Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Patch 1.0.8 now live

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/9425...notes-4-8-2013

So far, a lot of stuff we already knew. Some other highlights:

"Tooltips in the Auction House will now show an item comparison for a player's currently selected character"
    FINALLY, GEEZ!
    "Players can now add a note about a friend by right-clicking the name in their Friends List"
    Basically, what WoW has had since Battle.net 2.0, but for some inexplicable reason never showed up for Diablo.

"Players can now craft items using materials located in the shared stash"
    Cool. Not something I ever thought about suggesting.

"Salvaged item information will no longer be displayed in the chat log"
    FINALLY, GEEZ!

"A maximum of eight buffs and debuffs will now be displayed on the UI"
    FINALLY, GEEZ!

There's a video out already that shows some of the monster density changes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n0a4h0sQ2Q

Also, NV stacks are now multiplicative http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8569328225
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-04-09 at 08:22 AM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Great : ) looking forward to pretty much all these changes, especially the Monster Density though!
    Also, those NV stacks might make it actually worthwhile to clear acts for exp; instead of just farming a set route. Great changes, hoping for a not too distant ETA soon : )

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't understand why you are so excited, these are minor issues that had to be fixed months ago, but they are taking a long time to add it in the game. Probably we will see this patch live in 3 weeks or 4, but after all, they have to improve the game as soon as possible. I tried the mob density and i have to say the act 1 is so much better now (not sure if it will beat the act 3), act 2 and 4 are pretty the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by afhald View Post
    i don't understand why you are so excited, these are minor issues that had to be fixed months ago, but they are taking a long time to add it in the game. Probably we will see this patch live in 3 weeks or 4, but after all, they have to improve the game as soon as possible. I tried the mob density and i have to say the act 1 is so much better now (not sure if it will beat the act 3), act 2 and 4 are pretty the same.
    See my "FINALLY, GEEZ" comments. There is also a severe lack of class changes. I'm reading that elite groups are still lacking in places that needed more, so farming is still limited unless they fix it. Looks like this could be a long PTR since there's a lot more to change around during it this time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Looks like this could be a long PTR since there's a lot more to change around during it this time.
    I hope so.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lets see

- No itemization fixing
    - Still doesn't fix the issue of no end game
    - A nerf to the XP will just piss people off in terms of grinding act 3 via Alkaiser runs
    - DH class is shit compared to everyone else NP

-.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    - A nerf to the XP will just piss people off in terms of grinding act 3 via Alkaiser runs
    No idea what you're talking about there. Each MP level should see some increase in XP, and higher MP's should see a wider gap, making farming higher MP levels more rewarding. With 5 NV stacks of course.

Lets see

- No itemization fixing
    - Still doesn't fix the issue of no end game
    - DH class is shit compared to everyone else NP

-.-
    They already said that itemization would not be in 1.0.8, but is being worked on (likely for 1.0.9).
    End-game in Diablo 3 = Farming stuff. End-game in Diablo 2 = Farming Stuff. End-game in Torchlight, Titan's Quest, DarkSpore = Farming Stuff. At least in Diablo 3, we got things like Infernal Portal bosses.
    Okay, so XP nerf... yes, to the weakest of trash mobs that are also the most numerous, to balance them out, cause the actual bonuses from NV is actually better now (multiplicative instead of additive) and scales with multiplayer. I don't see a problem with that.
    Demon Hunter has to glass cannon mostly, unless you go with a Gloom Tank build (that only lasts so long). Hate to break it to ya, but same goes for Wizards and Witch Doctors. You have to just stack damage if you wanna play in higher MPs, and avoid getting hit, which DHs are good at. REALLY GOOD.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No idea what you're talking about there. Each MP level should see some increase in XP, and higher MP's should see a wider gap, making farming higher MP levels more rewarding. With 5 NV stacks of course.
    75% Exp reduction in terms of the scorpions THAT'S WHAT MADE the alkaiser run it was the bread and butter; Fuck farming if your doing paragon grinding. That's the entire point of lvling that shitty experience

Those scorpions were fucking amazing and they tore that apart for solo people wise.

---------- Post added 2013-04-09 at 10:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    They already said that itemization would not be in 1.0.8, but is being worked on (likely for 1.0.9).
    End-game in Diablo 3 = Farming stuff. End-game in Diablo 2 = Farming Stuff. End-game in Torchlight, Titan's Quest, DarkSpore = Farming Stuff. At least in Diablo 3, we got things like Infernal Portal bosses.
    Okay, so XP nerf... yes, to the weakest of trash mobs that are also the most numerous, to balance them out, cause the actual bonuses from NV is actually better now (multiplicative instead of additive) and scales with multiplayer. I don't see a problem with that.
    Demon Hunter has to glass cannon mostly, unless you go with a Gloom Tank build (that only lasts so long). Hate to break it to ya, but same goes for Wizards and Witch Doctors. You have to just stack damage if you wanna play in higher MPs, and avoid getting hit, which DHs are good at. REALLY GOOD.
    I don't need a lecture I farm MP 8-10 regularly when I use to play but for other DH's out there yeah they're going to be shit on regardless of outcome. Stacking damage isn't the best way as a DH it honestly isn't in fact I'd laugh at you and make fun of you if I see you doing a glass cannon in mp 5+ and getting shit on by random mobs.

*Looks forward to patch that aint just 1-4 weeks of casual fun before bored again*

They have gotten all the suggestion's and idea's they could ever need. Make it happen now...
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    *Looks forward to patch that aint just 1-4 weeks of casual fun before bored again*

They have gotten all the suggestion's and idea's they could ever need. Make it happen now...
    I hate to repeat this, but you know what you're asking for will only come with an expansion. I do the same thing though....big, nice patch hits and I get really into it for a week, then struggle to play for the next 1-3, before I'm not logging on again until the next patch. I'm sure we're not alone, but I don't necessarily see it as a problem.

I'm not losing anything by not playing, so it'll be there when they fix it or it'll be there and they never fix it. The only thing is, if they don't give me more than a resounding 'meh' by the time the expansion comes out, I will not buy it. And I won't be fooled into thinking an AP is a good idea ever again either.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    75% Exp reduction in terms of the scorpions THAT'S WHAT MADE the alkaiser run it was the bread and butter; Fuck farming if your doing paragon grinding. That's the entire point of lvling that shitty experience

Those scorpions were fucking amazing and they tore that apart for solo people wise.
    They had a good reason to nerf their experience drastically. They were worth the same as the biggest, toughest trash mobs in the game, which didn't make any sense.

Deleted
    They had a good reason to nerf their experience drastically. They were worth the same as the biggest, toughest trash mobs in the game, which didn't make any sense.
    Well, I can understand the hate. Because it would ruin a perfectly good farming run.
    Then again, NV stacks becoming multiplicative more than compensates for that.

But I'm beginning to think the new good farming area will be Vault of the Assassin's. It has lots of mobs, and maybe even more with the new density, but it doesn't have nerfed scorpions. Time will tell.

Heh. This was the most exciting thing in the patch notes for me:

There is now an option in Video Settings to lock the cursor to the window when in fullscreen windowed mode, if Diablo III is the active window
    Bought a Logitech G600 recently and for some reason the cursor keeps snapping to my 2nd or 3rd monitor. Really annoying- especially when I manage to double click or close windows inadvertently.

Pretty marvelous fix for me. XD

im surprised no1 went over the best patch notes.. u can now mass craft gems.. no more waiting 15 mins just to upgrade 1000 flawless square rubys into radiant star rubys or w/e

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    im surprised no1 went over the best patch notes.. u can now mass craft gems.. no more waiting 15 mins just to upgrade 1000 flawless square rubys into radiant star rubys or w/e
    Yea, but I think that is why these patch notes are being shot down since launch. So many off these thing's that are being added now are something that should have been on launch. He'll cause of this one change I bet gem prices will drop.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    Well, remember, you still have to wait. You just don't have keep clicking. Mass crafting works like it did in WoW. Smelt 200 bars, go grab a drink.

15+ Year Old Account
    holy shit that mob density change, brb going back to Archon on my wizard
    And my HoTA barb will also like it :>
    "Tooltips in the Auction House will now show an item comparison for a player's currently selected character"
    Been waiting on this one, atm its like: Link 5-7items to who ever is online on my friends list, make new game, take gems out of current weapon, THEN i can compare weapons
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    DiabloFans has some datamined class info that is supposedly going into 1.0.8's PTR: http://www.diablofans.com/news/1700-...-class-changes

Nothing really special for monks. The Life Regen change is nice but probably not enough to justify using it over Conviction.

uhhh, that mantra with guiding light would be a good change.
    20% on guiding light now? yeah... i'll take that. GL can be activated with that mantra, that means GL is constantly up.