Poll: What would you do?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

AH moral question

Consider: Someone posts 522 crafted gear on the AH, but the buyout is 2000g instead of 20,000g like a few of the others (as an example). You thank your lucky stars and you buy the item for 10% of its actual value. You suddenly get a message from the seller, who begs you to return them because he missed a "0" in the buyout field. Do you:

a) Give them back.

or

b) Tell them 'too late, that's the price you set, that's what I paid for'.

Up to you I guess, myself I'd probbly return it but I have special circumstances and never really want for things in WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Personally, I would go with c) Send them additional gold for the item, but not up to the 20,000g. Offer them more, but still at a good deal to compensate for their mistake.

The other player made a mistake. You were perfectly legal in what you did in-game; just buying an auction. It was their mistake, and there is no reason that you should necessarily "fix it" for them.

Depends, did he catch me before or after I equipped it?

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally wouldn't, but thats because I'm a horrible person. If I made the same mistake I'd be pissed at myself, but wouldn't even whisper the person, because I'm the one in the wrong for not confirming my price on a high value item.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd probably give him another 2k. I'd feel sorry for him, but it is also seller's responsibility to set the price they want.

Therefore, 2k more. His muckup hurts less, and I still get a bargain ^^
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Generally, keep it. If the person in question is a potentially important person to your doings and whatnot in WoW, be nice. Usually, such a significant amount is not worth paying for being nice; but of course, it is a social game, so under certain circumstances it might be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I were you id give them a small compensation. Like 10k or something, not the full price.

I've made the same mistake before and I didnt beg for anything back since it was my fault.(put something up for 5k buyout but forgot to change the bid. I got 10 gold out of that item)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd go option "B." The accuracy of his auction was his responsibility. I have no further obligations to the seller once the transaction has been completed.

Deleted
    If they PMed me I would give it back. I would not contact him though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post

I've made the same mistake before and I didnt beg for anything back since it was my fault.(put something up for 5k buyout but forgot to change the bid. I got 10 gold out of that item)
    Thats the exact same mistake I usually make if I do an AH mistake ><
    [CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a [perhaps overly] nice person, so I'd probably give it back if I could. If it was already equipped, then I'd tell them so and, "sorry I dont have another 18k gold" (which isn't a lie).

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Too me it's just gear. Ruining a players day over it is just stupid. I'd give it back.

I wouldn't. I mean, we've all put stuff on the AH that we accidentally screwed up on, right? They'd get no love from me. Pay more attention next time. lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    It depends on how they ask me, honestly.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

I would sell them back to him for 19k. Make a 21k profit while he still tries to sell it for 20k.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

As much as I hate to admit it, I'd buy it and not think twice. I hate the fact that people are trying to sell 522s for 80k on my realm. The massive amount of gold inflation has pretty much ruined my chances of buying anything other than consumables =/
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    Regardless of if you have equipped it, or relisted for a profit, there is no moral grey area. The price was set, you bought it in good faith.
    Next time they will learn to double check the price, its a hard, bitter pill to swallow and I have been on both ends of this.

I would not give any gold to him, or expect any gold from someone if I put something on the AH for the wrong amount.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am not sure, I think if you don't he willl learn from his mistake and never do it again.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    all depends how the conversation unfolds , if hes kind and nice , sure , if hes dbag , forget it ^^