Deleted

Is it possible ?

Is it possible to make a macro that would do what shadowdance does ?

Some sort of reset timer added ?

You might have to be slightly more specific on what you want. But I can tell one thing for sure, a macro can't allow you to cast abilities that rely on stealth without actually being in stealth (other than being a macro that casts Shadow Dance).

Deleted
    I gave shadowdance as an example. I actually want this for another class ... it doesn't really matter what class.

I basically want a macro that swaps my action bar with another one and then swaps it back automatically after a set time. Is it possible ? If not macro ... maybe an addon ?

Deleted
    /swapactionbar rowA rowB

this changes your actionbar between row A and row B, however adding a time element to it is beyond me

Deleted
    I'm gonna stress the "set time" part. )

You could try http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/slash-in , and do /in X /swapactionbar rowA rowB , but it could very well be blocked from being delayed. You'll know pretty quickly if it is.

Aside from that I can't really think of anything.

Actionbars are accesible by pressing shit+1, ... shift+6, i dont see a reason to further automate this one click.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    You might have to be slightly more specific on what you want. But I can tell one thing for sure, a macro can't allow you to cast abilities that rely on stealth without actually being in stealth (other than being a macro that casts Shadow Dance).
    ^ This, but including the /cast Shadowdance will make it so it will always try to cast whenever you press the macro, easy to forget when other abilities are in there as well

Quote Originally Posted by RevengeanceTrue View Post
    Is it possible to make a macro that would do what shadowdance does ?

Some sort of reset timer added ?
    Timers with Attached automatic use of an action is considered boting and is a banable offence. I recommend not to look for one.
    Its the same as the commonly used chat spam bots (which guilds use to announce guild LFM automatically) that's banable.
    What your looking for is no different from Fishing and Farming bots.

The closest you can get is an action bar switch macro
    or attached the action bar switch into a skill, which is formerly used by hunters before they took out the aspect. I use that to prevent aspect spamming when switching aspects. Sadly, I deleted the action bar switching in my macro since we only use one aspect in mop.
    Last edited by Tomia; 2013-04-09 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomia View Post
    Timers with Attached automatic use of an action is considered boting and is a banable offence. I recommend not to look for one.
    Its the same as the commonly used chat spam bots (which guilds use to announce guild LFM automatically) that's banable.
    What your looking for is no different from Fishing and Farming bots.
    This is not true. Chat spam addons are perfectly fine if you don't exceed the messages/time that Blizzard finds acceptable (which I believe is auto-throttled nowadays anyway). And of course, it depends on the content of your spam message. If you're spamming gold selling ads, well.... duh. If Blizzard wanted to prevent the addons that automate chat messages, they would do so. Fishing and farming bots are leagues different from a chat spam addon, not even close to the same thing.

Time delay macros to delay chat messages are perfectly fine as well, such as:

/cast Icebound Fortitude
    /in 12 /y Icebound Fortitude down!

Anyway, TL;DR, it comes down to whether you are breaking the ToS about spam, there's nothing against automated chat messages.

Could you please specify what you need it for?

Anyway, the only reasonable way is to bind /changeactionbar 2 to the ability that should trigger it (like shadow dance) and have another ability bound with /changeactionbar 1 that you cast to get out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    This is not true. Chat spam addons are perfectly fine if you don't exceed the messages/time that Blizzard finds acceptable (which I believe is auto-throttled nowadays anyway). And of course, it depends on the content of your spam message. If you're spamming gold selling ads, well.... duh. If Blizzard wanted to prevent the addons that automate chat messages, they would do so. Fishing and farming bots are leagues different from a chat spam addon, not even close to the same thing.

Time delay macros to delay chat messages are perfectly fine as well, such as:

/cast Icebound Fortitude
    /in 12 /y Icebound Fortitude down!

Anyway, TL;DR, it comes down to whether you are breaking the ToS about spam, there's nothing against automated chat messages.
    Time delay macro is synonymous to lag macro, its illegal and not meant in game. Blizzard has been removing such macro since it has 1st been exploited on PVP, giving people a controlled blink spam no matter what class you choose. Chat bot is also illegal, when proven guilty is banable.

---------- Post added 2013-05-06 at 03:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sshika View Post
    Could you please specify what you need it for?

Anyway, the only reasonable way is to bind /changeactionbar 2 to the ability that should trigger it (like shadow dance) and have another ability bound with /changeactionbar 1 that you cast to get out of it.
    Change action bar macro is using a different bar from invisibility. In shadow dance, all you need is to drag the macro or skill in its own action bar because it has its own bar. If your asking for "how to use change action bar" then its simple, there should be a skill or macro on the other bar once it changed. The only skill you can use before the bar change are instant cast.

Example:
    /changeactionbar 1
    /cast Serpent Sting

On shadowdance, you don't need change action bar macro. You drag the same macro into 3 bars on the same spot.
    (Shadow dance bar, Normal bar, Stealth bar)
    Example:
    /castsequence reset=target/20 Premeditation,Cheapshot,Expose Armor,Rupture,Shadowdance,Ambush,Ambush,Cheap Shot,Ambush,Ambush
    /cast [nostance:1]Stealth

All you need is to spam the macro, I had mine on number 4, so I'm spamming 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4...and so on till the macro is done. As long as the same macro is on all the bars and in number 4.
    Last edited by Tomia; 2013-05-06 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomia View Post
    Time delay macro is synonymous to lag macro, its illegal and not meant in game. Blizzard has been removing such macro since it has 1st been exploited on PVP, giving people a controlled blink spam no matter what class you choose. Chat bot is also illegal, when proven guilty is banable.
    Incorrect, I was specifically talking about time delaying CHAT. You can only time delay things blizzard allows. If they didn't want to allow it, they wouldn't let you do it. You cannot time delay spells, that is obvious, and a macro would not allow you to do it. Macros allow you to do it with chat, and they haven't been removing such macros, because guess what - they still exist.

Chat bots are addons within the game (not external programs) that operate within the API blizzard provides, just as all other addons do. They are not bannable unless you use them to violate the ToS regarding spam.

If it can be achieved through addons/macros in-game then it is deemed acceptable.
    You cannot do that with spellcasting, but you can with text or other visual/audible indicators that do not make your character perform certain actions.
    Except for rare cases where blizzard provided functionality to do something unintended then if its done entirely in-game, then anything goes.