Warlocks in PVE and PVP

Hello. Im looking to lvl a Lock for pvp when my hunter is capped for the week. Im just wondering how locks are in BGs from the people that play them.

Deleted
    They are incredibly strong in BGs.

Is affliction still the way to go?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this a post about just PvP or PvE as well? The thread tittle and OP are kinda confusing me.
    As it is now, warlocks are rather weak in any form of PvP aside from Rated Battlegrounds. Both Affliction and Demonology currently lack in both their defensive as their offensive capabilities, mainly due other classes being so strong, being easily shut down when going offensive and almost all our defensive cooldowns being heavily affected by battle fatigue.
    Destruction is not too great either when it comes to arena and random battlegrounds, however, they are doing perfectly fine when it comes to Rated Battlegrounds where you can easily burst without being shut down while having the full support of your team, which is something you really need as a warlock.

That being said about PvP, warlocks are well in PvE as well, having 3 perfectly viable specs that are fairly close in terms of dps. Which spec to play is up to you and you can always check one of the stickies to find everything out about a spec.

In PVP, especially in BG's, warlocks are very strong except for affliction, the weakest of all 3 specs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    In PVP, especially in BG's, warlocks are very strong except for affliction, the weakest of all 3 specs.
    Affliction is actually really strong? It applies a lot of pressure to entire teams, works as a dispel counter, and has pretty strong single target burst with CD's.

Niberion
    Thank you for all the info.
    Im just trying to find a new class to play when i have nothing to do on my hunter. I will defently look into some of the guides here and there. just looking for info from active locks.