Need Some Trinket Advice

So...I recently got all the cards for the Serpents Deck but before I turn it in I was wondering if it's a worthwhile trinket above Raid Finder quality Throne of Thunder Trinkets, or my currently equipped trinkets. I'm not in a super serious raiding guild, we've only managed to down Jin'Rokh on normal. So my access to normal mode ToT gear is severely limited.

I can't post links yet so my character is Haelgrim on Sisters of Elune if you want to look up my character info.

If you don't, my current trinkets are the Volatile Talisman of the Shado-pan Assault and Wushoolay's Final Choice (ilvl 502 version). I'm just not sure if the intellect and, by proxy, spell power gains from the Relic of Yu'lon would be better than any of the trinkets in ToT or what I have already.

Thanks in advance for your help.

The trinkets you have currently are both better than the DMC, You'll likely want to keep what you have currently and wait for more drops.

I'd recommend switching up your reforging however. Without the Lei-Shen trinket, crit is still better than mastery in almost every case.

Yes, unlike Cata where the DMC cards held out for 1-2 tiers above, that is not the case now.

476 vs 502 is no contest at all, when it is two full tiers (26 ilevels) of difference.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Yes, unlike Cata where the DMC cards held out for 1-2 tiers above, that is not the case now.

476 vs 502 is no contest at all, when it is two full tiers (26 ilevels) of difference.
    im still using my DMC(double upgraded though) and its better than my horridon LFR trinket (2/2 DMC seems like its better than vp trinket as well depending on how long the fight is)

also ilvl doesnt mean its "better" (trinkets wise!!) megera and primordious tirnket is still worse than tsulong trinket(heroic)
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

I'm using thunderforged trinket from horridon and swapping between hc light of cosmos and dmc (2/2) depending on the situation. I am liking light of cosmos alot for atonement, since I never got the trinket from hc emperor.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilbu View Post
    I'm using thunderforged trinket from horridon and swapping between hc light of cosmos and dmc (2/2) depending on the situation. I am liking light of cosmos alot for atonement, since I never got the trinket from hc emperor.
    does lotc proc from HF dot?? if so whats the uptime of lotc >40%??
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    does lotc proc from HF dot?? if so whats the uptime of lotc >40%??
    I'm getting around 35% uptime give or take slightly higher if I am casting sw: p too, was comparing to our dot classes and they are managing around 40-45% uptime. And yes, it procs off from HF. Don't know if it is optimal, but indeed it gives a nice boost to atonement for the duration and a bunch of reforging possibilities.
    Last edited by Vilbu; 2013-04-08 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    im still using my DMC(double upgraded though) and its better than my horridon LFR trinket (2/2 DMC seems like its better than vp trinket as well depending on how long the fight is)

also ilvl doesnt mean its "better" (trinkets wise!!) megera and primordious tirnket is still worse than tsulong trinket(heroic)
    The OP was asking about DPS trinkets, so the responses above referencing the trinket question were for shadow. Healing trinkets lend more of a personal play style to what works better for you. For DPS that is not the case at all, and in this situation the ilvl IS a big deal.

OP: Turn in the deck and sell the card. They're still going for over 10k on my server.