https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en

Player vs. Player
    World vs. World
    Achievements

---------- Post added 2013-04-08 at 12:00 PM ----------

The blog....
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/i..._source=client
    Valar morghulis

The leaderboards now show the top 1000 players instead of the top 100 players as it did yesterday.

I'm a bit confused on how the ratings works in WvW. Do they get more up/down the more you won/lost in terms of points compared to last match?

10+ Year Old Account
    Leaderboards are useless, it's all dependent on how many dailies you've done instead of actually doing in game achievements. They obviously didn't put much thought into this at all, as always. Around 40-50% of their points will be from grinding dailies since the game came out, meaning it's impossible for new players to make the top list. I never did dailies until laurels came out and I only have 3k achievements, I would never even get the chance and I've been playing since beta. Lol.

Dailies can't have that much to do with it. I've done every daily since the beginning and in some cases multiple times a day (after patch resets) and I only have ~4k achievement points, which is almost half that of the #1 spot.

Maybe there will be periodic leaderboard resets like in Rift. Although it does seem rather threadbare- 3 categories, 2/3rds of which are PVP?

Um...

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...vement_points/

Dailies/monthlies have quite an impact (3636 total)

Well, that's including PvP dailies/monthlies. Scared me for a minute because that'd mean only ~1k of my achievement points were from actually playing the game and I knew it had to be more than that. :P

Ofcourse but still 3.7k AP that new players just lose is a feeling I don't like.

---------- Post added 2013-04-10 at 03:44 AM ----------

I'm top 1000 lol.

Deleted
    Anyone figured how the sPvP one works? On EU there is people with under 50 games played 60% w/l ratio, above people with over 200 games and a 75%+ w/l.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's an MMR rating, so it depends on who you won/lost against.
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    Whats the point of the PVE one? o_O I do understand that some people like to be competetive in PVP.

People like to be competitive in PvE as well (hence all the world first posts)

PvE is heavily designed to be cooperative - in every aspect. I can't see a real point either. Once you have leaderboards for PvE this would hurt cooperation imho.

I really don't get how you can hurt cooperation when all that's being looked at is achievement points.

They might at timers for dungeons but the same thing applies. People who are into speedrunning are selective now as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    People like to be competitive in PvE as well (hence all the world first posts)
    Well I do understand that for raids and various world first things but this is just for Achievement Points. I dont personally care for such things, just could not see the point in it

I really don't get how you can hurt cooperation when all that's being looked at is achievement points.

They might at timers for dungeons but the same thing applies. People who are into speedrunning are selective now as well.
    What do achievement points do in this game to make comparisons for PvE meaningful? You get tons of achievementpoints for WvW / sPvP.

I never said they were meaningful... I have no clue why you make that remark.

I never said they were meaningful... I have no clue why you make that remark.
    if not for a meaningful comparison, for what exactly do you want PvE-Leaderboards?

You really think there's a meaningful comparison in PvP or WvW? Leaderboards almost never are actually meaningful since they assume that if person a has beaten person b and person c has beaten person a, person c would also win from person b.

There really isn't much of a difference between "who has most AP" and "who has most win%"