Poll: I can't let GC get away with that last blue post! Did you enjoy ToC? Favorite bosses?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I liked ToC but every time there is a poll it is always voted the worst raid, which is where GC gets his data from.

15+ Year Old Account
    I only liked it because of Wilfred Fizzlebang. Nothing more.
    Natural Selection: Each time you say "Worgens" as a plural form of the word "Worgen", you have a 2/4/6% chance to be eaten by a grammar nazi.
    Tier 2 talent of the Grammar-specced "Player" class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
    You can't have a raid without trash? Says who?

I don't even queue for lfraid because of the boring trash. TOES is much more fun. Bosses are enjoyable, trash is not.
    Some of my most fun or entertaining moments in raids were during trash pulls. Granted it was because of the fun people I was killing it with, but without the trash those moments wouldn't have happened. Just putting that out there so you don't confuse your opinion on trash with fact, as you seem to have done in your post.

Seems that poll backfired badly

And yes, ToC was bad.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

I loved it. FC encounter was not perfect, but it was good, and Anub'arak HC fight was REALLY good. The rest of the raid (FC as well, I was a seasoned PvPer so I had no problem at all with the fight, people in my raid group did struggle at first though) was way too easy, though, I guess that's the main problem.

ToC was a shovelware raid designed to tide us over with minimum development effort. I'd rather they not have done that, and instead devoted the time to making a real raid out of it. Yes, I know, we wouldn't have gotten the three fivemans in ICC, but oh well.

What we should have gotten, what I still to this day regret, was not being graced with a full Nerubian raid down in Ahn'kanet. The art in the fiveman dungeon and the pit underneath ICC for the Lich King's heart questline had so much potential, and it was squandered. And now we'll never go back to it, because Northrend's story has been told.

That is the casualty of ToC, and I will not forgive it for it. Especially given the fights themselves.

Deleted
    I think that there was a post on these forums a while ago about ranking the worst raid across expansion and ToC came close second if not first against even Dragon Soul

10+ Year Old Account
    GOd I wish we had a toc or a togc. I loved that raid. The theme especially.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by NewOrleansTrolley View Post
    Why did it make you "angry?" He just shared his opinion and he even acknowledged that some people disagreed with him.

Side note: ToC was my first raid. I liked it. I can imagine people hating it though if they overplay it.
    Everything GC says angers some people. If he does not agree with what they think 100% all the time, they call him a fail and want him sacked. The posts here liking the place are the first I have ever seen. It is usually considered the worst raid ever.

ToC was the worst raid in this games history.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

TOC inself was bad but had awesome HC encounters, normals were all faceroll LFRpug like

Worst raid was AQ40, but alot of ppl hadnt set foot there at its "prime"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    TOC inself was bad but had awesome HC encounters, normals were all faceroll LFRpug like

Worst raid was AQ40, but alot of ppl hadnt set foot there at its "prime"
    to be honest you can tell that AQ40 suck even by setting foot in there now at 90

The forums were full of people whining how horrible it was. Everyone I know and talked to agrees it was the worst raid ever. And now suddenly you and your buddies think the opposite? Let me guess, Cataclysm was the best expansion ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    angry in terms of when: a fat person says they dont like ice cream. or a kid says they dont like playing. or person who wears cabela camo doesn't hunt. that kind of angry.

and yes, if you overplayed it than that means you did like it and just became sick of it. thats a seperate issue though ya?
    ......lolwut? You have anger issues for sure. As for ToC it was alright, not the best not the worst.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Ergh, hate ToC so much, its ridiculous. The dungeon wasn't even that interesting, and then they went and made a raid of it, IN THE SAME DAMN PLACE. Combine that with the lockouts, the fact that the first fight is harder than the next three, so derpy people in my guild could stop our progression for the week on the first fight and I hated the place. I have never met anyone who liked ToC, trash is an important part of raiding, I'm all for trash not respawning, but you should definitely not be facing every boss in a line.

Also, how can five bosses compare with any other raid tier in the game? After playing through BC, Kara, Hyjal, BT, Naxx and Ulduar, and then you hit ToC? It was an insult, it was lazy. There wasn't a single thing about the raid that seemed like a lot of effort was put into it. The entire time I was in the raid I was thinking of how I'd rather be working on heroic ulduar stuff.

ToC was the worst raid besides the redone naxx (imo)

Limited attempts
    Having to run it 4 times a week
    1 Room, boring art / location
    Only 5 bosses most of which were reused models
    A boss we already killed in a 5 man as the end boss
    Faction Champions was a annoying fight. Sometimes 3 of the mobs would randomly decide to all go and kill a healer and you would be screwed since they didn't have an aggro table.
    Lore made no sense. Instead of fighting the lich king directly we are going to set up a "tournament" right outside his doorstep in order to "train"?
    Last edited by Jacob6875; 2013-04-08 at 07:14 PM.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

I really liked the encounters designs, especially Jaraxxus and Beasts. The former felt almost as epic as Mimiron to me. But the place itself could have been much better, especially after Ulduar. Valkyr fight was too short to be enjoyable for me, champions - too messy and RNG-y, and nothing special about Anub.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

I enjoyed it. ToT is a perfect reminder why. Was nice spending raid time on bosses...and not most of it on trash.

Deleted
    ToC was horrible and I hated it.
    In fact I stopped playing after 2 week of it being released, that's how much I hated it.