New MW mastery idea

Not that I ever think it would be implemented , but just thought I would see what you guys say about this idea I got.

So instead of our mastery beeing the chance to summon a sphere next to a target beeing healed. What would you guys think of a mastery that converts overhealing into a hot ? but said mastery hot can not trigget the mastery itself.

In other words, let's say that the mastery turns 20% of your overhealing into a hot for X amount of seconds, 6 for instance.

Healing a target for 100k. 50k is actual healing and 50k is overhealing. You then get 10k healing over 6 sec as a hot on the target. If then this hot is 100% overhealing, it will be a waste as I don't think it should trigger the mastery, due to obvious reasons.

Keep in mind that I have not exactly thought through exact values, but I just wanted to share the concept and see what you guys think. Would give us a reason to maybe heal some full healtehd target or pre "mastery" people before inc aoe dmg or something.
    Nowish <Envy> Washed up, classic hero - Feral + War dps/tank PoV-> http://sv.twitch.tv/viss3

well basically I would be glad for any sort of mastery revamp,
    but I don't know if this specific incarnation would be much of an improvement.
    Our overhealing is the highest when there's not much to heal. (rems running without effect etc) so that mastery would seem to increase our healing when not that necessary, and during high dmg it wouldn't help that much. While tankhealing it could be somewhat usefull, but otherwise probably not really.

no offence, but have heard better ideas on similar threads here :-)

None taken. It would maybe be better if it worked abit like the living seed thing that druids have. maybe 5% of the over healing as a cocoon which lasts for 30 sec or something up to a maximum of like 20k or something like that and increasing the cap the more mastery u have? Either it beeing an absorb or it beeing healing that u get once u take dmg? Abit like the disc mastery but with the absorb or w/e coming from from overhealing rather than crit?

I just feel that we can't really do much when low dmg is going on to build up for when dmg is inc except for using ReM on cd

Druids can prehot
    Pallies can get some absorb going with their mastery
    Priests can stack sprit shell or their mastery
    Shamans can get people the extra health from their healing

Just feels like monks lack in that department.
    Last edited by nowish; 2013-04-07 at 07:53 PM.
    Nowish <Envy> Washed up, classic hero - Feral + War dps/tank PoV-> http://sv.twitch.tv/viss3

okey, sounds like a weird combination of pala mastery, disc shields and druids living seed ^^
    could work out if you let it stack up, and activate as a little 6sec hot as soon as the player takes damage. (making it now also include priests mastery xD)

but I doubt that I would like to have a stat that is completely dedicated to such a unintuitive and uncontrollable indirect healing increase.

Haha, well ... it's pretty uncontrollable atm tho as it is >.< I donno , Im just brainstorming

Quote Originally Posted by nowish View Post
    Haha, well ... it's pretty uncontrollable atm tho as it is >.<
    yeah thats a problem, and don't really want a replacement with similar concern :-)
    it's fun brainstorming about new mastery/spell ideas! bit it's hard to come up with something completly new, is of good design, doesn't produce scaling issues etc...