[Holy help] How important is 4-piece t14?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...s/Luqqy/simple

Here's the deal:
    I have t14 raid finder gloves, and I just got the t14 raid finder chest (was going for the legs, go figure)
    I have t15 raid-finder chest.

Is that 4 piece of a 2-second cd reduction on holy-shock really worth the loss in stats? The chest doesn't really have any spirit (When referring to t15), I'd practically get more/borderline the same from my t14 chest, but wouldn't losing all that spell power be a big deal?

---------- Post added 2013-04-08 at 07:42 PM ----------

oh, and I'd lose about 130-ish intellect, and only really gain 75 spirit. Besides the 4 piece, of course, I'd gain that as well.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=86688
    ^^^^ chest I'd get.

Until you can't have 522 itemlv stick with t14 whit shorter holy shock cd you will gain more holy power and more free heal from eternal flame. Few itemlv from raid finder isn't worth it and don't overtake boost from 4sec holy shock.

I changed my set when i got 522 and some 528 itemlv and it was hard decision.

10+ Year Old Account
    4 T14 is amazing if you only really have a T15 raid finder chest, and nothing else, I most certainly would stick with 4 T14. Having said that, there comes a point you are going to lose the set bonus, simply because the stats you gain from 522+ gear are too good to pass up on. It'll suck for a few weeks till you are used to 6 sec Holy Shock again. But for now I would seriously suggest you stick with 4 T14.

And avoid T15 chest piece like the plague.

T14 4-set is really, really strong. The 2 second reduction on holy shock is a lot bigger for your healing than you might think. Sure, you get more frequent access to a solid single target (and splash if you have daybreak up) heal. But you also generate holy power 20-30% faster which means a lot more healing from EF and LoD. On top of that though, HS is how we proc Infusion of Light for those super fast DL and Radiance casts, which in turn can generate even more holy power.

The T15 set is not bad. Don't misunderstand and think I'm saying that, but by comparison, its a little underwhelming. The healing bonus to daybreak splash is nice, but that doesn't add up to much unless you're casting a lot of radiance and you're able to get HS in a place where it hits a good number of targets. The 4-set bonus to beacon is something of a mixed blessing. It has the potential to be very strong, but it requires a ton of micro-management on beacon placement to really get your mana's worth from it and not just end up doing more overhealing with beacon.

Deleted
    I have the option of swapping my 4 set t14 (509 chest, 496 shoulders/helm, 483 gloves) for a full set of spirit 522s and would gain about 6-7 ilvls doing that. I don't - because that 4p is really really strong and can't really be compared to stats.

The problem is that eventually the ilvl of the replacement 4 set may have a clear throughput advantage over anything other than full 2/2 upgraded 509 T14. I am personally waiting for a 4 set to 4 set swap (2 pieces to go).

Luckily, I leveled my 2nd H Pally without the 4 piece and have been getting used to the 6 sec cd on HS all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurzior View Post
    The T15 set is not bad. Don't misunderstand and think I'm saying that, but by comparison, its a little underwhelming. The healing bonus to daybreak splash is nice, but that doesn't add up to much unless you're casting a lot of radiance and you're able to get HS in a place where it hits a good number of targets. The 4-set bonus to beacon is something of a mixed blessing. It has the potential to be very strong, but it requires a ton of micro-management on beacon placement to really get your mana's worth from it and not just end up doing more overhealing with beacon.
    For the most part, this tier I actually find it best off to do the unthinkable, and actually just keep beacon on the active tank.

I personally don't plan on dropping 4set t14 until I have full heroic teir/offpeices (at least two set, with the mastery off pieces). Looking at your gear, it's totally worth it to 'downgrade' the chest piece for the fourset, in my opinion. I have quite a few higher item level off pieces and when I tried dropping 4set for about an 800int and spirit upgrade, I was doing less healing overall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzior View Post
    T14 4-set is really, really strong. The 2 second reduction on holy shock is a lot bigger for your healing than you might think. Sure, you get more frequent access to a solid single target (and splash if you have daybreak up) heal. But you also generate holy power 20-30% faster which means a lot more healing from EF and LoD. On top of that though, HS is how we proc Infusion of Light for those super fast DL and Radiance casts, which in turn can generate even more holy power.

My issue when I tested out the 2p wasn't the casting of HR(the spirit gain I got from equipping the 2p plus still having the tier 14 2p more than made up for the cost casting more holy radiance) or getting good use out of the spread holy shock, it was the fact that the 6 second holy shock would make it so I could not use every daybreak. It will be an annoying adjustment for me, and I didn't even use the tier 14 4p for most of tier 14 (I used the pvp 4p).

I wouldn't suggest dropping tier 14 4p until you can at least obtain tier 15 heroic 2p and two heroicc (TG pref) off peices. It's insanely better then this tiers shitty set bonuses don't let stats or ilvl trick you.
    Shuttle of Illidan