Thread: Best dps spec

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Best dps spec

I am currently having issues with figuring out what spec is the best from what i have read SMF seems to be tops but atm i am barely able to pull over 111k with 2x Shellsplitter Greataxe to 114-117k in TG and ARMS with 2xZerat, Malakk's Soulburning Greatsword am i to assume that
    SMF is in fact weaker then the other two or is there something that i am missing in SMF rotation etc i for one cannot figure it out.

If you are simming yourself to determine that SMF is slightly better, simcraft has Deep Wounds improperly buffed by SMF's passive, resulting in it doing 35% more damage, which is about 2% dps increase overall. As for your outcome, otherwise, I'm not too sure without logs/etc. You should be doing more single target with SMF, although less on Cleave fights (which a lot of fights are) than TG. If either of your 2 handed weapons are Thunderforged and your 1 handed weapons are not, that could be a big difference, as it's almost always viable to go with whatever your highest ilvl (thus damage/dps) weapon is. Once again, hard to determine with what information you have given.

yea your right i didnt post logs my mistake but i just wanted to clarify what spec is best for the current tier non of my weapons are thunderforged unfortunately but since my two 2h weapons have better dmg/ dps then my 1h shouldnt TG be the better choice?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Currently SMF is on top in single-target fights. The reason for two one-handers being better then two two-handers is the SMF-passive, which gives you a 35% damage increase.

and i can undersand that but i cant pull the expected numbers that i need unless im screwing up the rotation some how or not critting as much as i should be

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    How much crit do you have?

currently 26.57%

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    That is more then enough to play SMF. Since there are no logs or stuff alike I don´t know why smf doesn´t provide the damage it should. It clearly is ahead at the moment. I can´t tell you things, which couldn´t be found in any random guide about fury rotation. It´s all about hoarding rage for CS and exploiting each CS window to the most.

well cant link ym logs till i post some more or i would post them but thats exactly what i do but not critting always seems to be a problem for me i can go times with reck up plus trinkets and go through 3 to 5 BT before a crit its just crappy luck but always happens to me

10+ Year Old Account
    SMF is great on some fights with limited targets. As the number of adds you can AOE down increase, TG increases in DPS potential. I'm currently SMF, but as soon as I can get a pair of 2Hs (after our DK) I'll be setting them up for fights like horridon and council.

I hope your quote for dps is on actual fights and not dummies.

Simcraft does 1000 iterations so what you observe out of a few fights may not be conclusive. And the difference is so minimal that you should just go with whichever setup you feel more confident with.

hey u mentioned simcraft is buffing deep wounds inaccurately, how can one fix this? Also if that is the case, shouldn't TG be better single target? not to mention in aoe situations as well

TG isn't better single target. The 35% extra damage that SMF gets applies to a vast majority of your attacks, including execute. However, TG is better on progression this tier due to so many cleave fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Brakthir View Post
    TG isn't better single target. The 35% extra damage that SMF gets applies to a vast majority of your attacks, including execute. However, TG is better on progression this tier due to so many cleave fights.
    are you sure about that? there is 1-3k dps difference between SMF and TG single target. If simcraft is inaccurate and buffs deep wounds for SMF by 35%, then TG might be better or equal single target, not to mention AoE

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    are you sure about that? there is 1-3k dps difference between SMF and TG single target. If simcraft is inaccurate and buffs deep wounds for SMF by 35%, then TG might be better or equal single target, not to mention AoE
    That bug would be ~3k dps => both would be equal which would favor TG in the end due to higher cleave.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    That bug would be ~3k dps => both would be equal which would favor TG in the end due to higher cleave.
    TG also gives you 2000 more stamina which makes a massive difference when progressing.

there we go, this is why Landsoul is TG and why the sims are inaccurate. But again if you have an ilvl 522 1h weapon and an ilvl 502 TG, it is better to go SMF. First boss in ToT drops 1h, so most ppl will likely be in SMF specc

10+ Year Old Account
    there we go, this is why Landsoul is TG and why the sims are inaccurate. But again if you have an ilvl 522 1h weapon and an ilvl 502 TG, it is better to go SMF. First boss in ToT drops 1h, so most ppl will likely be in SMF specc
    Can we get people like this to stop giving advice? You don't base everything off what one person does. SMF beats TG on single target fights. AOE fights TG is several K higher per additional target you can hit. Simcraft's DPS numbers are inaccurate (total DPS- comparing two pieces of gear it'll give you a good idea and the like tho). What you play depends on what weapons you have, what weapons others in the raid need, and the fight.

These TG v SMF threads are getting really old.

Landsoul is TG because those are the weapons that dropped. It also provides improved Stam to survive heroic encounters more easily. There is also a lot of Cleave fights. In Exodus' first week of normals, I don't recall any 1 handed weapons dropping, and not many weapons have dropped period(even now).
    The sims being inaccurate really won't change much, especially for Landsoul since he has his own simulation set up, ala his spreadsheet, that he personally made.

im pretty sure he had ilvl 517 1her and he decided to use 2h axes from last tier for new tier. How do u guys determine SMF>TG on single target, if sims are inaccurate?
    Last edited by Wrekon; 2013-04-11 at 03:09 AM.