View Poll Results: I can't let GC get away with that last blue post! Did you enjoy ToC? Favorite bosses?

Voters
639. You may not vote on this poll
  • Beasts of Northend

60 9.39%
  • Lord Jaraxxus

92 14.40%
  • Faction Champions

124 19.41%
  • Twin Val'kyr

106 16.59%
  • Anub'arak

85 13.30%
  • I loved them all!

126 19.72%
  • ToC was lame and didn't enjoy it.

335 52.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    angry in terms of when: a fat person says they dont like ice cream. or a kid says they dont like playing. or person who wears cabela camo doesn't hunt. that kind of angry.

and yes, if you overplayed it than that means you did like it and just became sick of it. thats a seperate issue though ya?
    ......lolwut? You have anger issues for sure. As for ToC it was alright, not the best not the worst.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Ergh, hate ToC so much, its ridiculous. The dungeon wasn't even that interesting, and then they went and made a raid of it, IN THE SAME DAMN PLACE. Combine that with the lockouts, the fact that the first fight is harder than the next three, so derpy people in my guild could stop our progression for the week on the first fight and I hated the place. I have never met anyone who liked ToC, trash is an important part of raiding, I'm all for trash not respawning, but you should definitely not be facing every boss in a line.

Also, how can five bosses compare with any other raid tier in the game? After playing through BC, Kara, Hyjal, BT, Naxx and Ulduar, and then you hit ToC? It was an insult, it was lazy. There wasn't a single thing about the raid that seemed like a lot of effort was put into it. The entire time I was in the raid I was thinking of how I'd rather be working on heroic ulduar stuff.

ToC was the worst raid besides the redone naxx (imo)

Limited attempts
    Having to run it 4 times a week
    1 Room, boring art / location
    Only 5 bosses most of which were reused models
    A boss we already killed in a 5 man as the end boss
    Faction Champions was a annoying fight. Sometimes 3 of the mobs would randomly decide to all go and kill a healer and you would be screwed since they didn't have an aggro table.
    Lore made no sense. Instead of fighting the lich king directly we are going to set up a "tournament" right outside his doorstep in order to "train"?
    Last edited by Jacob6875; 2013-04-08 at 07:14 PM.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

I really liked the encounters designs, especially Jaraxxus and Beasts. The former felt almost as epic as Mimiron to me. But the place itself could have been much better, especially after Ulduar. Valkyr fight was too short to be enjoyable for me, champions - too messy and RNG-y, and nothing special about Anub.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.

I enjoyed it. ToT is a perfect reminder why. Was nice spending raid time on bosses...and not most of it on trash.

ToC was horrible and I hated it.
    In fact I stopped playing after 2 week of it being released, that's how much I hated it.

ToC was terrible. Also, the poll percentages add up to like 146% /boggle

Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    Multiple Choice Poll.

Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.
    [Pokemon Y Friend Code: 1521-3726-7197]

I think it would be a safe bet to say Ulduar was the player favorite in terms of raids. I personaly have never met a person who disliked it, that is to say they are not out there but they seem to be few and far between.

I loved the bosses in ToC. The instance itself and the looks of the gear, not so much. Those were horrible. So I pretty much agree with GC on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    Multiple choice poll xD

Rarely updated...

ToC was when I first switched from Prot to Holy. Was fun times, I love the raid because the simplicity of it. It was simple, but it worked. Also a fan of tier gear being a different color for each faction. I've only ever seen MMO-C bashing it, but meh. If GC has stats then can't argue with those.

TC mostly everybody hatted ToC, gear looked like rushed crap, encounters were kinda bad (I liked Jaraxus tough) and Anu Barack didnt get the raid he deserved (wich shouldve been Azjol Nerub). I do love the fact that it had no trash tough, trash is terrible, I think raids should have very little to no trash all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Yourcatdead View Post
    ToC was when I first switched from Prot to Holy. Was fun times, I love the raid because the simplicity of it. It was simple, but it worked. Also a fan of tier gear being a different color for each faction. I've only ever seen MMO-C bashing it, but meh. If GC has stats then can't argue with those.
    This is MMO-C, of course they'll be argued :P

Rarely updated...

I didn't HATE ToC, it was just so fucking boring, it really shouldn't of been an entire raid tier by ITSELF, it would of been better used in conjunction with another raid (like the pinnacle one or azjol nerub we were promised)

One of the reasons I liked it was because you didn't have to wade through a bunch of pointless trash to get to the bosses. Quick, simple, and to the point. Faction Champs to this day are still my favorite encounter. They took skill instead of standing there going through the same redundant motions that we go through with every boss encounter. Split up, group up, don't stand in that, etc. It's always the same story with every boss. Just different mechanics. If I watch the video for almost any encounter, I can almost do it blindfolded on the first run. Well, if I didn't need to see health bars.
    A true Patriot fights for their country, not for their government.

HAHA "ToC was lame" is tearin it up on the poll!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    You tried too hard and now your post is shit. Never try too hard, the gamble isn't worth it.

Overall, tier 9 was a turd. The Argent Tournament contends with Molten Front for worst daily quest hub ever (I give the nod to Molten Front, personally, but it's close). It threw fuel on the fire that was the trend of pve items being dominant/mandatory for competitive pvp (trinkets come to mind). The encounters themselves were ok; faction champs being the most memorable and enjoyable to me.

The instance does house one of my all time great raid memories: Completing Tribute to Insanity 10 man with a rogue evasion tanking Anub'arak as I ankhed and used all my cds to blast away the last 1-2% remaining so that we got the kill...this all coming just after another guild group had a sub 30% wipe on Anub, ending their Insanity run. One of those "you had to be there" moments.

But to further enforce how big a turd ToC was, the person that won the mount that night then promptly deleted their entire wow account 2-3 weeks later and never returned. It would be a mount that even doing Insanity runs in full ICC heroic gear, I would not win. FML. Hoping it would show up on BMAH one day, but being it would flag someone for Tribute to Insanity FoS, I'm not sure it would come up or not.

Further exacerbating ToC's turdiness, it was the followup act/raid to Ulduar. Not to mention it cut the Ulduar tier rather short (in fact I believe ToC was current as long as Ulduar was...wtf?). Tier gear from there was pretty lackluster (especially with the plate all being recolors of each other).