View Poll Results: I can't let GC get away with that last blue post! Did you enjoy ToC? Favorite bosses?

Voters
639. You may not vote on this poll
  • Beasts of Northend

60 9.39%
  • Lord Jaraxxus

92 14.40%
  • Faction Champions

124 19.41%
  • Twin Val'kyr

106 16.59%
  • Anub'arak

85 13.30%
  • I loved them all!

126 19.72%
  • ToC was lame and didn't enjoy it.

335 52.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    TOC was awful and was one of the biggest reasons the game declined.

For one, it offered high end gear way too easily. TOC gear should have never been better than Ulduar. At worst it should have been a sidegrade, kinda like how ZA gear was a sidegrade back in BC. This caused massive ilvl inflation, which in turn created the whole concept of ilvl epeen and all that. Easy raid + easy gear = inflated player sense of worth and complacency.

Secondly, it rendered Ulduar obsolete. Ulduar was one of if not the best raids ever designed by Blizz, but as soon as TOC was released there was no need to ever go back since it was way tougher than TOC and offered worse gear. Many players barely scratched the surface of Ulduar but were full clearing TOC.

Third, the zone itself sucked. Yeah trash is annoying, but you can't have a raid without trash. Every video game ever always has minions you have to go through before you fight the boss. How "epic" would Super Mario be if you got to the castle and instantly fought Bowser? Boss after boss gets boring. And it's all basically in one room! Lazy, terrible design. The fights themselves weren't bad though I admit.

All in all, TOC was one of if not the biggest mistakes ever made by Blizz. We need more raids like Ulduar, TOT, and less like TOC welfair pinatas.
    You can't have a raid without trash? Says who?

I don't even queue for lfraid because of the boring trash. TOES is much more fun. Bosses are enjoyable, trash is not.

Stood in the Fire
    I loved Faction Champions. Watching the people who brag the most about their raid history die repeatedly because they're a ranged person who has no idea what to do when the enemy isn't targeting the tank or dead before it gets to them absolutely made my day.

Almost half our group was dead by the time we got the healers down. Then those of us who knew how to react and think on our feet would finish the fight with little difficulty by kiting, using survival cooldowns, interrupting, and CC'ing. I've rarely felt so involved while raiding.

While the beasts encounter was fun, and Anub'arak was tough, I'd just as soon eat a bullet than do an entire raid in a single fucking room for months over again.

Gear looked awful, save for one or two weapons (and they weren't great either, just not awful imo).

Just didn't feel 'epic' either. Overused term perhaps, but given the relatively small scope of the instance, small amount of relatively unimportant bosses (Everyone save Anub'arak may as well have been in a Vanilla 5 man instance for all their impact on the game world) and dodgy gating/attempts system, yeah. Compared to Ulduar and to a lesser extent ICC, I thought it was poo.

I liked the initial idea of a colosseum esque raid, but the arena was small and apart from the twin valkyr and faction champions the bosses sucked. The Arena itself was too small and not grand enough and when the lich king somehow appeared out of nowhere and collapsed the ground I thought "aaahhhh sheeeeeettt the Nerubian raid we were looking for!" Aaaaand it's just one boss, not even going inside the awesome Nerubian architecture and it's Anubarak again, and he's blue. Never before have I raged at an instance like I did then...

I liked ToC but every time there is a poll it is always voted the worst raid, which is where GC gets his data from.

I only liked it because of Wilfred Fizzlebang. Nothing more.
    Natural Selection: Each time you say "Worgens" as a plural form of the word "Worgen", you have a 2/4/6% chance to be eaten by a grammar nazi.
    Tier 2 talent of the Grammar-specced "Player" class.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
    You can't have a raid without trash? Says who?

I don't even queue for lfraid because of the boring trash. TOES is much more fun. Bosses are enjoyable, trash is not.
    Some of my most fun or entertaining moments in raids were during trash pulls. Granted it was because of the fun people I was killing it with, but without the trash those moments wouldn't have happened. Just putting that out there so you don't confuse your opinion on trash with fact, as you seem to have done in your post.

Seems that poll backfired badly

And yes, ToC was bad.

I loved it. FC encounter was not perfect, but it was good, and Anub'arak HC fight was REALLY good. The rest of the raid (FC as well, I was a seasoned PvPer so I had no problem at all with the fight, people in my raid group did struggle at first though) was way too easy, though, I guess that's the main problem.

ToC was a shovelware raid designed to tide us over with minimum development effort. I'd rather they not have done that, and instead devoted the time to making a real raid out of it. Yes, I know, we wouldn't have gotten the three fivemans in ICC, but oh well.

What we should have gotten, what I still to this day regret, was not being graced with a full Nerubian raid down in Ahn'kanet. The art in the fiveman dungeon and the pit underneath ICC for the Lich King's heart questline had so much potential, and it was squandered. And now we'll never go back to it, because Northrend's story has been told.

That is the casualty of ToC, and I will not forgive it for it. Especially given the fights themselves.

I think that there was a post on these forums a while ago about ranking the worst raid across expansion and ToC came close second if not first against even Dragon Soul

GOd I wish we had a toc or a togc. I loved that raid. The theme especially.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by NewOrleansTrolley View Post
    Why did it make you "angry?" He just shared his opinion and he even acknowledged that some people disagreed with him.

Side note: ToC was my first raid. I liked it. I can imagine people hating it though if they overplay it.
    Everything GC says angers some people. If he does not agree with what they think 100% all the time, they call him a fail and want him sacked. The posts here liking the place are the first I have ever seen. It is usually considered the worst raid ever.

ToC was the worst raid in this games history.

Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.
    [Pokemon Y Friend Code: 1521-3726-7197]

I remember when my guild first started raiding ToC. I was the ranged responsible for shooting down the ice patches on Anub. Was kinda boring for me really lol

Let's face it, the reason most people hate it is because it not only came after Ulduar, but came VERY quickly after Ulduar. Couple that with the reuse of the dungeon area and some not so pretty gear/weapons and it was just a bad stain on a fair raid record.

Some of the fights were fun (I enjoyed the twins oddly) and some were fairly boring. I still, to this day, find it both amusing and sad that people can be angry, some even violently so, over something in a game. GC is right though. It just lacked new art, architecture and so on. People just need to get over it.

Rarely updated...

TOC inself was bad but had awesome HC encounters, normals were all faceroll LFRpug like

Worst raid was AQ40, but alot of ppl hadnt set foot there at its "prime"
    Warlock / IA Operative / Wizard / Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    TOC inself was bad but had awesome HC encounters, normals were all faceroll LFRpug like

Worst raid was AQ40, but alot of ppl hadnt set foot there at its "prime"
    to be honest you can tell that AQ40 suck even by setting foot in there now at 90

The forums were full of people whining how horrible it was. Everyone I know and talked to agrees it was the worst raid ever. And now suddenly you and your buddies think the opposite? Let me guess, Cataclysm was the best expansion ever?