Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    a rant about LFR

    this morning i was unlucky enough to be in possibly the worst lfr group i have heard of. just to start this, im currently a guild-less 514 ilvl ele shaman and i do a fair bit of dps, [Colles on emerald dream]. now then, the trash. both tanks were dying to something? but when they died i would pick up the threat, because chain lightning? then they were ressed they refused to take the mobs back claiming i had pulled them.

    now to the first boss and to me being mildly infuriated, the fight went fine as a whole, this was not a bad group of players. just a few bad people, the fight was executed correctly however a priest would grip me from the pool the second i would use cool-downs, i still comfortably did 230k dps, 50k ahead of the next but its not the point. he went out of his way to frustrate me. checking him after the fight he was an officer of a guild. now as i said before I'm a guild-less 514 ilvl shammy doing a lot of dps, surely the officer or a guild would act slightly less childish towards me on the off-chance i could be recruitment potential. during the next lot of trash somebody ninja pulled and i was gripped to them by the priest. i was killed during this and both the tanks and the priest blamed me and i was kicked. yet only 1 person in the group even questioned it and the guy who ninja pulled admitted it long before the vote had began (lag issues or something) I'm not a child and i don't care when people get abusive online. however these people went out of their way to make sure i was unhappy. and i was being an exceptional player. i honestly felt like i was being bullied and because i didn't care about it they just kicked me and i have to waste my time doing the first boss again.

    Oh also I'm guild-less because I have just transferred but i actually have a guild, still its not on. people like that are the reason guilds die.

    sorry for the rant but i had to vent a little and the people who usually listen to my crap aren't online.

    ~Colles

  2. #2
    Dude, the problem is not that you are in the worst LFR group ever, the problem is that you are the worst kind of player to have in LFR.

    Warning; Don't label people. (by Sonnillon)
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-04-13 at 02:39 PM.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    Dude, the problem is not that you are in the worst LFR group ever, the problem is that you are the worst kind of player to have in LFR.
    I think you did not read what he wrote?

    OT: I have never had something like that happen, not without any kind of explanation. "I am guildless" is none. You should have checked if there were other people from his guild in that lfr. A group of guildies in lfr while being on vent/ts can explain stuff like that. I am not proud of it, but doing something to irritate other people just so that you and the other people on ts can laugh about it, is something I think most people have actually tried (me included). And I really do try to be a nice guy even in the worst of lfr's. I would imagine they were like... "hah see that person who is beating me on dps? Grip him during ascendance."

    I just stopped chatting in most lfr's. This seems to lead to the best experience for me. If people are flaming each other about who pulled the trash, just keep quiet (unless it was you). You do your thing (destroy the dps meters and do the fight) and noone will mind that.
    Nobody likes the loud elitist.
    Everybody likes the silent but great player who does his job.
    Last edited by Karlzone; 2013-04-13 at 01:37 PM.

  4. #4
    Moderator Nobleshield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tampa Bay, Florida
    Posts
    4,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    I think you did not read what he wrote?
    I think the implication there was that he was a good player in LFR who actually knows what they're doing and is competent, instead of the typical mouth-breather who AFKs and screws up mechanics.
    NOBLESHIELD
    Raids & Dungeons Moderator | Twitch Stream | Wayniac#1291


  5. #5
    So you got kicked from LFR? So what?

    I have been in previous LFR where they specifically kicked the top three DPS after the first fight because they were so elitist about it. You dont really need too much DPS in LFR to pull through and saying you were above others isn't really proving anything. You are geared enough, and everyone else it trying to get gear.

    And yes, people can be mean. Welcome to LFR.

  6. #6
    I wouldn't run LFR on weekends if you want to keep your sanity

  7. #7
    Guide to LFR:
    Don't talk, just play. Do your thing, don't tell baddies that they are bad, don't do too much dps to avoid intimidating them. Just relax, have some fun, ignore them and you keep your sanity.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by xfreeder View Post
    Guide to LFR:
    Don't talk, just play. Do your thing, don't tell baddies that they are bad. Just relax, have some fun, ignore them and you keep your sanity.
    ^
    This. I didn't really agree with the "don't do too much dps" part, but besides that, I've been doing these during LFR, and most of my runs went well. After all, everything can be fixed with enough Determination (well, the buff).

  9. #9
    peace dude hehe

    Infracted; by Sonnillon
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-04-13 at 02:37 PM.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    I think the implication there was that he was a good player in LFR who actually knows what they're doing and is competent, instead of the typical mouth-breather who AFKs and screws up mechanics.
    We have a winner. LFR is a place where the competent mix with bads & trolls, you'll have to live with it I'm afraid matey. Oh, & in case anyone thinks I'm hating/being elitist or whatever, I only do LFR these days, I avoid the fire/bad stuff & know my rotation etc, & died to the maze on Durumu again this week, admittedly second maze on the 1st attempt but the principle is there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    [12:07:45] <+Radux> i think Bibi should post a super passive agressive message in there. like "OH NO LOVE FOR BIBI. I SEE HOW IT IS. YOU'RE WELCOME FOR CREATING THE SITE. CARRY ON."

    OH NO LOVE FOR BIBI. I SEE HOW IT IS. YOU'RE WELCOME FOR CREATING THE SITE. CARRY ON.

  11. #11
    Dreadlord Csnyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    sarasota
    Posts
    829
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    Dude, the problem is not that you are in the worst LFR group ever, the problem is that you are the worst kind of player to have in LFR.
    and you are the worst type of person to reply to him, you are rude and offer no reasons why you said what you said, you are a troll and you know it, your life is sad so you must try to make others sad also, you are whats wrong with this site, your type are poison the funny thing is the mods here love you for being such a troll.expect a job offer from them anyday

  12. #12
    Mechagnome BloodGutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dubai, UAE
    Posts
    614
    If you go into LFR expecting even decently skilled players then you are obviously going to get disappointed a lot of the time.

    Thankfully I raid normals and going into heroics next week so I never have to set foot in LFR unless I want some offspec tank gear or I'm running with friends.

  13. #13
    You got picked out because you stood out. Tallest trees catching the wind yada yada. Just be middle of the pack next time.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Csnyder View Post
    and you are the worst type of person to reply to him, you are rude and offer no reasons why you said what you said, you are a troll and you know it, your life is sad so you must try to make others sad also, you are whats wrong with this site, your type are poison the funny thing is the mods here love you for being such a troll.expect a job offer from them anyday
    Maybe he could have said it differently, but in all fairness, if he displayed the same attitude in LFR as he did here, which I believe is the point the dude you quoted was trying to make, then that could very well be the reason why this all happened. I'm not justifying here what happened to you OP, it sucks and I feel for you. But you do come off as a bit arrogant. I'm higher ilevel than you and I never, ever, received abuse in LFR that i can recall, save from one incident with a mage once. But then I'm not telling others they're bad, I'm not demanding respect because I'm a doing very respectable dps. If I speak in LFR, it's to inform people on how to do a fight (or how to do it in the future, such as "next time, pick up the red puddles guys").

    Of course we don't know what happened, what the conversation was before you received the abuse, maybe you were very nice and they were just a bunch of assholes with a bad day and you were the unlucky target. That's all possible. At the same time, you're not really showing the LFR people any respect either, and I believe if you want to receive respect, you should set the example first.

  15. #15
    Pandaren Monk Otiswhitaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,773
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    Maybe he could have said it differently, but in all fairness, if he displayed the same attitude in LFR as he did here, which I believe is the point the dude you quoted was trying to make, then that could very well be the reason why this all happened. I'm not justifying here what happened to you OP, it sucks and I feel for you. But you do come off as a bit arrogant. I'm higher ilevel than you and I never, ever, received abuse in LFR that i can recall, save from one incident with a mage once. But then I'm not telling others they're bad, I'm not demanding respect because I'm a doing very respectable dps. If I speak in LFR, it's to inform people on how to do a fight (or how to do it in the future, such as "next time, pick up the red puddles guys").

    Of course we don't know what happened, what the conversation was before you received the abuse, maybe you were very nice and they were just a bunch of assholes with a bad day and you were the unlucky target. That's all possible. At the same time, you're not really showing the LFR people any respect either, and I believe if you want to receive respect, you should set the example first.
    Pretty much this :x Quality of play is zero reason to treat anyone badly, ever, and if anyone thinks it is, you've got serious mental problems, or jacked up priorities.

  16. #16
    douchebags in wow is new ... if you ask me you find the biggest a holes in the entire wow right there in those normal raid pve guilds and its probaly one of many reasons people just stick with lfr these days ... afterall none likes to be forced to raid with pricks.

  17. #17
    Just afk through LFR, makes it much more tolerable.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    You got picked out because you stood out. Tallest trees catching the wind yada yada. Just be middle of the pack next time.
    this. OP, if i had someone like you in my runs every time, it'd be awesome. unfortunately, there are dbags out there who's ego's don't allow other people to shine. that priest was one of em; probably some petty officer in some petty guild convinced he's world first material.

    don't forget, you're dealing with sheeple in lfr. either fight for control when the dbags open their mouths or face the consequences.

  19. #19
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    10,403
    Other than trying to be genuinely helpful to someone--a risky bit of business by itself-- or to say hello and be ever-so-slightly social, there's no particular reason to ever say much of anything in LFR.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

    It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    Pretty much this :x Quality of play is zero reason to treat anyone badly, ever, and if anyone thinks it is, you've got serious mental problems, or jacked up priorities.
    My problem with OP is that he seems to be a source of drama. You don't get kicked from LFR for doing too much or too little DPS. You don't get kicked for being good or bad at mechanics. You get kicked for being offline or blatantly AFK, and you get kicked for creating drama.

    The "worst kind of player" in LFR is arrogant, loudmouthed, takes everything personally, et cetera.

    OP is also WAY too concerned with the guild status of random people he's never met before.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •