Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
    Wasn't using one of those tigers.

@Fisy. No other class can do that amount of burst, especially with readiness. BW has a pretty short cooldown. I think we killed a druid from 100% to 0 in the same time it took my deathgrip to grip him to me. (He started at 100%)
    Of-course no other class can do that amount of burst because no other class has has that pve trinket or maybe no other class has tested their alternate version of this pve trinket. Without those two proc he cant do it.

the question is why are you letting a powershot get off
    It's not the great who are strong...
    It's the strong who are great...

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Vamp View Post
    the question is why are you letting a powershot get off
    Thats not the question, read the title of the forum, watch the video. Sure, it requires some setting up, and sure theres ways out of this, But seriously if you do this with a cb you lose a chunk of health. Top arena teams also make mistakes all the time, but do you honestly think 1 stupid mistake should be punishable by death? This dmg is ridiculous thats all there is to it, wether or not it is avoidable is moot.

Quote Originally Posted by impfernal View Post
    Thats not the question, read the title of the forum, watch the video. Sure, it requires some setting up, and sure theres ways out of this, But seriously if you do this with a cb you lose a chunk of health. Top arena teams also make mistakes all the time, but do you honestly think 1 stupid mistake should be punishable by death? This dmg is ridiculous thats all there is to it, wether or not it is avoidable is moot.
    Let a lock chaos bolt anyone with pve proc trinket and pvp proc trinket. Things will explode and die. Please, it is the trinket problem and not as much the powershot, you yourself need to re-watch the video and see what is happening

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    You know, I am by now adamant that you are either playing WITH a hunter or are a hunter yourself.
    Was your first clue to me being a hunter my picture of a DK? I like how now that I've called you on your rating you've completely dropped the subject and accused me of attacking you when all I did was defend myself as aggressively as you did.

Impfernal - How else would you suggest people should be punished for making numerous mistakes in one match?

Quote Originally Posted by fisayoolat View Post
    Of-course no other class can do that amount of burst because no other class has has that pve trinket or maybe no other class has tested their alternate version of this pve trinket. Without those two proc he cant do it.
    I hope they nerf the PvE trinkets soon, so hunters can stop pretending that it's the PvE trinkets that make their damage over the top. It's not just those trinkets, hunter damage in general is simply over the top and needs to be toned down, given the ease of actually getting that damage off compared to every other class in the game.

A bunch of buffs, any class that has strong hitting abilities can do this tbh.
    And since you were asking why a PET - it's BM Hunter, aka your pet does the damage. All the big numbers the hunter could do is Barrage or Glaive toss (I think?) Blink strike does, what, 640% of normal damage, and trust me, BM Hunter's pet normal damage is strong. I would not be surprised if you dropped low fast from a Blink Strike and Kill Command during Arcane spam. :P Survive the burst and everything the Hunter could do is cobra-arcane-cobra-kill command without buffs, and then it's quite weak, same with Blink Strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    A bunch of buffs, any class that has strong hitting abilities can do this tbh.
    And since you were asking why a PET - it's BM Hunter, aka your pet does the damage. All the big numbers the hunter could do is Barrage or Glaive toss (I think?) Blink strike does, what, 640% of normal damage, and trust me, BM Hunter's pet normal damage is strong. I would not be surprised if you dropped low fast from a Blink Strike and Kill Command during Arcane spam. :P Survive the burst and everything the Hunter could do is cobra-arcane-cobra-kill command without buffs, and then it's quite weak, same with Blink Strike.
    Yes, but ideally some of that damage should be shifted into their non-cd rotation. Because being able to land 300k+ within one single GCD is not ok anywhere in arena, for any class. Just like the 200k eviscerate I got by earlier today from a rogue isn't really an ok ammount of damage either.

Let a lock chaos bolt anyone with pve proc trinket and pvp proc trinket. Things will explode and die. Please, it is the trinket problem and not as much the powershot, you yourself need to re-watch the video and see what is happening
    Powershot deals weapon damage and chaos bolt is spell damage, powershot is not spell interruptbale or silenceable, powershot does not require recources to cast ( it is on a 1 minc cd). I havent gotten cb crits of in excess of 300k on full resi targets. Or are you making the classic mistake of not accounting for your pets damage.

But yeah it's a trinket problem, but the whole readines powershot double detterrence thing is stupid aswell. And i havent yet seen a monk do this dmg in a global nor a rogue. Or are you denying someone is being globalled?

I got one from a mate who was doing arena vs a hunter with the shado pan trinket. Some of the most broken damage I've ever seen.

00:46:17> Easymodé-Stormscale [Powershot] hit You 86902 Physical.
    00:46:17> Xvision-Stormscale [Auto Shot] hit You 8412 Physical.
    00:46:17> Shale Spider [Melee] hit You 11186 Physical. (Critical)
    00:46:17> SHUGITSBM [Blink Strike] hit You 87390 Physical. (Critical)

Hope this trinket is fixed soon.

The losing team in the video was almost won. The hunters pet at one point was at like 15 percent hp.

But hunters are balanced by their deadzone and lack of survivability cooldown. Oh wait..........

And people complain about Chaos Bolt...
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    Okay.

Shadopan Trinket + PvP Proc Trinket + Hunter 2 set + Orc Racial + Bestial Wrath (Pet) + DK Debuff + DK Horn of Winter

(Procs add up to: +12754 Agility, +3200 AP, +3200 PvP Power, +20% Pet DMG, +4% damage taken (debuff) and +10% all AP)

All of this, onto a clothie, with Agi/PvP Power gems and t2 upgraded weapon - is the reason he and his pet hit you so hard. He is literally playing the ideal comp with perfect gear and the perfect race to have the biggest powershot / blink strike crits in game. It's so all-in it's ridiculous.

Edit: And he's reforged nearly full Mastery for extra pet damage (i imagine he has Blessing of Might too). Really lucky both crit.
    You forgot about the pet. They brought his pet down below 35% hp so that's a another 50% damage from pet thanks to Cornered.

Quote Originally Posted by Tóny View Post
    You forgot about the pet. They brought his pet down below 35% hp so that's a another 50% damage from pet thanks to Cornered.
    Is this some bug?

Quote Originally Posted by Cnn View Post
    Is this some bug?
    Not a bug, just a passive ability that hunter pets get if they are specced as Cunning (PvP oriented spec).

http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=53497

Agreed....

Pandaren Monk
    I actually agree with the people saying to CC him. This hunter in question BUILT HIS GEAR TO ONE SHOT YOU, AND YOU LET HIM DO IT. Did you not realize that he was taking a lot of damage? As was said earlier, he should be taking ~18% extra damage. Also. If he is channeling powershot, all you need to do is PoM Sheep him (he has to BW before his cast or it will do less damage), or deep him, or DK grip, or asphyxiate, or fear, or Pain Sup or life grip to break LoS... the list goes on (Didn't even say ice block, which was all on you.)

He has no CC trinket and had already popped Big and Red. Then you stood there looking at his 2.5 second cast like "Oh let me tank this in my dress, without Ice Barrier up!"

Quote Originally Posted by walled56 View Post
    Agreed....
    How many times, a fucking spell for a class that requires resources and is interruptable by every, yes every class in game is not the same as a 300k+ hit in a global that cannot be spellinterrupted or silenced and can be shot twice in 6 seconds. Get over it............

This damage is stupid, I know I am biased cause i play wlock and sp in arena but no amount of anything makes hunter dmg remotely ok. I heard someone say that he hopes the pve trinkets get nerfed soon so hunters cant hide behind use of these to explain their damage. Also the whole amount of gap closers, openers and insta cc plus on demand burst that can be reset on demand is shite.

On ptr powershot reliability is going to get nerfed lets hope it makes it to live.

Pandaren Monk
    Quote Originally Posted by impfernal View Post
    How many times, a fucking spell for a class that requires resources and is interruptable by every, yes every class in game is not the same as a 300k+ hit in a global that cannot be spellinterrupted or silenced and can be shot twice in 6 seconds. Get over it............

This damage is stupid, I know I am biased cause i play wlock and sp in arena but no amount of anything makes hunter dmg remotely ok. I heard someone say that he hopes the pve trinkets get nerfed soon so hunters cant hide behind use of these to explain their damage. Also the whole amount of gap closers, openers and insta cc plus on demand burst that can be reset on demand is shite.

On ptr powershot reliability is going to get nerfed lets hope it makes it to live.
    Definitely not interruptable by every class. For instance, a mage or hunter or another lock can only silence you every 24 seconds. It also doesn't hit ANYWHERE near 300k. At all. In this clip, Power Shot didn't even solo kill the mage that was at 70-80%. He was able to blink strike afterwards, which is what helped kill the mage. And Powershot is almost as interruptable, anyway. Disarms, stuns, cc's all break the cast. If Rapid Fire isn't up, the cast time is atrocious. LoS him.

You're all complaining about the wrong things. How about the 9k main stat proc trinket that he used?