Getting a new system, some help?

Updating my desktop from a behemoth from 2008. Anyways, what would be a good system to run WoW on very high (Price really isn't a huge issue) I've heard from other gamers to avoid Alienware, but what do you think? Thanks for the input

EDIT: (Since I suck )

Budget: Realistically 600-1200
    Resolution: 1366 x 768
    Games- Wow, Minecraft, Bioshock, ect
    I recorded games quite a bit, so that's a big thing for me.
    Country- USA
    No parts can be reused, as its a crappy laptop
    Windows OS preferably
    Need monitor, mouse, and keyboard.
    Last edited by Garots; 2013-04-07 at 06:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

Deleted
    Include the following information when posting a request.

Budget
    Resolution
    Games / Settings Desired
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc)
    Country
    Parts that can be reused
    Do you need an OS?
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)?

Ideally include a list of parts, we see the same request almost every day. There are other topics that have parts lists that you can copy and modify.

if you could answer this/edit it in your 1st post we actually got something to work with. (also pre-built mandatory?)

I actually have a question: I live in the US, and I was wondering if the gaming 820 pre-built system could run WoW on fairly high, and record HD video (fraps) without much interference. Other than that, this system is starting from scratch.
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garots View Post
    I actually have a question: I live in the US, and I was wondering if the gaming 820 pre-built system could run WoW on fairly high, and record HD video (fraps) without much interference. Other than that, this system is starting from scratch.
    can run wow on ultra if you overclock the cpu with fps being around 50.
    frapsing hd takes quite some performance hit maybe you can manage it at high but without an additional hdd it won't work decent.

Are you near a MicroCenter (even if it's a half hour to potentially hour away and have reliable travel)?

If you are near a MicroCenter:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($32.99 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($104.99 @ Amazon)
    Memory: Crucial Ballistix sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($51.20 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Storage: Samsung 840 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($94.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB Video Card ($209.99 @ Microcenter)
    Case: MSI TC- (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($4.99 @ Microcenter)
    Power Supply: Corsair CX 430W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($44.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($15.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Monitor: Acer G215HVBbd 60Hz 21.5" Monitor ($109.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1020.06
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-04-07 15:48 EDT-0400)

Note, the MB will be cheaper in price to get. I would also pick up a Video Capture card, like one from Haupauge, for around $50. I also left off the keyboard and mouse as you should be able to get that at MicroCenter (if you're near one) and can look at the ones in stock to get a better idea of what would work best for you.
    Last edited by Tahapenes; 2013-04-07 at 07:50 PM.

Thanks for the info guys! It's helped a ton.
    Best of 5 years!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a little side note to that if you can find a 7870xt consider that over the hd7870, my rig cost me 1300 including $150 shipping (I live in Australia) and i'm able to max all those listed titles and record with fraps at 1080p @30fps (haven't tested frapsing 25m footage but can do give that a test run for you if you would like). The biggest thing with recording with fraps is make sure the drive you are recording to isn't the same drive your loading the game from (personally I have a 1tb drive purely for fraps footage).

Rig is in my signature, any further questions just shoot them (have had the overclock on mine stable to 4.5ghz but dropped it back to 4.2 seeing I don't really need the extra power 90% of the time and on the few occasions when I do its easy enough to reboot and boost the oc).
    Personal rig:
    • i5-3570k (4.2ghz) || CM hyper 212 evo || Asrock extreme 4 || Corsair (2 x 4gb 1600mhz) ram
    • Samsung 840 (120gb) || WD blue 1tb || WD green 1tb
    • Powercolor 7870xt || Silverstone strider 500w ||NZXT source 210