Poll: I can't let GC get away with that last blue post! Did you enjoy ToC? Favorite bosses?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    ToC was what Killed WoW for me for a few Years I played I played til the end of Wrath and then quit because ToC made me hate the new raiding design and Philosophy, and when it seemed to carry over into Cata I refused to come back.. Now that Raiding is back to what it should be in MoP I returned, and I am having a Blast... if they do another ToC I'm done again. This time for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Where is he getting this data? Well maybe he is getting it from the countless complaints on the forums and throughout the community that was only saying how much ToC sucks. Everyone hated this thing.
    Yeah, pretty much this. I didn't mind ToGC...though I didn't run it 4 times a week like most complainers did (or say they did), nor did I farm it for months on end for trinkets.

But yeah, very few go to the forums to say "we love something" other then to compare something they hate to something in the past that they loved. It didn't help that Ulduar had a shortened life to bring us ToGC, when it was more well received.

This thread's poll shows 51% disliked it, which I wouldn't doubt is pretty accurate. I'm not sure if any other raids would get a lower rating from a fan opinion poll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Twin Val'kyr was funny because of the whole "Balls" explaination and people yelling they got hit by <Insert color here> colored balls over vent.
    But other than that...that was kinda all that was fun about it :\

Quote Originally Posted by Xucuroz View Post
    Some of the fights were alright, but on the whole didn't enjoy the raid that much. I really hated faction Champions with a passion.
    Faction Champs was my favorite fight once they tuned it down a little. The rest were pretty standard fights more or less. My favorite part of ToGC however may have been the untrash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i heard many people that said they hated ToC, i didn't liked it a lot, but i didn't hated it ethier :S

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get why you're so upset. It's not like he said "This raid was bad and everyone who likes it is wrong." He is actually agreeing with you. Why wouldn't you want him to get away with this post?

The majority of people I know hated ToC because it felt like it took them a month to make, and was less epic than Ulduar, or any raid previous. I liked it, personally, but felt it shouldn't have been a tier all in its own .

Just because you loved it doesn't mean other people had the same opinion.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i didnt mind ToC at all. the only issue i had was that they seemed to go the lazy route and just reused what was essentially a 5 man dungeon. outside of that i like all of the encounters and thought they were pretty fun. it wasnt by any stretch the most amazing raid but i dont think it was the shittiest one to date either

Quote Originally Posted by Rivva View Post
    ToC was what Killed WoW for me for a few Years I played I played til the end of Wrath and then quit because ToC made me hate the new raiding design and Philosophy, and when it seemed to carry over into Cata I refused to come back.. Now that Raiding is back to what it should be in MoP I returned, and I am having a Blast... if they do another ToC I'm done again. This time for good.
    I don't understand this at all, You quit at the end of wrath because you did not like toc? How did anything in cata even come close to toc in any way?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    I liked it and thought it was really fun. Over all I liked the atmosphere the tournament made.

The PvP fight was kind of cool, but other than that, it was boring and lame and I only did it for gear. The story sucked, the fights were meh, the fact that it was all in one room was terrible.

Deleted
    Toc was my fav dungeon and raid of all time

The individual boss battles were fine, good even. The raid, as a whole, was not. It was basically what you get when you take a raid, any raid, and just boil it down to bare bones (the boss fights).

The only thing ToC did was make Ulduar obsolete after it being out for only 4 months. Thats also why Ulduar gets so much more hype then it deserves. It wasn't the holy grail of raiding everyone makes it to be.

Deleted
    The boss were ok-ish, but it was way too short, lack any scale/ambiance every good raid has, the visual (boss/gear/environnement) were lame and then you had to do it 4 times a week. One of the worst raid ever created in wow. That being said, I wouldn't mind too much having another toc like raid IF there's another "good" raid released along with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    The only thing ToC did was make Ulduar obsolete after it being out for only 4 months. Thats also why Ulduar gets so much more hype then it deserves. It wasn't the holy grail of raiding everyone makes it to be.
    Well Ulduar isn't the holy grail of raiding, but it certainly was the holy grail of wotlk, t7/t9 were horrible and while t10 was fine, Ulduar was still much much better.

Terrible raid in my eyes, wrong feeling to it and they screw up anub for a second time.
    Only interesting part of it all was tribute to dedicated insanity.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll take a patch like ToC over a patch like ZG/ZA any day. ToC > Ruby Sanctum as well. So yes, it was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    GC, may I ask where you are getting your data from? I and practically every person I have ever spoken with, whether it be in-game, IRL friends, forums etc LOVED ToC, especially ToGC!
    Imagine being GC, and any time you say absolutely anything about the feedback they got from the community on topic X there are people starting furious threads saying "How dare you say that about topic X! I loved/hated topic X and everyone agrees with me!!!". Here's the thing - everyone's impression of the community is fundamentally flawed because human beings naturally associate with like minded people. Our sample is biased.

From what I've seen on the forums it is true that ToC gets a lot of flak from people, generally speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    So, community, did you like ToC, did you not like it? Who was your favorite boss?
    What is this, Youtube?

Personally I liked it, suspect it got a lot of hate just because Ulduar was a hard act to follow. And according to many it came out too soon... I guess that depends how progressed your raid was. Personally I think a lot of WoW content comes out too fast but then you go on the forums and it's wall to wall people bitching about MORE RAIDS NOW NOW NOW WTF DO I PAY MONEY FOR ACTIBLIZZZ RAAAAARRRR!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I can guarantee that people would have a more positive response for ToC if there were adds and if you moved from one "arena" to another for each boss.

I personally loved the instance. I thoroughly enjoyed every single boss and thought that nice work was done. It was a bit short - and I can understand why people who cleared it early on would have a negative opinion - but I thought it was great!

Why ToC was trash:

It had awful visuals for tier sets.
    It was a filler raid (should have been considered tier 8.5, not 9), yet ICC was still underwhelming despite extra development time.
    It followed Ulduar, which was a great raid.
    The story made no sense. Why are we holding a tournament of champions and killing each other basically on the doorstep of the Lich King, the ultimate enemy? (OT this carries into ICC, where the horde and alliance fight each other for the right to go kill the Lich King.... Doesn't help play him up as very dangerous when you are killing him more for sport than anything else).
    Not carried out in an interesting setting.