Funniest WoW ACHIEVEMENT mount run/grind

Hey all, just posting a thread for fun.

I JUST got my Twilight Harbringer mount for the Dragon Soul raid achievement after about a month of work at it. It's the lastest of a few achievement mounts I've managed to (slowly) rack up: albino drake (50 mount award), dragonhawk (100 mount award), ICC 25 raid mount, Ulduar 10 man, and Volcanic Stone Drake (cata dungeon hero).

Was a lot of work but I personally love the feeling after it's all done. Been talking with some friends thinking about doing either the FL raid achievement or the Cata raid hero achievement next. Someday I'll do ToT too for that Pterrodactyl. Either way I can't wait. It got me thinking though...

What was everybody's "funniest/favorite" achievement mount grind they ever did (either for the # of mounts, holiday events, dungeons, raids, etc.)....and your "worst/least favorite" grind?

I think my favorite was probably the 10 man Ulduar run. Yes, I didn't get to even experience it back in WoTLK (my ilvl was too low) so was kind of blowing through it as a lvl 85, but still I found the run itself to be cool and the fights to be fun (easier to organize groups for too). Not to mention it just looks awesome.

My least favorite was getting 100 mounts to begin with >_<

Trying to get the Raven Lord mount off and on for 3 months...100th run right as I got him to 1k health my power went out. After 5 mins it came back on and I logged into a dead boss and the mount. However on the 4th for my hunter (before account wide mount) I get it.
    The Mundane and The Magic
    Yeah, now, well, the thing about the old days: they the old days. -Slim Charles

Deleted
    Favorite achievement I've ever done must be "The Insane". It sure isn't "hard" in any way (except it sucks the life energy out of you, especially pre nerf).
    The feeling when you finally get the achieve and title after months is really epic and stuff like that keeps me playing WoW!

Least favorite, hmm. I think I'm gonna agree with you on the 100 mounts, I'm not that much of an avid mount farmer but it's quite funny aswell

Deleted
    Favorite achivment grind I've done must be "The Loremaster". Like doing quest that I've never done before.
    Enjoyed "The Insane" aswell.

Most boring achivment I've done must be "The Seat of Knowledge"(Seeker of knowledge title) when it takes 400 solves just to get the last pristine.

I loved the Insane (with Shen'dralar) Grind.

Ways always busy for months.
    Barely a moment to spare.
    I loved working so hard and the feeling when that Feat dinged was just fantastic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinezor View Post
    I loved the Insane (with Shen'dralar) Grind.

Ways always busy for months.
    Barely a moment to spare.
    I loved working so hard and the feeling when that Feat dinged was just fantastic.
    ^this .. I had Insane in the brain - cypress hill blasting at 5 am in the morning when DMF dailys resetted for my last turn in :>

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked doing the old Loremaster (when it was just continents). I think I did every quest in game pre-cataclysm, and I loved doing all the old amazing questlines, that brought me all over the world and into the dungeons. Today quests are so linear
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Battlemaster. Provided lots of epic and/or hilarious moments along the way. It also provided me with times that I questioned my own sanity. Back when battleground CTA (Call to Arms) was only on weekends, I would spend entire weekends grinding out wins for those certain BGs. 46 wins in Isle in one weekend...as horde. Now I go in there and wonder how people don't have a clue about how to win there...but that is another topic entirely.

Promptly after finishing Battlemaster, I had the urge to go nuts and finish Conqueror. It helped that I was about ~8k/21k through revered with WSG and had dinged exalted with AB while finishing Battlemaster. In a month and a half I earned almost as much WSG rep as I had in the prior 4 years of my shaman's existence...o.o

Despite all this, I still don't have the Insane title. Not even sure how difficult it is now (I keep thinking it's way easier since Shendra'lar is no more).

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I liked doing the old Loremaster (when it was just continents). I think I did every quest in game pre-cataclysm, and I loved doing all the old amazing questlines, that brought me all over the world and into the dungeons. Today quests are so linear
    I remember this. The only part that wasnt fun is not finding any quests in Kalimdor.
    Ground mounting your way around the continent. (^^_)

---------- Post added 2013-04-11 at 08:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    Despite all this, I still don't have the Insane title. Not even sure how difficult it is now (I keep thinking it's way easier since Shendra'lar is no more).
    It is significantly easier as you can get exalted with Darkmoon Faire via dailies.
    The most time consuming would be SWC/BsP rep and Ravenholdt

10+ Year Old Account
    As far a mount grinds go I'm enjoying looking for eggs and collecting bones out on Dino Island. It's boring as hell alone but when you get a few people from the guild and just start murdering Devilsaurs it's pretty boss.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Took me like 120ish kills of Magister's terrace to get the white hawkstrider. Around about the 100 mark, I decided I should do it on my druid (this was back at the start of catclysm), anyway, first kill of MT mount dropped. GG

Funniest for me was last week. Onyxian drake drops on 3rd kill (started doig them after guildy got it 3 weeks before). was 4am on drop. Drops for another guildy 9 hours later.
    2 Days later Anzu.

Then this week a rogue realm transferred to buy drake from BMAH for like 70k, (our realms pretty dead lol)

Still that rng was retarded.

The most enjoyable achievements are ones that are a grind. I just really like them. Not sure why. Ones like the Insane (with Shendra'lar), or grinding the new white raptor on Isle of Giants. I don't go crazy, but it's fun to kick back grind away while listening to music.

Deleted
    Not sure if it's that funny, but I didn't have the purple firehawk from the Firelands meta. All I needed was the Alysrazor achievement. I was just going to attempt soloing it on my mage alt and BOOM! I get the achievement and meta, which I wasn't even going for and had forgotten about.

The worst grind of all time for me was the easter mount (did it last year). No matter what village I went to, every frikking egg spawn was camped by someone. Never going to do that again >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been farming the Baron's mount religiously ever since early Wotlk (albeit with less frequency now..). The only time i saw it drop i was on a horde alt, rolled 1....

WHY DOTH THOU MOCK ME, O UNHOLY CHARGER??

Needing to make druid friends to get the bird mount in Seth halls, then ofc disowning them afterwards ;D Joking ofc...

Deleted
    The Flameward hippogryph was one of my favourite mounts for a long time, not only because it could be used on ground and flight, but also because it was one of the few mounts I actually felt that I deserved.

Deleted
    During cata I had no idea about the Camel-hoarder achievement and mount etc with the camel-figurines in Uldum. A friend talked about it and it was like 3 am or something, I figured I'll go check it out (had no NPC-scan or anything so actually had to fly close and look closely to find it) and I found a figurine and sure enough, I got the achievement and mount from it (like 15 minutes after I found out about it). There was a few guys in my then current guild who was camping figurine-spawns but had yet to get lucky (was like 6h spawn on them on many possible locations and like 5% of it being the "mount and achievement" one), so needless to say I rubbed it hard and long in their face the next day.

Talking about the following achievement if anyone dont know what im talking about: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ement#81:a5767