Heroic Primordius, DW Blood?

Just a random thought I had, seeing how tanks get a buff the does 20k unmitigated damage per hit on primordius from the adds would it be worth it to DW some 1h weapons while the buff is up if we hard cap expertise? I haven't run any napkin paper math yet, but it seemed like something that could be worthwhile if the buff's damage makes up for the loss in dps from not using a 2h.

Primordius hits tanks extremely hard, does he not? Even if it was an increase, wouldn't that be needlessly risky for the tank?

Parry haste isn't a thing any more.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I`ve seen, it is procced by abilities too, and it has a 1.5s "cd". Realistically, it`s just a bonus that you won`t be able to influence much (of course, outside of how many stacks you are actually taking). I`m not 100% sure, but these have been my findings.

If it does have an internal cooldown then that pretty much kills that idea. Oh well, thanks for the quick response.

It only deals damage to the blobs anyway ?!

Quote Originally Posted by maky13 View Post
    As far as I`ve seen, it is procced by abilities too, and it has a 1.5s "cd". Realistically, it`s just a bonus that you won`t be able to influence much (of course, outside of how many stacks you are actually taking). I`m not 100% sure, but these have been my findings.

This log I pulled from wol has procs at least 1.2 seconds apart and it occurs fairly often.

Quote Originally Posted by Guts the Black Swordsman View Post
    Just a random thought I had, seeing how tanks get a buff the does 20k unmitigated damage per hit on primordius from the adds would it be worth it to DW some 1h weapons while the buff is up if we hard cap expertise? I haven't run any napkin paper math yet, but it seemed like something that could be worthwhile if the buff's damage makes up for the loss in dps from not using a 2h.
    I haven't checked every log but the one I checked indicated what I mentioned above. You could test it and see if you can get more procs, but unless it is significant, i doubt you would see an increase from the loss in weapon damage combined with the stat loss from hard capping expertise.

I am talking about the heroic only buff from the big add, not the one you get from primordius that does damage to the little blob adds.

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    This log I pulled from wol has procs at least 1.2 seconds apart and it occurs fairly often.
    What confuses me is that the procs seem to be exactly 1.2 seconds apart which is kind of odd since it's impossible to have exactly 1.2 seconds between each attack.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    There`s probably some latency involved (both server-side and from the person combatlogging). The average is somewhere around 1.5 sec according to my calculations. It has to be proc`ed by something else than melee swings (seeing as 2H has swing timers of >2s), but it has to be some sort of cd on it else you`d often see two procs within 0.5sec (when a swing would line up with an ability).