Deleted

How does Age Of Conan compare with more "modern" mmo's?

I'm currently playing Tera and loving it, although I'm at that levelling stage (46) where it starts to get a little bit tedious, but I know it'll be great again in a few more levels. My first mmo love is Rift, love that game sooo much, but Trion messing around with class's to much made me quit.

I have heard about Conan mmo, but never gave it much thought.
    How does it hold up in 2013? Graphic wise as well as if it has passed it's sell by date.
    Is it a constant grind?
    What is level cap?
    What mmo would you say it is most like, to compare with?
    Is there dungeons and raids?
    What is "end game" content like?
    How is f2p compared to p2p?
    Do you have class's such as tank, dps etc?
    How does the guild system work? Do you level it up and get perks like rift?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out.

Graphic wise (if you have a good computer) it still holds up incredibly well.
    It has a quest level grind similar to most EQ/WoW models of games.
    It is very similar in nature to EQ2/WoW/Lotro/Swtor style of games
    Lots of dungeons and raids. Actually they have some great encounters, some of the best in the industry. I'd say very underrated in that aspect.
    Typical mmo end game, dungeons, raids, pvp.
    Their F2P model has relaxed quite a bit. If you do enjoy the game I'd highly encourage to sub though as you'll get more out of it.
    yes, it is a trinity model

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Lots of dungeons and raids. Actually they have some great encounters, some of the best in the industry. I'd say very underrated in that aspect.
    I've got to echo this. If there's one thing Funcom does well, it's dungeons and encounters in general.

Deleted
    Thanks Doozer, downloading it now. Is there plenty of different armours etc? I hope so.

Does anyone know best class for tank?

there isn't a lot of diversity in low level or leveling armor in general. It is a realistic setting so just be warned that armor design reflects that.

For tanks you have Guardians and Dark Templars. Personally I enjoy Dark Templars more but Guardians are more straight forward and probably a better choice for brand new players.

Deleted
    What do you man by "realistic setting" for armour? You can't look cool?

meaning that you aren't going to get the fantastical armor look of games such as Aion and WoW. The armor looks like it actually could be armor.

If you have not tried Star Wars the old republic you should give it a shot also since it's F2P ...just for the leveling experience alone ....fantastic in that regard

Deleted
    Thanks, will definitely give it a shot. It's busy downloading the game 19.5gb!! At some point does it let you start playing without downloading all of that? Rift lets you do this, but can't even see a "play" option on installer... Yest.

I don't think they have a streaming play option. Yeah it's a big download.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite Peon View Post
    If you have not tried Star Wars the old republic you should give it a shot also since it's F2P ...just for the leveling experience alone ....fantastic in that regard
    Thanks, I'm more of a fantasy gamer myself but do like Star Wars. Do they have class's such as tanks etc though? Might try it

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis12 View Post
    I'm currently playing Tera and loving it, although I'm at that levelling stage (46) where it starts to get a little bit tedious, but I know it'll be great again in a few more levels. My first mmo love is Rift, love that game sooo much, but Trion messing around with class's to much made me quit.

I have heard about Conan mmo, but never gave it much thought.
    How does it hold up in 2013? Graphic wise as well as if it has passed it's sell by date.
    Is it a constant grind?
    What is level cap?
    What mmo would you say it is most like, to compare with?
    Is there dungeons and raids?
    What is "end game" content like?
    How is f2p compared to p2p?
    Do you have class's such as tank, dps etc?
    How does the guild system work? Do you level it up and get perks like rift?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out.
    AoC is really underrated for what it is, the game is really good it just has a terrible reputation cause it released too soon, if they waited 8 months or so things would have been vastly different, if you like realistic stuff and combat that you can control yourself you will love the game.

SWToR is WoW with lightsabers literally, if you like WoW and Star Wars you will like it also but dont expect anything new or different, AoC combat is completely different which will be something new for you probably, or well kinda like Tera i would say but a bit more realsitic and less korean animations ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis12 View Post
    Thanks, I'm more of a fantasy gamer myself but do like Star Wars. Do they have class's such as tanks etc though? Might try it
    Yes they have tanks and such and healers ..and raids and all that ...maybe watch a basics guide on youtube to get an idea about the game before you bother to download it would be what I suggest .

---------- Post added 2013-04-07 at 07:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    SWToR is WoW with lightsabers literally, if you like WoW and Star Wars you will like it also but dont expect anything new or different, AoC combat is completely different which will be something new for you probably, or well kinda like Tera i would say but a bit more realsitic and less korean animations ;D
    Your so very wrong . Swtor has a very personal story that unfolds as you level . The choices you make as you level change the story and change the way people react to you and treat you and nothing you do in wow changes your experience or story . Swtor is also much more difficult then wow ...you can go from 1-90 in wow and never die ...thats not gonna happen in swtor its a challenging game . I play both games and while yes some of the basics are the same they are very different games ...if you mean swtor has standard MMO things like a trinity based raiding and the MMO standard interface with mini map and such then yes ...otherwise they are very different games .

I actually quit World of Warcraft for Age of Conan. Leveled to 80, but once I hit level 80 my guild mates quit the game and my server became baron. So I stopped playing.

What made a lot of people made in AoC is that the starting area is fantastic, but everything else after that is incredibly boring.

Let's keep the SWTOR discussion to a minimum. We have a SWTOR subforum that OP can visit for info on that game if he chooses to.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    What made a lot of people made in AoC is that the starting area is fantastic, but everything else after that is incredibly boring.
    Heh, I actually enjoyed the areas after the starting area a lot more.