Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Pet Battle Achievements, damn snowy owl

So I am doing the Kalimdor Safari Tamer achievement. And I found out that the damn Snowy Owl only spawns from the months of November to March. UGH. I guess I won't have to worry about getting Minfernal anytime soon.

I will grab that one when I can if not up in the spring. I have the east kingdoms achieve done.

F*&K the Minfernal, that pet I don't care what anyone says is a Myth I have been camping that little bastard since December. I have yet to see even one, I have a rare battle stone waiting for him the second I do find one I don't care what it is. I was lucky to get a Snowy Owl though, hopefully the summer pet will have a decent spawn rate.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Make a toon on The Venture Co. and you're pretty much guaranteed a Minfernal. I made a night elf and did a death run all the way to Felwood and got there in less time than it would have taken to finish the DK starting area (which is what alot of people say to do). Within 30-40 min of creating the toon, I had a Minfernal (poor quality) in my book and just logged over to my main with a magic stone to make it rare.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    F*&K the Minfernal, that pet I don't care what anyone says is a Myth I have been camping that little bastard since December. I have yet to see even one, I have a rare battle stone waiting for him the second I do find one I don't care what it is. I was lucky to get a Snowy Owl though, hopefully the summer pet will have a decent spawn rate.
    Best to jump on immediately after a server restart. There are a bunch up. The problem is after that, only the odd one pops up here and there, making it very hard to camp.

Well I am down to four. Minfernal, Snowy Owl, the Summer pet and the damn Giraffe thing in souther barrens. So next up is the Pandaria Safari one.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Giraffe is really rare as well, keep checking it a few times a day, it's not heavily farmed, but still rare.

I have caught every pet in game except Minfernal as well, and I have almost all in rare quality, but this one just won't spawn Also missing summer pet, but so does everyone else
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Got the giraffe today. Two of them had spawned which was a good thing cause I crit on one and killed it.

Make a DK on ventur Co. (unaffected by CRZ) you will find like 7 or 8 minfernals just chilling there waiting to be plucked.

Just have a little respect for the server, its a pet hunting server. So catch one, then move on, dont start going through all the spawns and ganking people.

I did this and got all the remaining rare pets i needed except the quiraji guardling which hasnt spawned yet.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Of cose it exists. Here is a proff:

Qiraji Guardling is the last pet i miss myself. It spawns at 1.st june.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    It is my last pet as well.

I had more problems getting Baby Ape than Minifernal.

4 days of camping the isle till it rained and 1 day to capture my minifernal

Sorry to hear about your frustration poster.
    Only a couple months till you can get it again

Deleted

i got it while leveling mining on my monk alt a while back :P only poor quality one though

im lucky i got the snowy owl already, im waiting for the summer pet in silithus to spawn still :<

---------- Post added 2013-04-10 at 08:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinezor View Post
    It is my last pet as well.

I had more problems getting Baby Ape than Minifernal.

4 days of camping the isle till it rained and 1 day to capture my minifernal

Sorry to hear about your frustration poster.
    Only a couple months till you can get it again

gah baby ape. fuck that ape! not seen it rain once in Stranglethorn since mop! i had an alt parked there for ages checking quite often, gave up last month as i had never seen it rain!

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    gah baby ape. fuck that ape! not seen it rain once in Stranglethorn since mop! i had an alt parked there for ages checking quite often, gave up last month as i had never seen it rain!
    Rain duration of 15 - 20 mins with a chance of never raining.
    /Blizz troll
    Last edited by Sanguinezor; 2013-04-10 at 07:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinezor View Post
    Rain duration of 15 - 20 mins with a chance of never raining.
    /Blizz troll
    If you want a ape do this:
    Go to the island and check if its raining. If not go too the 1.st posible closest zone (so crz kick in).
    Then relog.
    And go back into that zone.
    Repeat this 10 times if you have too.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Baby Ape I got lucky. Put toon down there and the next day it was raining. The Artic Fox was a different story. Took about two weeks to get one of those.

---------- Post added 2013-04-11 at 10:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    Make a DK on ventur Co. (unaffected by CRZ) you will find like 7 or 8 minfernals just chilling there waiting to be plucked.

Just have a little respect for the server, its a pet hunting server. So catch one, then move on, dont start going through all the spawns and ganking people.

I did this and got all the remaining rare pets i needed except the quiraji guardling which hasnt spawned yet.
    It took a second day but this worked for me. I might make a DK just because the death run takes a long time. And if it doesn't spawn that fast you are better off with a DK to kill mobs.

Now I am just waiting on the summer pet and the winter snowy owl. All the others are accounted for. Time to work on raiding with leashese and Mr. Bigglesworth.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only missing the Snowy Owl and Qiraji Guardling. Have every other achievement done

10+ Year Old Account
    Only one I still need is Qiraji Guardling.

I hated the Baby Ape, mostly because the island it's on was different weather then the rest of Cape of Stranglethorn. You arrive at Cape, see the rain just pouring down, head to the isle, and it suddenly turns into a heat wave.

For the Minfernal, I just made a DK on a PvP RP server. Even with CRZ, it was empty. Had a bunch of minfernals just waiting for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    It's the last pet i miss too, and best advice i can give is:
    DO NOT CAMP! I've captured all my pets by placing an alt at the spawn point and logging once-twice a day for a quick check. I even got Minfernal with this trick.
    I confess i had to make four-five checks a day for the Scourged Whelpling, but that was it.
    It takes time of course, but at least you take it easy and can sleep well at night.