LastLast

Lets get FABULOUS

A few new town clothing was implemented today. Just a few shirts:

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/news/1...the-gem-store/

It's a start :/

Hmm, I feel like I'm looking at the TSW item shop

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Hmm, I feel like I'm looking at the TSW item shop
    I feel like I'm looking at a water downed version of the TSW item shop in which almost all of its clothing is only usable when you arn't in combat, take fall damage, or get accidentally hit by a passing mob.

Seriously enough of this bull crap town clothing, just make them transmutable into our real armor we use 90% of the time.

Yeah I agree with that. Overall I'm terribly disappointed in how the town clothes was implemented.

GW1 had a much better system for costumes. I love GW2, I play it much more than any other game right now. But in a few significant ways it took a step back from GW1.

Erm.. still spending 0$ in the GW2 cash shop if this is what they have to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Erm.. still spending 0$ in the GW2 cash shop if this is what they have to offer.
    only thing I buy is transmutation stones to transmute the gear I actually use most of the game.

I haven't equipped town clothing since.... beta

you don't get T-Stones up the wazoo from zone completions and dailies? I have over 50 fine t-stones in my bank (plus over a 100 of the regular ones).

Is it wrong that in my head I read the title of this thread in a very stereotypical gay man's voice? haha

OT: In my opinion I don't think A-Net are really utilising their cash shop to it's fullest extent, I want to buy things off there but there is hardly anything worth buying.

There are some cool skins on there but the only things I've bought off the cash shop is extra character slots, unidentified dyes and a character re-design.

Id spend $0 in the gem store no matter what they offer. Thats what gold conversion is for.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    you don't get T-Stones up the wazoo from zone completions and dailies? I have over 50 fine t-stones in my bank (plus over a 100 of the regular ones).
    No, from daily's I keep getting the regular t stones I have like 160 of those all useless to me. Zone completion is the same thing. I can't get 80 tstones to drop from anything...

---------- Post added 2013-04-08 at 06:30 PM ----------

Is it wrong that in my head I read the title of this thread in a very stereotypical gay man's voice? haha
    That was the intent, though I wanted more sarcasm in it because the gem shop is garbage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonX View Post

OT: In my opinion I don't think A-Net are really utilising their cash shop to it's fullest extent, I want to buy things off there but there is hardly anything worth buying.

There are some cool skins on there but the only things I've bought off the cash shop is extra character slots, unidentified dyes and a character re-design.
    I agree, they've been taking a really conservative approach to the cash shop. I got gems but nothing to spend them on!
    I recently bought $20 for the WvW culling fix and another $20 for SAB. Got the Super Minis and a bank tab and that's it.

These fashions don't appeal to me, I like my pirate look with the aviator shades better

Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I haven't equipped town clothing since.... beta
    Bbbwwwhaha. Same!

The most trivial cash shop of them all. I remember when people were worried about GW2's cs being "pay 2 win" and other nonsense.

This puffy shirt is breaking the game. XD

Bbbwwwhaha. Same!

The most trivial cash shop of them all. I remember when people were worried about GW2's cs being "pay 2 win" and other nonsense.

This puffy shirt is breaking the game. XD
    I know right, I was expectin a GW1 cash shop where the clothes could be used in combat.

I was so hoping for a kormir outfit in gw2 like gw1...

Hate Kormir. What a bish...

At least Rurik was in it for realsie.

Remember The Searing 2k5. Never Forget.

Edit: More seriously, though. Why don't they add like classic GW1 sets to the CS? They already have some that are a mish-mash of the classic gear. Like the Krytan set and stuff. But I really loved Paragon armor...

First comment was the best:

Good, maybe once they run out of ideas for different shirts, they'll get to making more real armor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Talking about town clothes: is there more clothing to get in the open world than the hat from the panzer repairing in Iron Marches?

Pretty nice to place a few in the open world, but I can't even find the hat I got on the big database sites. Also, minis.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    Talking about town clothes: is there more clothing to get in the open world than the hat from the panzer repairing in Iron Marches?

Pretty nice to place a few in the open world, but I can't even find the hat I got on the big database sites. Also, minis.
    it seems the hat is the only free town clothing in game

You can get pretty fabulous if you do town clothing to their fullest extent. We've got the king of fab in our guild, pink hair, a smile, sunglasses, a flying broom, a pelted coat..

10+ Year Old Account
    Costumes are so shit compared to GW1... I mean really, they released a couple shirts... COOL CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY HANDS ON THAT /NAWT

Also can't wait to combat in my new costume /NAWT

10+ Year Old Account
    I have bought Krytan Armor Set, Transmutation gems, Name change, Total Makeover Kits and Dye packs but i never touched town clothes on the gem shop and probably never will. They are so useless , was exploring Hoelbrak on my Norn the other day on Town clothes, fell off 2 feet from the ramps, bammm insta Armor equipped. It disrupts my immersion! =p