Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

WoW: Bloodsworn - Mysterious race?

I guess this would go in General discussions.

Anyways, is it obvious what the race is? Am I being a moron?

Or are there any theories as to what they are?

"As the Cataclysm rips through Azeroth, Warchief Garrosh Hellscream orders the best warriors of the Horde to come forward and serve in a new army, lest their foes in the Alliance sense weakness and attack. We meet these warriors as they come forward – from very different lands, backgrounds, traditions…

Will they be able to overcome their deep differences and work together to serve the Horde, especially when challenged by a powerful, unfamiliar race claiming to be the real rulers of Azeroth?"

I wouldn't think any races that were under the rule of the Old Gods would be stupid enough to call themselves the real rulers.

But then again, any race that we don't know much about could fit the bill.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Deleted
    no idea, but magistor bloodsworn is the bloodelf who created bloodknights from the captured Narruu, not sure if they are connected somehow.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure it's Mogu
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's Mogu
    "From both the summary and the amount of time its been in development, it looks as though Bloodsworn takes place prior to Mists of Pandaria. While we likely won't see any of our pandaren pals, getting a closer look at the Horde and Hellscream's war machine during the tumultuous events of Cataclysm is apt to be fascinating. And what's up with that powerful, unfamiliar race? Ordinarily I'd say mogu, but I doubt we're dealing with Mists content.
    "

from http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/03/12/ne...teaser-images/

ive never reeally read the comics, it sounds most likely to be mogu really, but the comic takes place before MoP

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Mogu existed before events of MoP, they were ancient allies of Zandalari anyway. And jsut like Pandarens managed to be in lore before events of MoP. Mogu can too.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Well Mogu existed before events of MoP, they were ancient allies of Zandalari anyway. And jsut like Pandarens managed to be in lore before events of MoP. Mogu can too.
    How can they claim to be the rulers of Azeroth when they're confined to only a small island in the south? That's quite the exxageration if you ask me. So I don't think Mogu is a likely answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    How can they claim to be the rulers of Azeroth when they're confined to only a small island in the south? That's quite the exxageration if you ask me. So I don't think Mogu is a likely answer.
    I think we would've noticed/the pandaren would have told us that the Mogu left Pandaria at some point.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mogu participated in creation of Azeroth. Pandaria just holds the cradle of life which they built there in the Valley and guard/rule over (after flesh curse)
    That is they are not confined

Deleted
    You might be reading this wrong:

"claiming to be the real rulers of Azeroth" - so they claim they are the rulers of Azeroth, but it doesn't mean they have any support of their theory. This doesn't make them titans or something.
    Furthermore, based on the name, Bloodsworn, it reminds me somewhat of those naga tribes names like Bloodtide, Serpent Coil etc. And it sort of fits, naga go claim to be the real rulers of Azeroth. They could be a tribe of naga.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cept, Naga are not unfamiliar

Deleted
    I don't know much, but is it possible the Mogu thought there was no other world outside of Pandaria?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, they created the world while serving Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    You might be reading this wrong:

"claiming to be the real rulers of Azeroth" - so they claim they are the rulers of Azeroth, but it doesn't mean they have any support of their theory. This doesn't make them titans or something.
    Furthermore, based on the name, Bloodsworn, it reminds me somewhat of those naga tribes names like Bloodtide, Serpent Coil etc. And it sort of fits, naga go claim to be the real rulers of Azeroth. They could be a tribe of naga.
    Except they are also described as being "unfamiliar".

Naga might of been unfamiliar back in TFT, but they haven't been for some time.

Personally? I don't think we are dealing with any established race in Warcraft lore. I think Blizzard is seeding in a new threat to use in the long term. There are only so many times we can keep retreading old ground, and if WoW is still going strong in the long term then we'll need some other threat to deal with and it's better to be something that's at least loosely established in Warcraft lore.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

I would presume them to be the Faceless.

They're rather unfamiliar and have some claim to being the true rulers of Azeroth.

Can't be Mogu. This takes place before MoP and the mists only disappeared couple weeks before MoP when Chen/Li li broguht the Pearl of Pandaria to the mists. All in the Quest for Pandaria story.

It's much more likely to be faceless ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Chen (a pandaren) happened to be outside Pandaria before MoP - so could Mogu.

15+ Year Old Account
    In many of the earlier released artwork the characters were shown fighting centaurs, so I think it's likely that the race may have a connection to Deepholme and Therazane, but that's just speculation for now.

They started work on this comic like a year before Cataclysm was even released so I wouldn't expect it to be an MoP tie-in, except maybe for some Seige of Orgrimmar stuff, since it's about an elite Horde militia organized by Garrosh (most likely the "Bloodsworn").

It was originally going to be a monthly series called World of Warcraft: Horde that would run along with the original WoW comic, which was going to be renamed World of Warcraft: Alliance. Then Darkhorse and DC Comics went through changes and they decided to change those two series into graphic novels, becoming Bloodsworn and Dark Riders, respectively.

No, they created the world while serving Titans
    Have a source on that line?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Zandalari seem to fit the bill.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    Have a source on that line?
    Go wowpedia, search Mogu, XXI century my ass.