Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by ares1023 View Post
    Q: "can we have some more uses for Lesser Charms? I think I have approximately a zillion of them."
    A: "The use is intended to be that you can take a vacation on dailies if you so choose.

    Hate to be so critical, but the fact that he says take a vacation from doing dailies seems to imply that dailies are in fact a chore/job, otherwise we wouldn't need/want to take a vacation in the first place. Sorry I'm just very pessimistic when it comes to the dailies.....I rode the Daily Train for a while until I just got fed up with doing them. Last time I ever looked forward to dailies and really had a lot of fun was back in BC with the Isle of Quel'Danas...
    Out of interest what did you prefer about the "Isle of Quel'Danas" dailies compared to the "Isle Of Thunder" dailies.

    The Dailies in the Isle Of Thunder are much more varied (there is a much bigger pool of them) and there are a lot of fun ones, I really like the final one in the stage just opened for example.

    I really like the sense of progression as we go from stage to stage slowly taking over the isle.

    There is loads to do on the isle as well as the dailies (summons, rare hunting, treasure trove etc etc).

    The world PvP seems pretty active even on my carebear server (especially with people doing the PvP dailies).

  2. #22
    Bloodsail Admiral Imhullu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,113
    The tweet about void storage bothers me. We we're told before it was because of storage and data issues, now we are being told it was because they don't want us hoarding. These are two very separate things and I think they should just give us a straight answer. I get they don't want us to hold onto everything, but realistically void storage came off to me as a temporary fix to an issue they should resolve in a different way. If we have transmog I don't see why they can't make an interface that lets us learn skins akin to DCUO. The way we have an actual storage doesn't make sense to me when we don't have to actually use the items like you would in RIFT for example.
    In rift you equip them into vanity slots. In wow we are already just changing skins when we transmog, why not just make a skin storage book and let us hold on to whatever one we want. Easier to call to a list of skins than it is to actual create storage areas to hold items that you can place and retrieve.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by ares1023 View Post
    Q: "can we have some more uses for Lesser Charms? I think I have approximately a zillion of them."
    A: "The use is intended to be that you can take a vacation on dailies if you so choose.

    Hate to be so critical, but the fact that he says take a vacation from doing dailies seems to imply that dailies are in fact a chore/job, otherwise we wouldn't need/want to take a vacation in the first place. Sorry I'm just very pessimistic when it comes to the dailies.....I rode the Daily Train for a while until I just got fed up with doing them. Last time I ever looked forward to dailies and really had a lot of fun was back in BC with the Isle of Quel'Danas...
    Hit the nail on the head. Good catch. I've never once wanted to take a break from Raiding (though to be honest, I've met people who did), and daily dungeons aren't a big deal, and I can do random BG all day (if I'm not on a losing streak). But there's only so much repetitive daily questing I can take.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-07 at 11:46 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Hit the nail on the head. Good catch. I've never once wanted to take a break from Raiding (though to be honest, I've met people who did), and daily dungeons aren't a big deal, and I can do random BG all day (if I'm not on a losing streak). But there's only so much repetitive daily questing I can take.
    Vanity slots would have been the way to go (IMO).

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Imhullu View Post
    The tweet about void storage bothers me. We we're told before it was because of storage and data issues, now we are being told it was because they don't want us hoarding. These are two very separate things and I think they should just give us a straight answer. I get they don't want us to hold onto everything, but realistically void storage came off to me as a temporary fix to an issue they should resolve in a different way. If we have transmog I don't see why they can't make an interface that lets us learn skins akin to DCUO. The way we have an actual storage doesn't make sense to me when we don't have to actually use the items like you would in RIFT for example.
    In rift you equip them into vanity slots. In wow we are already just changing skins when we transmog, why not just make a skin storage book and let us hold on to whatever one we want. Easier to call to a list of skins than it is to actual create storage areas to hold items that you can place and retrieve.
    I would love a storage book option, but in Blizzard's defense you're thinking about "space" in a physical way. With void storage they only need to track 80 item ID's. With a storage book, they would need to track every single armor in the game, along with a toggle value of whether the player is eligible to transmog that item. In terms of data storage, tracking all the items a person has access to would be much larger.

  5. #25
    Scarab Lord snuzzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    4,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthoof View Post
    About freaking Time! Finally I will actually use my Void Storage!
    Yup! It's still stupidly expensive, but at least now I won't have to worry about constantly taking things in and out.
    Some noses just don't belong on some faces! #SaveTheSnoots!

    Exhibit AExhibit BOfficial MMO-C Feedback PostOfficial Beta Feedback Post

  6. #26
    Old God Arrowstormen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    10,334
    Reminds me of the Guild Wars 2 system that allows you to use stuff in your collectible bank and access your bank from crafting places.

  7. #27
    Wow so transmog is finally going to work from void storage. We all though it would work that way from the beginning. That's pretty cool. Now if they'll just triple the size of void storage, I'll be able to clear my bank and actually use it as a bank instead of holding onto cool looking armor pieces.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Imhullu View Post
    The tweet about void storage bothers me. We we're told before it was because of storage and data issues, now we are being told it was because they don't want us hoarding. These are two very separate things and I think they should just give us a straight answer.
    Sorry, but you're wrong. Those are the same issue. They don't want us hoarding because every item we hoard is more data to store. Void storage is interesting because it strips all the "extra" stuff like gems and enchants off things, storing stuff only as it's basic item ID, making the storage more compact in terms of data efficiency. And in the end, that's all you need for transmog stuff, basic item ID so you can change the appearance of something.

  9. #29
    A very welcome QoL change.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthoof View Post
    About freaking Time! Finally I will actually use my Void Storage!
    You can use it from your bank as well, so no need. It's there purely for more space.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhozul View Post
    Now we just need more space in the Void Storage! I filled mine up on Day One.
    IKR?

    Blizzard keeps saying no more VS. Well at the very least they should make all vanity items BoA so I can at least mule some of my stuff.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-08 at 01:45 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by ares1023 View Post
    Q: "can we have some more uses for Lesser Charms? I think I have approximately a zillion of them."
    A: "The use is intended to be that you can take a vacation on dailies if you so choose.

    Hate to be so critical, but the fact that he says take a vacation from doing dailies seems to imply that dailies are in fact a chore/job, otherwise we wouldn't need/want to take a vacation in the first place. Sorry I'm just very pessimistic when it comes to the dailies.....I rode the Daily Train for a while until I just got fed up with doing them. Last time I ever looked forward to dailies and really had a lot of fun was back in BC with the Isle of Quel'Danas...
    Can't win, can they? They say they're not a chore, people complain. They acknowledge that they can be a chore, people complain.

    Personally I finished all my reps months ago... Golden Lotus took too long and the gating was a pain, other than that it's fine once you're over the hump. The 5.1 dailies were nice, the story chain kept you interested. And there's so much going on in IoT that I barely notice the daily grind. In fact I'm not sure why I'm still doing them other than that they're so easy... and I'm after that 10k daily achi lol...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  10. #30
    xmog from void storage is such a pointless change. It's easy enough to keep your current xmog set in the bank. They need to spend dev resources solving storage issues, not waste them on junk like this.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-07 at 06:55 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by nimryas View Post
    About effing time they let us xmog from void bank.. seriously what the freaking fuck took them so long to figure out it would be only logical... :/
    Seriousy? Why would you be taking items in and out that often? Void storage isn't for things you're using. Your current xmog shouldn't be in there.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-07 at 07:04 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Darmalus View Post
    Sorry, but you're wrong. Those are the same issue. They don't want us hoarding because every item we hoard is more data to store. Void storage is interesting because it strips all the "extra" stuff like gems and enchants off things, storing stuff only as it's basic item ID, making the storage more compact in terms of data efficiency. And in the end, that's all you need for transmog stuff, basic item ID so you can change the appearance of something.
    Database space isn't the issue. If it was we wouldn't have 500+ pets, hundreds of mounts or the ability to have thousands of items in the mail. They can't keep putting off fixing the lack of storage caused by 'toys', tabards, holiday items, momentos and xmog that needs more space every tier.
    Last edited by morfraen; 2013-04-08 at 01:56 AM.

  11. #31
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    can we have some more uses for Lesser Charms? I think I have approximately a zillion of them.
    The use is intended to be that you can take a vacation on dailies if you so choose.
    Considering how dailies are my main income for gold... yeah.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM/Surv Gekkani - Disc/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost/Fire Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Demo/Destro Yin - WW

  12. #32
    High Overlord ares1023's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    Out of interest what did you prefer about the "Isle of Quel'Danas" dailies compared to the "Isle Of Thunder" dailies.

    The Dailies in the Isle Of Thunder are much more varied (there is a much bigger pool of them) and there are a lot of fun ones, I really like the final one in the stage just opened for example.

    I really like the sense of progression as we go from stage to stage slowly taking over the isle.

    There is loads to do on the isle as well as the dailies (summons, rare hunting, treasure trove etc etc).

    The world PvP seems pretty active even on my carebear server (especially with people doing the PvP dailies).
    Well tbh, I can't really pinpoint the main things that made Isle of Quel'Danas more fun or w/e, it was a mixture of different elements that just made the experience very fun and unique. The daily quests didn't feel like a chore, and it might also be because I liked PvP back then much better than I do now, now a days PvP is all about prevention, there are less cases where you go tit for tat against other classes since some classes just too easily wreck other classes with their stuns/silences/etc.
    "Too Black for the White kids and too White for the Blacks" - Earl Sweatshirt
    "Any man dies with a clean sword, I'll rape his f***ing corpse!" - Sandor Clegane

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by ares1023 View Post
    WThe daily quests didn't feel like a chore, and it might also be because I liked PvP back then much better than I do now, now a days PvP is all about prevention, there are less cases where you go tit for tat against other classes since some classes just too easily wreck other classes with their stuns/silences/etc.
    Yeah, tho I don't see the problem in the silences and stuns(aside from rogue who has more or less a stunlock these days again...which is something I thought long gone since classic)...I think the 150k snares and immunity-bubbles and vanishes are much more annoying. Today it doesn't seem to be about who hits best...but about who avoids best(and thanks to snares avoiding has nothing to do with running away...at least not if you hit on any of those non-stop snare classes).

  14. #34
    Bloodsail Admiral furydeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,098
    So still have a full bank glad that VS can hold hardly anything I have. Sucks for you all wanting all the tier gear.

  15. #35
    Good change. And the video, awesome, good music, intro, everything. ^^

  16. #36
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    79
    Now I'm hungry... -.-

  17. #37
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Thessaloniki, Greece, EU
    Posts
    128
    Haha nice intro, theme taken from Fallout pc-rpg series . Good idea

  18. #38
    Pandaren Monk Freia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    1,818
    Quote Originally Posted by morfraen View Post
    Seriousy? Why would you be taking items in and out that often? Void storage isn't for things you're using. Your current xmog shouldn't be in there.
    So I should keep my transmog sets in my bags along with the pve and pvp gear for my 2 specs while doing dailies, farming and everything else. Yea not practical.

  19. #39
    woo, void storage is finally useful

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    Out of interest what did you prefer about the "Isle of Quel'Danas" dailies compared to the "Isle Of Thunder" dailies.

    The Dailies in the Isle Of Thunder are much more varied (there is a much bigger pool of them) and there are a lot of fun ones, I really like the final one in the stage just opened for example.

    I really like the sense of progression as we go from stage to stage slowly taking over the isle.

    There is loads to do on the isle as well as the dailies (summons, rare hunting, treasure trove etc etc).

    The world PvP seems pretty active even on my carebear server (especially with people doing the PvP dailies).
    I like the new dailies because they are varied, but they are much more spread out than in the past, it takes much longer to complete everything. Also, back then it didn't feel as mandatory to do them every day, but now you still need to complete dailies to obtain charms.
    to: preposition; used as a function word to indicate position, connection, extent, relation ~ too: adverb; also, very, excessively, so

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •