Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find it funny that most of the stuff in these are like "NOT ALL UNDERSTAND THAT FATTY STUFF IS NOT GOOD". How hard is it to figure out that stuff that has sugar and fat usually also contain a lot of energy.

Don't eat fruit, but eat peanut butter because it has "essential oils"? Carbohydrates are bad? What qualifications do you have, if any? Did you learn this off a Cheerios box? Protein bars (most are generally high calorie) are not good for overweight people looking to lose weight, especially if they aren't working out. "Vegetables fill you up, but have little or no calories." I think you're missing the point of you know, nutrition and nutritious eating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why avoid fat? Fat makes you happier and makes you feel more full, thus leading to less intake. Our obsession with fat-free foods is entirely misplaced, and based only on the fact that it has the most calories per gram. We neglect differences in metabolism of fat/carbs/proteins.

And avoid fruit? Fruit does not spike blood sugar nearly as much as things like soda. Yes, it has sugar, but it also has enzymes, vitamins, water, and fiber, which slow and aid digestion.

It isn't all about calorie intake. The simple fact that some people eat 3k a day and are underweight attests to this. It's more about changing your metabolism. You want to lose weight, go on the SCD diet if you can bear it, complete with making your own 24h yogurt. You can also look into things like changing flora, which has a lot to do with weight management. I'm sure bacteriotherapy might have some applications here if you're desperate.

Deleted
    Thanks, I bet this will change my life now.

It won't

Yeah, wtf is this thread. The "burn more calories than you consume" conception is all but obsolete. You hate mayo but say eating baked lays is ok?
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have an easier method: Eat less, move more. Avoid soda and other regular, unneccesary sugar intake. You don't need to completely remove it, having some candy at the end of the week is fine. It's that simple.

---------- Post added 2013-04-15 at 02:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rabidewok View Post
    Don't eat fruit, but eat peanut butter because it has "essential oils"? Carbohydrates are bad? What qualifications do you have, if any? Did you learn this off a Cheerios box? Protein bars (most are generally high calorie) are not good for overweight people looking to lose weight, especially if they aren't working out. "Vegetables fill you up, but have little or no calories." I think you're missing the point of you know, nutrition and nutritious eating.
    I agree. This guy's completely wrong. He's probably just read what others have said on the internet.
    Last edited by Noomz; 2013-04-15 at 02:35 AM.

I lost 40lbs last year by simply eating a little less (I didn't like sweets like donuts etc. as it is) and cutting out soda, soda is basically what made me overweight and once I cut it the weight came off even if I didn't exercise.

except....diet is actually worse for you than regular. Diet contains more sodium which causes you to retain more fluids in your body. It also contains Aspartame, which is poisonous when in high enough dosages and can turn into formaldehyde if left in the body for too long(Aspartame contains 10 percent Methanol)

When drinking diet soda you actually will want to eat more

Source: I'm a person who has had high blood pressure since I was 7. I have done far more research into Diet Soda vs Regular Soda than you have

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is so full of wrong it's more sad than funny, if you wanna lose weight see a nutritionist not a game forum, this post is not only incredibly wrong but potentially harmful. Best to move along. As someone who teaches nutrition classes for a bariatric surgery clinic i would not even try to generalize as much as the OP and i actually know what im talking about.

Ok, few people here are nutritionists but we can call out what is obviously bullshit.

For instance, many fruits have great vitamins but also have sugars so you shouldn't go over board. The main culprit is really fruit juices, but you have to say so because there is going to be some moron who thinks it's ok to eat 20 apples a day.

There are few foods it's ok to eat excessively and only a few that must be avoided scrupulously but a major problem with weight loss is people insisting on dividing foods into "good" and "bad" categories. That said, the enemy numero uno in 90% of these cases is people eating too much damn carbs. You really want to lose weight? Cut out all corn, soy, and wheat from your diet.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

10+ Year Old Account
    I lost 40 lb in the last 4 months simply by cutting what I ate by 1/3. I ate the exact same stuff, just 1/3 less of it. It really is that simple.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Deleted
    this isnt good info, some of it is relevant but most is outdated ideas, best way to lose weight, find out how much calories you need based on your weight and height, then cut by 500 each day, you will lose weight without having to try, stick to your macros bro,

YEAH weight loss thread on World of Warcraft forum woohoooo we're all experts. This thread is about as informative as BLood Legion's guide to eating while raiding 110 hours per week. Only on a WoW forum would you see people recommending Baked Lays and Diet Soda to lose weight lmao.

OP I hope you don't mind me copy/pasting this on Bodybuilding.com for amusement.
    Last edited by Trakanonn; 2013-04-15 at 03:00 AM.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    Ok, few people here are nutritionists but we can call out what is obviously bullshit.

For instance, many fruits have great vitamins but also have sugars so you shouldn't go over board. The main culprit is really fruit juices, but you have to say so because there is going to be some moron who thinks it's ok to eat 20 apples a day.

There are few foods it's ok to eat excessively and only a few that must be avoided scrupulously but a major problem with weight loss is people insisting on dividing foods into "good" and "bad" categories. That said, the enemy numero uno in 90% of these cases is people eating too much damn carbs. You really want to lose weight? Cut out all corn, soy, and wheat from your diet.
    You won't gain weight eating 20 apples a day. You won't gain weight if all you ate was apples

15+ Year Old Account
    secret to weight loss - download myfitnesspal to your phone, use it religiously and stick to the calories it says. exercise.

Deleted
    As long as your body burns more calories than you eat, you will lose weight, no matter what you eat. you could eat 2 cheeseburgers and 2 pizzas each day and drink nothing but soda, as long as you move enough you will lose weight. is that healthy? no, of course it's not, because your body also needs vitamins, fiber, calcium, some healthy fats etc.

the best way to lose weight is to do sports 2-3 times a week (start slow) and watch your diet. you dont have to completely avoid pizza/snacks/fastfood/sugar stuff, but you shouldnt eat those everyday. mix in fruits, vegetables and also yoghurt (low fat) is very good. if you want it sweet, mix in some stevia then it tastes really good.

i lost like 30kg in 8 months by working out 3 times a week and watching my diet, and i didnt even do any low carb stuff or anything. if you work out a lot, your body needs carbs, so as long as you move enough and do sports you can eat carbs, it's no problem.

you have to realize that nothing gonna change by doing nothing, you gotta get off your ass and move. then its easy

Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    YEAH weight loss thread on World of Warcraft forum woohoooo we're all experts. This thread is about as informative as BLood Legion's guide to eating while raiding 110 hours per week. Only on a WoW forum would you see people recommending Baked Lays and Diet Soda to lose weight lmao.

OP I hope you don't mind me copy/pasting this on Bodybuilding.com for amusement.
    He ripped it off http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...t=81315&page=1

A thread started in 2002, last edited in 2006.

At best this info is 7 years out of date anyway.

Lost nearly two stone in two months (15 -> 13), all I did was reduce my saturated fat intake to as close to 0 as possible (usually about 2-3 grams per day is what I ended on).

Simples.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Lost nearly two stone in two months (15 -> 13), all I did was reduce my saturated fat intake to as close to 0 as possible (usually about 2-3 grams per day is what I ended on).

Simples.
    Two stone in two months? Just by cutting saturated fat?

Did you do any exercise? What were you eating?

Quote Originally Posted by Zildjian View Post
    Two stone in two months? Just by cutting saturated fat?

Did you do any exercise? What were you eating?
    Only exercise I got was going to work where I would run up 136 stairs in the morning. As for foods? Pretty much eat nothing but salad and the odd piece of fruit when I felt tired, every other weekend I took Saturday off and treated myself to whatever I fancied for dinner, usually involved a lot of doughy lovelyness.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh