Thread: Short Rant

Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    Warchief Clevername's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    behind cover
    Posts
    2,132

    Short Rant

    Imagine a world where a '15 minute' restart actually meant just that, not creating an Error 112 (where I might have to reinstall the game), not creating a launcher that just keeps restarting itself, not 'creating unforseen errors' which bring the realm down for another 2 hours.

    Maybe I just have shitty luck but every time they do one of these minor maintenance days, I get fucked for 2-6 hours.

    And no I don't know the intricacies of networking or computers but I do know when you constantly disappoint your customer, you need to take a look at your process.

  2. #2
    Herald of the Titans -Ethos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    2,600
    Getting in before people say how hard it is to go outside for a few hours or do something else. Anything else.

    5069-5224-8275 Pokemon Friend Safari - Ice: Lapras / Snorunt / Sneasel

  3. #3
    Pandaren Monk solvexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sydney, Australia.
    Posts
    1,777
    I've very rarely had any problems like you do.
    Perhaps your computer is old or something, I unno.

  4. #4
    Anything to do with computer coding is a nightmare. Fix one thing, break another. As frustrating it is for you/me, imagine how the programmers feel when they constantly have to fix these kind of problems. For the longest time I wanted to make games, I started the course to do it, then realised how much of a nightmare it was and that to make a game id have to sacrifice losing my hair/sanity~

  5. #5
    Warchief Clevername's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    behind cover
    Posts
    2,132
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    Getting in before people say how hard it is to go outside for a few hours or do something else. Anything else.
    I'll remember that, I play when I'm on call for my job which I am right now, which literally means I have to keep this radio on me at all times and be on a 5 min recall, so what exactly else should I 'do outside'. Making little sidebars like this take away from the real argument which is the fact that they constantly fuck up when they try these little 15 minute restarts.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-10 at 05:27 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by MiLLeR View Post
    Anything to do with computer coding is a nightmare. Fix one thing, break another. As frustrating it is for you/me, imagine how the programmers feel when they constantly have to fix these kind of problems. For the longest time I wanted to make games, I started the course to do it, then realised how much of a nightmare it was and that to make a game id have to sacrifice losing my hair/sanity~
    While this may be true, it's not my problem. As the customer I don't care all I want is the product I ordered for the agreed upon price, they way it was sold to me, which was not 15 bucks a MONTH for only 26 days of game play. I don't care what their technical difficulties are the fact is I pay for a full month I deserve to get a full month and downtime due to their error should be back on them, I should not have to pay for their mistakes.

  6. #6
    When mop delivered everything was fine, when 5.1 delivered my graphic card was overheating to the point i could not get past the logscreen because of critical error, since the last hotfix the game just stops and shuts itself down. Oh well.

  7. #7
    Pit Lord Galbrei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    2,251
    It's been years since I've had any problems after an update. I'm guessing the problem is in your machine, you might want to have it checked before blaming other people.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevername View Post
    While this may be true, it's not my problem. As the customer I don't care all I want is the product I ordered for the agreed upon price, they way it was sold to me, which was not 15 bucks a MONTH for only 26 days of game play. I don't care what their technical difficulties are the fact is I pay for a full month I deserve to get a full month and downtime due to their error should be back on them, I should not have to pay for their mistakes.
    I think that s covered by the EULA and the other bunch of documents u agreed, and they say that blizzard is not responsible for that .

  9. #9
    Blizzard restarts in the middle of raid for me every month or so, never had any of the problems you are talking about. Just a 3 minute or so downtime. Though it does lose an hour of raiding because first the realm goes down then the raid servers.

  10. #10
    Stood in the Fire Satanous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    384
    All good, They can stop maintenance I'll enjoy your rant when the game crashes for good because your precious four days a month is just tooo much.

  11. #11
    Warchief Clevername's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    behind cover
    Posts
    2,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    It's been years since I've had any problems after an update. I'm guessing the problem is in your machine, you might want to have it checked before blaming other people.
    My machine is less than a year old, runs plenty of other games fine. I know that it ran the game fine until this restart and now I am getting an error 112, which means I will have to reinstall the game. Might want to learn all the facts before making snap judgements.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-10 at 05:34 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Syro View Post
    I think that s covered by the EULA and the other bunch of documents u agreed, and they say that blizzard is not responsible for that .
    Of course they have some small print legalese to obsolve them of basically anything. Doesn't mean it's right.

  12. #12
    Pandaren Monk solvexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sydney, Australia.
    Posts
    1,777
    Quote Originally Posted by Syro View Post
    When mop delivered everything was fine, when 5.1 delivered my graphic card was overheating to the point i could not get past the logscreen because of critical error, since the last hotfix the game just stops and shuts itself down. Oh well.
    Well then sounds like you have a problem with your Graphics card, not WoW.

  13. #13
    Warchief Clevername's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    behind cover
    Posts
    2,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Satanous View Post
    All good, They can stop maintenance I'll enjoy your rant when the game crashes for good because your precious four days a month is just tooo much.
    I am not insinuating that I am merely saying, why bullshit people with '15 minutes' if is realistically going to be 2 hours minimum, Pull the shit down for at least 4 hours, restart, test, fix, test... do what you have to do, but deliver on what you say you're going to do, that's basic business.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevername View Post
    While this may be true, it's not my problem. As the customer I don't care all I want is the product I ordered for the agreed upon price, they way it was sold to me, which was not 15 bucks a MONTH for only 26 days of game play. I don't care what their technical difficulties are the fact is I pay for a full month I deserve to get a full month and downtime due to their error should be back on them, I should not have to pay for their mistakes.
    Unfortunately, it IS your problem. I get as frustrated as you but there's simply nothing you can do about it. Just as there's no way they can foresee how "fixing" something will invariably "break" something else. You don't understand how coding/programming works, so naturally you will believe it should just be black and white.

    The bottom line is, we pay for what they give us, we can demand more but im afraid it's a lost cause~

    EDIT: I very much share your frustration and belief's btw, its just happened so many times that it started to fall into the realms of insanity where the same thing happens over and over but you expect a different result
    Last edited by MiLLeR; 2013-04-10 at 05:40 AM.

  15. #15
    Warchief Clevername's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    behind cover
    Posts
    2,132
    Quote Originally Posted by MiLLeR View Post
    Unfortunately, it IS your problem. I get as frustrated as you but there's simply nothing you can do about it. Just as there's no way they can foresee how "fixing" something will invariably "break" something else. You don't understand how coding/programming works, so naturally you will believe it should just be black and white.

    The bottom line is, we pay for what they give us, we can demand more but im afraid it's a lost cause~
    All this is true, I don't get it but I know in my line of work if I fucked up as much as they did I wouldn't have a job. All I am saying is that it is wrong.

  16. #16
    error 112 isnt a reinstall issue. Just keep trying to log in. Close wow and reopen a few times eventually it works and you dont have any problems afterwards. (It happened to me today)
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevername View Post
    All this is true, I don't get it but I know in my line of work if I fucked up as much as they did I wouldn't have a job. All I am saying is that it is wrong.
    Yeah im with you on that one mate.

  18. #18
    I am Murloc! The Glitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Litwak's Arcade Sunny Scotland!
    Posts
    5,972
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevername View Post
    All this is true, I don't get it but I know in my line of work if I fucked up as much as they did I wouldn't have a job. All I am saying is that it is wrong.
    Game runs fine for me, and for the majority of the month its up and running, I wouldnt say they fuck up all the time as you put it. They do however have to maintain the servers, hence we have maintenance which we know about, they give us approximate times, but things happen that can increase or decrease that time, you know every week there is going to be some downtime of sorts, so you should be aware of these situations.

    I get the frustrations, but it's not worth raging over, they are doing their best to get servers back up, all we can do is wait.

  19. #19
    Warchief Clevername's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    behind cover
    Posts
    2,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekrosislol View Post
    error 112 isnt a reinstall issue. Just keep trying to log in. Close wow and reopen a few times eventually it works and you dont have any problems afterwards. (It happened to me today)
    I would gladly do that but right now I'm stuck on a looping launcher, click 'play' and it just restarts the launcher.

  20. #20
    Imagine a world where people are patient and don't blame their shitty computer problems on the company who's product their trying to use.

    (While in the same sentence, both of the above comments are pretty irrelevant of each other, just two things I've noticed and would like to see change)
    #blizzisevilebecausetheyarepreventingmefromenjoyingtheirproductswithapricetag #blizzardisprovidinganadditionalservicethatpeopleaskedforandthepeoplewhodidntaskforitarepi ssedbecausetheywanteverythinghandedtothemlikeentitledassholes #whydoessubwaycharge5bucksforasandwichwhenicouldeatmyneighborsdogshitforfree #mcdonaldsmakesenoughmoneyishouldgettheirfoodforfree

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •