Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    Skip SAO, you'll only end up bitterly disappointed after watching it.
    That is false, while it might not be as good as it was portrayed, it is by no means a bad show.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    That is false, while it might not be as good as it was portrayed, it is by no means a bad show.
    It's ludicrously overhyped and overrated. After the second half of the first season, even diehard fans were in uproar over how horrible it became. It's watchable, but that's where it's praise ends.

Agree on going for Baccano, also try out Durarara. I'd assume must will not agree with me from what I've seen but I believe it to be better then Baccano.

I would not suggest D.Gery man to be honest. I just could not get into it. If you want an anime like that go for soul eater. Far far better imo and even though the ending was bad it is still a very good anime for 50 and a half episodes. And when they did there version of the filler you find in one piece and other such amines (ie run out of the original material and get other writers to do it), the quality of the writing does not really drop until the very end

Also blue exorcist is alright, I wouldn't go much further then that. But hey it's a bit like fairy tail, just without as much action and a weaker story and weaker characters, but its okay to burn a few hours I suppose. I would recommend it over D.Grey man any day

Deleted
    Rourini Kenshin is awesome! It was very hard to find the last 20 episodes subbed for me though.

It's ludicrously overhyped and overrated. After the second half of the first season, even diehard fans were in uproar over how horrible it became. It's watchable, but that's where it's praise ends.
    Ethos, I can't love you any more than I already do.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Ethos, I can't love you any more than I already do.
    Its so odd to see you without the little 'banned' tag!

i would say fate zero is a top pick one of the best

Deleted
    Gurren lagann
    Cowboy Bebop

Seriously, these:

Gungrave
    Berserk
    Rurouni Kenshin (stop after the Kyoto arc)
    Rurouni Kenshin OVAs
    Anohana
    Madoka

Gungrave is my favorite anime ever.

Attack on Titan, there is only 3 episodes out right now and you can watch it in 720p on youtube if it hasn't been removed yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exoblade View Post
    Attack on Titan, there is only 3 episodes out right now and you can watch it in 720p on youtube if it hasn't been removed yet.
    not to mention the just shere badass factor of the show in general.

It only had about 25 episodes but check out 07-Ghost. It's at times a little depressing but still one of my favorite animes to date, came across it while Dattebayo was still subbing the new eps of Bleach and he started on that series.

10+ Year Old Account
    You seem to enjoy action shonen so I'll suggest a few, along with some more character-driven series to expand your tastes.

Soul Eater - Very nice action series, great soundtrack and English dub, unique art style. Doesn't take itself too seriously most of the time.
    Darker than Black - More realistic, nice soundtrack. English dub available but I can't vouch for it as I only watched subbed. Solid 9/10 and I don't give high ratings lightly.
    Baccano - A rare 10/10 series. Set in 1930s America following various gangsters and ruffians with different goals. Amazing soundtrack and English dub. Set in the same universe as DRRR.
    Durarara - Less action than the first two but more great writing from author of Baccano. Expect the same quality. Thoroughly engaging plot with well done twists.
    Mirai Nikki - No shortage of violence here. 12 people in a survival game. Each given a different way of seeing the future, last one standing becomes God.

Deleted
    wow actually I started watching sao a week ago and had to drop it right as the second part started....it didn't even take one episode to realize the downfall this anime had made.I retried watching it of course,but I only arrived 2 episodes further and I definitely dropped it.I can't tell you how right you are,so dissapointing.

I dipped out on SAO at episode 9. Attack on Titan is pretty badass though, Its on Crunchyroll and I think Funimations youtube channel. Its really worth checking into.

Deleted
    similar to what you want..

hellsing ultimate
    cowboy bebop
    code geass
    desert punk
    FLCL
    Lupin III
    tower of druaga

missing out if you keep to the same stuff though imo.

Check out Cromartie High if you want some good laughs.

Madoka Magica, Attack on Titan, Gurren Lagann.
    Theres more but these 3 have a special part in my heart.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Attack on Titan
    not even touching this until its finished airing.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    not even touching this until its finished airing.
    I've been reading the manga, the show seems to be put together quite well when you compare it to it's manga variant.
    Sadly enough I have too much time and usually can not wait for a show to finish so I take it with bite-size chunks.
    So far it's been a masterpiece but yeah, we're only 4 episodes in.