Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Hahaha this guy is just perfect, best president ever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jotabe View Post
    If you think that the Russian nation is Putin and the Oligarchs, then yes, he has done very well for Russia as a nation.

The Soviet Union wasn't a terrible place for social liberties. Yes, they didn't have much political freedom, and less economic freedom than we do... but they have even less now! So Russia has actually involutioned on that regard.

In fact, Gorvachov's reforms had worked extremely well. Soviet economy had recovered thanks to opening the economy, and it was heading towards a great economic expansion, just the same as the Chinese had when they opened their economy (and which hasn't finished yet).

Yeltsin smashed the economy so he and his cronies/family could become rich selling the pieces. Putin continued the tradition, but while he didn't have the aura of "revolutionary hero" Yeltsin had, he had the image of a strong man who believed in patriotic values. Soon he deepened that image to become some kind of "war hero" and perpetuate himself in power.
    Sorry mate but you can't really say that the Russian people are worse now in terms of economical, political and social freedom. It's just not true.

Opening the economy while your system has shattered and you need to find an economic alternative is risky. You're open to exploitations and they could have sold out their resources. They didn't.

The last part of your post I can't answer to. It's not about facts but how you look at the subject in question and on that we jut can't agree.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    See him bring his hands up to cup them? He was thinking 'This Merkel got me a present!'
    Every male in that gif is moving his hands towards her boobs. Merkel moves to touch the gentleman infront of her instead. Priceless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jotabe View Post
    I'd assume he means "Putin fangirls".
    Oh nice way of looking at things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny action. Best attention they have got so far.

Some pictures even look like they have been orchestrated by professionals. Foto-series here:
    http://www.n-tv.de/mediathek/bilders...l?imageIndex=1

Looks like he's getting ready for a nipple twister. Good thing the security stooped the poor girl before he could do it!
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Do you guys really think he hasn't done well for Russia as a nation?
    The country was on the brink of total collapse, and now it stands amongst the rest. Sure personal liberties and society as a whole might not be perfect (I personally wouldn't live there)
    Everything starts off economical stability, you can't have anything unless you take care of that. And we can all agree, I think, that he did his part there.
    ...and I personally do live here. So... yeah. Also. There is no economical or social stability here. Not on the personal level of an average citizen. You can loose all in a glimpse of an eye (unless you are politician with multiple BVI accounts). And he sure did his part here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    Looks like he's getting ready for a nipple twister. Good thing the security stooped the poor girl before he could do it!
    Next time this guy will jump:

Normal securety would be usles.
    Hm i wounder if some1 would photoshop this gif into a female (naked terorist) with a bomb belt jumping into a president like that.

Also it looks good enogh too make a non-forced meme into this.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Putins shenanigans as a leader might be questionable at best, but hell, nobody can deny he's the physical manifestation of "like a boss". That double thumbs up.... =D

Deleted
    What I found odd is how did a topless lady got within 2 feet of some of the most powerful leaders in the world. I mean ok, I can understand her protesting, but how did she get there? What if it wasn't a Femen lady but a terrorist with a bomb? This shows the security was crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    with our luck they'd only send us the fat ones

do they even have fat chicks in femen? what's the significance of having cute girls show their breasts to everyone?
    Yes, they do. There's also men in FEMEN, but obviously you don't see them since... you know, topless men don't have same impact.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    It got a thread made here, didn't it?

Attention perhaps?
    Indeed, this is their whole goal. Their protests are for some worthy causes most of times, but they saw they couldn't get attention. Yet look now, with the topless part they get enough attention from everyone. And that's the whole point.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Indeed, this is their whole goal. Their protests are for some worthy causes most of times, but they saw they couldn't get attention. Yet look now, with the topless part they get enough attention from everyone. And that's the whole point.
    That is also how they fail, the attention goes not to the message but to the means. People do not care what they said*, they care only that they flashed their breasts. You do not further thought by removing blood from the brain :P

*) Well wrote not said but *shrugs*

Deleted
    If only Berlusconi was there. He loves chicks.

Deleted
    Charging at president of Russia, showing your boobs and having Russian text on your back while screaming "Putin dictator". Yep, that will save the world.
    Last edited by mmoc3c935abe17; 2013-04-09 at 11:57 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithfin View Post
    ...and I personally do live here. So... yeah. Also. There is no economical or social stability here. Not on the personal level of an average citizen. You can loose all in a glimpse of an eye (unless you are politician with multiple BVI accounts). And he sure did his part here.
    So you'd honestly compare Russia 25 years ago and today and say the situation for its citizens has gone worst?
    Actually forget that, I think we're kind of going offtopic here.

Sure Obdigore this kind of actions sure attract the media, and with it international attention, but it also push them away from the mass. They'll never achieve anything in such a frivolous way.
    You need media to talk about it but you also need people to agree with what you say. Not sure how much simpathy would they get from people above teenagehood?

So you'd honestly compare Russia 25 years ago and today and say the situation for its citizens has gone worst?
    The problem is that you think that Russia = Moscow and St. Petersburg. The situation in the rest of the country hasn't changed much and usually for the worse with aging infrastructure and abandoned towns.

I'm just saying the growth has nothing to do with the Putin himself. He was just lucky the start of his reign and 20 times increase of oil prices happened at the same time. It is not like he bent world petroleum market by his will.

Any sources for that? Apart useless western propaganda?
    In any capitalistic country the government officials are linked with organized crime. Think of it as a law of nature.

Deleted
    Well, Putin is quite like a dictator, so they're right about that. And they can protest all they want. But they shouldn't have gotten so close, that's just asking to be tackled.

His response is amusing though. I don't like the person at all, but the way he responded is pretty awesome

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    The problem is that you think that Russia = Moscow and St. Petersburg. The situation in the rest of the country hasn't changed much and usually for the worse with aging infrastructure and abandoned towns.
    Im afraid it'll take more than 20 years to turn around a country so big from the mess they found themselves into. Not really something I could blame anyone for.

---------- Post added 2013-04-09 at 02:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mithfin View Post
    I'm just saying the growth has nothing to do with the Putin himself. He was just lucky the start of his reign and 20 times increase of oil prices happened at the same time. It is not like he bent world petroleum market by his will.
    Well it could have been way way way worse lets put it this way. You could have sold out everything cheap lured by easy cash. You didn't and I appreciate that.
    My country wasn't as wise and at the beginning of the crisis in the 90's litterally went spring sales on with resources and industries. At the time the country was fourth economic power worldwide, above France and even the UK.

So there's a set of politicians that fucked up and didn't look after their country's interest.
    Last edited by mmocea043e1e13; 2013-04-09 at 01:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha... wtf? How on earth did they get the idea that doing that would help their cause in any way? The only thing they accomplished was amusing Putin.