10+ Year Old Account

Slow debuffs on a NPC target

Its been awhile and I pretty much forgot how this works, if target has lets say 70% slow movement debuff, would my ice trap (50% slow) would add to the previous debuff or will the 70% override my debuff and not let stun from entrapment happen?

First off, entrapment is a root, and I believe it procs on the ice trap proccing no matter what, if the mob is capable of being rooted.

Secondly, Ice trap will overwrite any equal or lower slow (50%). Then, when they come out of ice trap, they will be unslowed. Buggy behavior, been true since at least DS, I wasn't allowed to trap the blood adds on H-madness because it overwrote our warrior's piercing howl.

Thirdly, Ice Trap shouldn't overwrite a 70% slow. The root proc should still work, but if you're talking about Tortos (which is where this question is most relevant in this tier except for maybe Council) the turtles are unrootable afaik.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    First off, entrapment is a root, and I believe it procs on the ice trap proccing no matter what, if the mob is capable of being rooted.

Secondly, Ice trap will overwrite any equal or lower slow (50%). Then, when they come out of ice trap, they will be unslowed. Buggy behavior, been true since at least DS, I wasn't allowed to trap the blood adds on H-madness because it overwrote our warrior's piercing howl.

Thirdly, Ice Trap shouldn't overwrite a 70% slow. The root proc should still work, but if you're talking about Tortos (which is where this question is most relevant in this tier except for maybe Council) the turtles are unrootable afaik.
    Thank you for the feedback and yes it was meant for Tortos