Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    No I'm not really scared of anything related to zombies.

- Am I scared of getting infected with a zombie virus (say by air, water, etc.) and dying from it?
    -> No.

Why? There are a ton of biological weapons out there that do indeed spread by air or water. Why should I be more scared to get infected (and dying) from a zombie virus than any other virus that would kill me. I'm dead either way.

- Am I scared of the classic zombie scenario?
    -> No.

The premise of most zombie movies (the walking dead included) is that zombies do not have to feed and stay functional for an extended period of time (at least a few years). This premise is complete bullshit and can never be realized due to basic physics and biology (a zombie would essentially be a perpetuum mobile).

- Am I scared of the modern zombie scenario?
    -> No.

The modern zombie scenario (for example displayed in 28 days later) works on the premise that zombies are essentially 'rabid' humans that kill and eat other humans yet die when they run out of food. This means those 'zombies' will die after 1-3 months (depending on what metabolism rate you go by).

I have a storage cellar with a steel door and barred windows that is impossible to be broken into without the use of heavy tools. I usually have a supply of water and food down there which (rationed) could keep me alive for at least 6 months so I'm sure that I could wait it out.

As you can see there is no reason to by scared by a zombie apocalypse.
    Last edited by mmocb100f50513; 2013-04-09 at 12:08 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorondil View Post
    I also don't understand how people might actually think about such a scenario and plan their survival.
    I don't understand either. Why the hype surrounding zombies? It's never going to happen. And even if it did, it wouldn't be cool at all.

Deleted
    isn't there some sorta parasite that infects ants effectively taking control of them and forcing them to attack other ants to spread itself? Am sure I read about it a few years back.

I only recall because I remember thinking "holy cow imagine if that worked on humans!"

I watch that show, i really have no fear off any zombie stuff unless it's genetic like in Resident evil or whatever.

Movie stuff doesn't stress me out because the people who get what's coming are slow and not aware of the surroundings, like a normal person would be, lol.

What about it freaks you out? Being overwhelmed by a lot of slow moving types and then catching a freshy fast bastard on the horizon really gets me on edge.

But not in movies, i always see it coming sadly. Video games are way better for the scary stuff.. immerse yourself in Dead Island for poopy underwear adventures

Deleted
    If you knew what diseases exist on our blue planet, you would think zombies are kindergarten safe.

Viral diseases should scare the living shit out of you, I'm certainly afraid of em'.

Edit: I just saw you talked about rabies, its the most deadly virus on planet earth. But luckily there is no mutated version... yet. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    If some sort of apocalypse was on its way, I would FUCKING LOVE it if was caused by a virus similar to that in the walking dead. People focusing on living instead of stressing over "that bitch that got my job". Fuck yeah.
    I'd rather stress over: "that bitch that got my job" instead of: that bitch got a gun on my head and stole all of my food, and might kill me just about now, because there is no law to stop him.

---------- Post added 2013-04-09 at 03:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wikkr View Post
    isn't there some sorta parasite that infects ants effectively taking control of them and forcing them to attack other ants to spread itself? Am sure I read about it a few years back.

I only recall because I remember thinking "holy cow imagine if that worked on humans!"
    Toxoplasmosis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxoplasmosis
    Last edited by mmocda5509483c; 2013-04-09 at 01:11 PM.

be afraid of the zombie they will hunt you muwahahaawa. zombie can happen just like anything else that happens, zombies they come from the grave can not. zombies that are infected people can happen simply. its impossible to say how the zombies would react to the elements and whatnot because you cant apply logic where logic doesn't exist. i lol when people completely dismiss the possibility of zombies/infected. the truth is the more people screw around with science that effect the body the more of a possibility it becomes. nanotechnology is scary dude.... i got my BOL and gear ready for any event.
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    A virus the turns people into undead, that for some stupid reason have to eat flesh to... remain dead? Ain't gonna happen. Maybe the "real world zombie virus" just makes them like zombies, but still remain as human as ever? Or turn them into lizardpeople?

There is no point in living in fear that something might happen. Maybe we will get nuked to death tomorrow? Super volcano erupting? Huge asteroid colliding with Earth? A new virus that kills half the people? Or just some lunatic gunning you down because you looked at him funny?

Shitloads of reasons that might kill us any day. If you need something to fear, pick something that isn't in the realm of fiction or INCREDIBLY improbable.
    From what I can understand, a lot of movies and zombie "lore" is based on a virus attacking the brain and nerv system. What this virus does is not just "turning people into brain urging undead" but rather keeps the body living in a simple instinct based form.
    So basicly like a wild animal. Kinda eat, sleep, reproduce-state.

Except the part where the body is dead and won't "repair" itself by reproducing cels and they don't keep the instinct to re-produce. So it's really only the part of the brain that controlls the body movement and makes them want to eat.

Somewhat on topic: It's actually possible for a human being to "live" with only those parts of the "brain" btw.... A while ago i read something about a baby born with only the brain stem and not the rest of the brain. Doctors said (s)he wouldn't live long, and that (s)he wouldn't have any feelings and wouldn't be able to work normaly as a normal human being because, well, (s)he didn't have a brain. So it was just the basic eat/sleep part left.
    At the time i read this i think (s)he was already 2-3 years old and by then already passed the time the doctors said (s)he would live.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillieB View Post
    Well the shadow-priest ain't a daffodil tooting snuggle bunny either. Besides this is the priest forum not gonna get much love for that line of reasoning here locky-loo - All your sha are belonging to us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agoonga View Post
    I have an irrational fear of arachnids, centipedes and sea creatures with exoskeletons. I'm not afraid of a large scale threat of any kind.
    ^this.. I don't give a fuck about zombies..

10+ Year Old Account
    Only thing that scares me is that I weigh 350 pounds and there ain't a chance in hell that I'm going to out run a zombie. So you're welcome for me being zombie bait...