better then everything so i choose to trust him =P

    and no that cloak is not a programming bug its from the legendary quest chain so it is supposed to be awsome

    My MaL http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Draknalor For The Glory Of Ecchi

  8. #8
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Dundee, Scotland
    Posts
    2,570
    As people have said, in arenas and bg's it will be scaled to 496 ilvl which will make it inferior to the PvP items. PvP power is not part of an items budget meaning a 496 pvp item has the exact same stats as a 496 PvE one, except it will also have PvP power, making it better.

  9. #9
    Still cant believe Blizz is just sacrificing World PVP to their new "strategy"... How many times did they mention they were bringing back the War in Warcraft.. and now they totally kill World PVP. Nice going.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by DenniZ View Post
    Still cant believe Blizz is just sacrificing World PVP to their new "strategy"... How many times did they mention they were bringing back the War in Warcraft.. and now they totally kill World PVP. Nice going.
    Nope they are not killing world pvp they are just giving pve gear a fair chance in it.
    (And heroic pve gear a slight edge depending on how strong pvp power vs main stat is for your class).

    I actually like that.

    Running around in PvP gear constantly (questing or doing something else) was very annoying to me because mobs died oh so very slowly.
    But you had to do it since if you did not you basically had to fold over to every little chump in honor gear.

    If you cannot handle world pvp now that pvp gear isn't OP as hell anymore go play BGs and Arena on a PvE realm maybe.
    Last edited by gend; 2013-04-08 at 06:56 AM.

  11. #11
    High Overlord Crass1096's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    my friend keeps saying "aslong as it has PvP power it is always better" i been doubting that since i loose alot of agi and stamina when switching out my PvE gear =P
    but PvP power is better then everything so i choose to trust him =P

    and no that cloak is not a programming bug its from the legendary quest chain so it is supposed to be awsome
    PvP power is not better than everything at all.. why do you think most people are going for resi gemming?

  12. #12
    I don't think PvE gear should belong to any rated PvP. Don't want another vial+legend dagger rogue. I also agree that i don't think it'll be 600 iLev, sounds too high diffrence from current PvE gear.

    Btw, why does your sig say Outland when you're on Ghostlands Crass?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Get over it?

    The nature of PvP is supposed to be competition, not "this guy raids heroic ToT and thus has a trinket that doubles his strength on proc" or w/e. I don't know how in any world that would ever be okay. Honestly.

    No. If you're really into PvP you are going to despise the fact that PvE tryhards can come in with heroic PvE pieces gemmed for resil and crush your face by sheer damage.

    Then what do you PVP try hards do? Pick on the lesser geared folk. If you were really into PVP, you should be despising that geared folk can pick on lesser geared ones.

    Get over it and yourself. If PVP was ever truly going to be balanced, you would have to normalize all stats, spell coefficients, basically something along the lines of "challenge mode" dungeons, where health, stats and everything is normalized. Don't tell me it isn't possible, if Blizzard can do it for PVE content they can for PVP. They have already done something similar in PVP with players getting boosted to the highest levels in battlegrounds. However, you only get a health and mana boost. They should also boost the stats and damage so its equal across the board.

    This way skill plays a large part. Then you can come back and talk about PVE scrubs taking over PVP or being forced to grind PVE gear to PVP.
    Last edited by Ebonheart; 2013-04-08 at 11:38 PM.

  14. #14
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,959
    I like these changes. First it keeps arena balanced, which I care about the most.

    Secondly I can don't have to run around in my full PvP gear when doing quests in the world. It's incredibly obnoxious to get jumped by chump stains in PvP gear when doing things in the world, while all you have is full PvE gear. You can be a way better player than they are, but them taking way less damage and doing similar/more damage to you usually tips the scales. Note I have full PvP gear but having to wear it all over the world makes things so much slower, just for the risk that you will get jumped.

    Now in the world I can wear full PvE gear and probably just the PvP trinket. I can continue doing the small PvE tasks in superior PvE gear and trounce on bad players who think they can take the opportunity to jump somebody in PvE gear.

  15. #15
    So you don´t like to get killed by players in PvP gear while you are doing quests in PvE gear. And you wear PvE gear, because questing takes too long in PvP gear. Hmmm, you´re right, but I think this led you to the wrong conclusion.

    What about a PvE dmg upgrade for PvP gear then? We are flagged for PvP on PvP realms in most questing zones. PvP gear should at least not be completely useless there. Quests on the Isle of Thunder are reasonably easier in a group when in PvP gear. Ofcourse most PvP interaction is not really challenging that way, because players in PvE gear do it on their own. A lonely PvP char? Easy prey.

  16. #16
    I dont see how people know that 600 cape is coming out, but they dont know there will be 496 ilvl cap in all zoned pvp? If you play wow for world pvp then there is something wrong with you. Anyway I would just post that there will be 496 cap, and close the topic. This cape will be part of legendary quest chain and probably with new raid.

    READ NOTES BEFORE POSTING WHINING TOPICS.

  17. #17
    The Patient Dungeonravor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    214
    Just love how PVP players always whine about PVE aspects of the game like gear etc. or questing.

    Doesn't it make sence that an PVE player does more Damage during questing seeing that is more or less and PVE environment.

    This consistant whining also happend with the Heroic Elite gear ah its better then PVP items. To be honest most of the PVPers havent even killed an Heroic Raid Boss let alone an Heroic Elite Fight.

    And as for cloak you still have to do the pre-quest which constains of grinding PVE raids.

    Conclusion: Stop whining or go get the cloak yourself its not like PVEers will own next patch cause of that cloak -.- and cause of Res. normalization. Keep in mind you will get a heck of allot more PVP Power on gear to compensate for that.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-09 at 12:41 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    That almost has to be a programming error. That's 59 ilvls ahead of current Heroic Thunderforged gear.
    It ain't seeing this cloak has to be still viable in the last raid of this expansion. Which will have around that ilvl gear.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-09 at 12:43 PM ----------

    Hmm Seems I doable posted the same part -.- /fail

  18. #18
    Mechagnome Jaja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    680
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Get over it?

    The nature of PvP is supposed to be competition, not "this guy raids heroic ToT and thus has a trinket that doubles his strength on proc" or w/e. I don't know how in any world that would ever be okay. Honestly.

    No. If you're really into PvP you are going to despise the fact that PvE tryhards can come in with heroic PvE pieces gemmed for resil and crush your face by sheer damage.
    Exactly it is a competition and if he is raiding ToT heroic to increase his chances then that is his choice, if you don't then that is yours. QQ moar

  19. #19
    The Patient Dungeonravor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaja View Post
    Exactly it is a competition and if he is raiding ToT heroic to increase his chances then that is his choice, if you don't then that is yours. QQ moar
    Agreed, takes a hell of allot of time to progress on an Heroic Fight (Depending on your guild) and then also your item(s) have to drop + you have to get them.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Dungeonravor View Post
    Just love how PVP players always whine about PVE aspects of the game like gear etc. or questing.

    Doesn't it make sence that an PVE player does more Damage during questing seeing that is more or less and PVE environment.

    This consistant whining also happend with the Heroic Elite gear ah its better then PVP items. To be honest most of the PVPers havent even killed an Heroic Raid Boss let alone an Heroic Elite Fight.
    I'm not sure I understand your point right, but you're basically saying PvE gear should be better because PvPers don't raid? What if I said that PvP gear should be better because raiders don't do Arena? It's a ridiculous statement. PvP gear should be best for PvP, and PvE gear should be best for PvE.


    Anyway, this thread is spreading false information. The item level will be normalised down to 496 (or whatever the cap is when this cape is obtainable) in instanced PvP. If you want to discuss it's effect on WPvP, there's a thread already open - but Blizzard has already stated that WPvP is just collateral damage in their eyes.
    Last edited by Snuggli; 2013-04-09 at 12:54 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •