Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Buff to Inscribed Bag of Hydra Spawn

Does anyone have any new data on this after the hotfix today? Is it still trash or exponentially more viable?

Deleted
    I would like to know this aswell as I currently have it idling in my inventory cause it was pretty much useless until now.

As long as it basically exchanges spirit for int 1:1 it's going to struggle to be viable.

Been spamming soothing mist on my MW for about 5 min. Still haven't seen a proc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clebane View Post
    Been spamming soothing mist on my MW for about 5 min. Still haven't seen a proc.
    need to be in combat

5 min of combat spamming heals most of the time. 13.80% haste
    279.1k absorbs each proc for 23,262.
    12 procs for 5 min. I would say it's near 2 rppm

Across 6 heroic bosses last night it was 0.9% of shaman's healing done :/

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r.../22/?enc=kills
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    Across 6 heroic bosses last night it was 0.9% of shaman's healing done :/

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r.../22/?enc=kills
    So still garbage then.

It's proccing a lot, but the actual heal going out is crap.

15+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone done the math that compares the proc with similar trinket like Horridon's Last Gasp?

If we assume the proc to be worth of generous 1% total healing done and compare it to the +1467 Intellect of Horridon's Last Gasp, how would it fare? Can't be that much more. The mana return being pretty much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    The mana return being pretty much the same.
    Assuming extremely unlucky procs on Horridon's, then yes, they're almost the same. With just a modicum of good procs, Horridon's blows the regen of Inscribed Bag out the water. And 1,5k int will not only increase all your healing (More than 1% too I'm guessing, but I haven't done any maths), it will increase heals you have control over who gets.
    Last edited by Sevyvia; 2013-04-03 at 03:36 PM.

I am still confused why they made the shield proc on it so small. Make the proc actually mean something. 23k just doesn't do anything for me. Damage going out is so high comparatively that this shield is not really noticed. It's just not worth it. I'll take intellect any day over something that accounts for 1% total healing (or less) and has a 15-20% chance of overhealing.

Deleted
    The trinket is pretty terrible - prior to the changes I saw it do a whopping great 0.1% of my healing for an entire raid evening. I wonder if it has been updated to actually proc on Atonement heals now, as it was beyond useless for Discipline and was rated about the same as the Empty Fruit Barrel and behind Price of Progress.

Got a Heroic Horridons tonight, easily BIS for the rest of the expansion IMO. I've heard the Lei Shen one is quite nice now if you don't need the mana regen from other trinkets, but the others are just never going to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Has anyone done the math that compares the proc with similar trinket like Horridon's Last Gasp?

If we assume the proc to be worth of generous 1% total healing done and compare it to the +1467 Intellect of Horridon's Last Gasp, how would it fare? Can't be that much more. The mana return being pretty much the same.
    1467 int is much more than 1% increase in healing.

Its closer to 10%. Otherwise you would see almost no HPS increase when you earn a new item with 300 more int or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    1467 int is much more than 1% increase in healing.

Its closer to 10%. Otherwise you would see almost no HPS increase when you earn a new item with 300 more int or something like that.
    For me the ~1500 int is about a ~5% spell power increase, which is about a ~5% direct HPS increase

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    For me the ~1500 int is about a ~5% spell power increase, which is about a ~5% direct HPS increase
    Yeah, i imagined it would be between 5% and 10% (depends on your cyrrent gear). A lot more than the 0.9% this trinket could give you.

I think they should just give trinkets like these a scaling factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Iracor View Post
    I think they should just give trinkets like these a scaling factor.
    Lei Shen heal scales with gear/buffs/spellpower. Not sure if the Bag does.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    Lei Shen heal scales with gear/buffs/spellpower. Not sure if the Bag does.
    I've heard the Lei Shen trinket can actually be around 3-5% of your healing, plus it has static int. Looks nice for fights where mana isn't an issue.