Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Shadow T15 2pc - really good upgrade?

Im in a 6/13 hc guild, and im one of three spriests, almost always lowest on the dmg meter. The other two priests have 3 ilvls more than me, but they've also both gotten the 2 set bonus. One of them even have the lei shen trinket.

I just want to know, if this set bonus a really good dps bonus due to the fact you'll be casting dots quite a bit less, therefor increasing dps on heavy movement fights.

I do my best to cast the right spells in the right priority system, and i think i do it fairly well. Im dealing with some lag problems aswell which makes my dps shit on some fights.

Some fights im able to win on dmg and dps, without dps whoring, while on others they basicly do 10-20% more dmg and dps than me. I hear them saying stuff like "omg 1 minute dots ftw " so i know that they get ATLEAST 4-8 additional GCDs that they can use for mind flays or whatever.

TLR Is the shadow tier 15 2pc set bonus such a huge upgrade for a 520ilvl shadow priest?
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Yes, go to howtopriest.com and start to read up on PP values and understand their worth and then you will see the amount that these values correlate with pure DPS increase and then it should show you that, yes the 2p is a huge bonus.

Also 2pc + lei shen trinket is nutts.

Deleted
    Yes the 2pc is really strong, especially on multidott fights like, horridon, primodius and council, the 4pc makes the 2pc even more powerful, try getting it!

okay this makes me feel less of an idiot for losing on DPS meter 90% of the time to the other priests : ) I've been trying to get the tier sets, but no drops in LFR and i havent won any during raids : / I hope to get it soon.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    okay this makes me feel less of an idiot for losing on DPS meter 90% of the time to the other priests : ) I've been trying to get the tier sets, but no drops in LFR and i havent won any during raids : / I hope to get it soon.
    I feel ya bro, I feel ya, same problem here. Though I'm the only shadow in the raid as it is right now so I'm not competing against other shadows, but I can imagine if one comes by with a 2 set I will have a hard time competing to it. I calculated the damage and even using LFR the setbonus would make up for it on the gear I currently have in those slots, but no luck there either.
    ~ stuff, the best thing ~

Deleted
    I Heard it is really strong, can have some more time doing other shit that recasting dots every 20sec
    and acording to howtorpriest the 2pc is Worth 989 PP and 4pc 800PP

hoping i get mine soon feels like im Always getting my set last but yeah we are a 10man Guild with 3 palas and 2 priests in it :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Unerring on it's own is stupid OP. I find myself competing with our other Spriest who doesn't even have 2pc yet because he has it.

9 procs on a fight... lucky son of a.... Maybe this week, /prays

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kathor View Post
    a total of 6 conq tokens have dropped in my 10 man raid and we are 10/13 H, I actually do have the 2 set due to having Lfr gloves and normal head but it does feel kind of bad seeing most vanq and prot users with almost full hc 4 set in my grp. QQ post On topic though: the tier set bonuses are awesome, there is also a trick to it which i dont know if all Spriests are utilizing but basically you can never get to much shadowy apparations since they just que up therefor spamming SW:P on mult-ple targets is insane if it goes back to 1 target after a while. Bosses this can be used to get those 1-2 min dots this tier is primordius with all the adds. Durumu HC with the icewalls, Horridon with all the adds. As an example i once got my dots with lust, pot and all procs to 3 min on primordius, was above 300k dps that try(obv most of that is due to me killing adds but the difference was still huge with having that strong dots on the boss.)

Quote Originally Posted by discmeedel View Post
    a total of 6 conq tokens have dropped in my 10 man raid and we are 10/13 H, I actually do have the 2 set due to having Lfr gloves and normal head but it does feel kind of bad seeing most vanq and prot users with almost full hc 4 set in my grp. QQ post On topic though: the tier set bonuses are awesome, there is also a trick to it which i dont know if all Spriests are utilizing but basically you can never get to much shadowy apparations since they just que up therefor spamming SW:P on mult-ple targets is insane if it goes back to 1 target after a while. Bosses this can be used to get those 1-2 min dots this tier is primordius with all the adds. Durumu HC with the icewalls, Horridon with all the adds. As an example i once got my dots with lust, pot and all procs to 3 min on primordius, was above 300k dps that try(obv most of that is due to me killing adds but the difference was still huge with having that strong dots on the boss.)
    Since you quoted me, i am replying to underline the issue from the thread I am linking to: There are many indications that when a SA hits and extends the dot duration, it fails to apply any temp buffs you have. This will happen even if the original duration has not been exceeded (lets say an SA spawns and hits the target 3 seconds after Heroism, then your dot will not benefit from that heroism)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...81475?page=1#0

Example of the behavior I'm seeing:

I cast SW:P with Berserking and my SW:P starts ticking on the target every 1.62 seconds for 17.82 secs.

A Shadow apparition spawns, and hits the target.

Even if berserking is still active... the SA will add 1.62 seconds to the duration of the DoT, however, the tick period is then reset to my non-berserked haste, 2.26 seconds.

[Snip]

This effect occurs with both haste rating buffs (Volatile Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault), and % based buffs (Berserking, PI, Legendary Meta).
    If this is indeed the case, then the 2 piece bonus will be a dps loss in many situations... I hope this will be confirmed as a bug and fixed asap, or that people have made errors in their observations - because it is just silly (we get even worse in burn phases). Since the bonuses are balanced around the current implementation, then a bugfix is also likely either be followed by a nerf or to give spriests a dps buff!

I'm finding myself not competitive with my new guild's spriests due to similar reasons, namely they are using 2pc t14 and 2pc t15, while still having 3 ilevels above me. Yet I'm being told to do more dps (which I'm sure is possible). Besides that, at least one got his LMG this week, plus he rolled an unerring just a few hours ago, so I can't wait to hear about how I'm lagging behind still next week, unless my guild leader is going to be a bit more reasonable.

On the other hand, my friend (gleader of previous guild before the merge) pointed out that he's also just trying to make a more competitive atmosphere. For reference, they are a 25m guild that "merged" with my old 10m guild, so they basically had better gear, as they weren't sharding things every other boss.

Anyways, I share your frustration at being behind pple and not really compared fairly, though I don't doubt that having an at least somewhat demanding raid will drive people to improve performance.

I'm also curious how the 2pc T14 is valued when you also have 2pc T15. Those also feed into each other somewhat, afai can tell. In other words, how is the PP value?

One more thing: i actually have 4 pc T15 if I use raid finder shoulders and downgrade my helix breaker TF gloves to tier, which I probably should do, but it's one of those things better in theory, but in practice, well, I'll just sim it and then dummy it before next week's raids.

Additionally, my WoL shows my ranking quite subpar (75-80%), but the number doesn't change for other spriests, so does that mean it doesn't account for ilevel? I'm not sure what to take from that, but I'm still new at navigating that site.
    Last edited by Achtalon; 2013-04-22 at 07:02 PM.

WOL/raidbots just compares the effective DPS of your parse to all parses submitted. it doesn't do anything to normalize for gear.

Shadows set bonus is currently a dps loss if you play the class properly.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Drye's right You can't blame your weaker DPS on the tier bonuses. Better start looking for other ways to improve. I suggest looking at your mind blast usage to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by Mctriple View Post
    Drye's right You can't blame your weaker DPS on the tier bonuses. Better start looking for other ways to improve. I suggest looking at your mind blast usage to start with.
    I wa more referring to this: http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php...=3397&start=30

But yes, 99% of the time your dps is low is because poor MB cd management, poor dot up times and improperly clipping mf.

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    I wa more referring to this: http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php...=3397&start=30

But yes, 99% of the time your dps is low is because poor MB cd management, poor dot up times and improperly clipping mf.
    Hey Dyre, if you don't mind answering a quick question about this -

I noticed your post in the thread mentioning that if you are refreshing dots with procs, don't use set bonus and vice versa. I'm curious if it's more DPS to have the set bonus and not play that way, or if refreshing dots with procs is still the way to go and to not use the set bonus. Which would yield higher DPS, considering item level is the same for both?

Quote Originally Posted by Angelicat View Post
    I'm curious if it's more DPS to have the set bonus and not play that way, or if refreshing dots with procs is still the way to go and to not use the set bonus. Which would yield higher DPS, considering item level is the same for both?
    The setbonus frees up GCDs. To reapply DoTs with procs, you require extra GCDs. With procs being stripped how by the setbonus - you're using the GCDs gained from the setbonus just to have them stripped of by it (this is especially bad for LMG/PI extra ticks being removed).

If you're refreshing for procs with the setbonus, you should get worse result then if you'd just ignore procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post

What are you referring to with "improperly clipping mf"? I usually clip the last tick when I recast MF since I thought the tick doesn't actually get lost but added to the new cast. Is there something else you might be referring to?

Hexn has a great how to clip mf guide here: http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php...p=24395#p24395

So this is why sometimes when I refresh my dots when lei shen trinket procs, it doesn't crit the whole normal duration through..

After reading through the HTP post, T15 sets are shitty if you rely on resetting dots when procs are up (LMG, lei shen trinket).