Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Dreadlord Spichora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    898

    Could Garrosh Ally with Mogu? [Hints]

    Hi people.
    I came up with some hints that Garrosh might be siding/allying Mogu against his Foes in final fight.

    1. Here is the new Graphic Novel that is "under wraps" called "World of Warcraft: Bloodsworn", but we Blizzard shared summery of this novel. Which say this:

    As the Cataclysm rips through Azeroth, Warchief Garrosh Hellscream orders the best warriors of the Horde to come forward and serve in a new army, lest their foes in the Alliance sense weakness and attack. We meet these warriors as they come forward - from very different lands, backgrounds, traditions...Will they be able to overcome their deep differences and work together to serve the Horde, especially when challenged by a powerful, unfamiliar race claiming to be the real rulers of Azeroth?

    And the mogu claim to be Real rulers of Azeroth, Yes? Yes.

    World of Warcraft: BloodSworn

    a.Yes it says clearly that "though Bloodsworn takes place prior to Mists of Pandaria," but we face different situation now. We are in middle of Mists of Pandaria an mogu fit perfectly in this creatures description. As the book is in Wraps yet, writer might add mogus in it!
    It is also only Guessing that Bloodsworn is prior to Pandaria ! The summery just dont includes any of Pandaria facts no to contain any spoilers, or ruin book itself, because as we knew Mists of Pandaria was spontaneous expansion. and the time in development doesnt changes anything they can always ADD. Or book might have introduced them from different corner. So this "Prior" thing doesnt change anything.
    b. Or Garrosh (not directly Garrosh, might be Malkorok) might found These guys earlier then others did. I suspect Malkorok is not quite ordinary orc and might know Mogus long ago (but tha onl Imho). But next 2-nd argument contradicts with this B. theory, that Garrosh had known mogus previously.

    2.Garrosh is quite interested in these new found "Mogu." Link
    He might have contacted with them after failing to reclaim power of the Bell. He has one big slave Mogu, who, as i know, is still alive.
    Garrosh is known for his cowardly ways of fighting (Focusing Iris, Krakens, Magnataurs). "Enemy of my enemy is my friend".

    He learns from Malkorok about the mogu race and takes a special interest in the iron-fisted rule of the mogu and their technology (remarking to Malkorok that he has much to learn from them), being particularly attracted by their ability to create new warriors and fuel emotions to their height in order to drastically increase battle prowess.
    Source : http://www.wowpedia.org/Garrosh_Hellscream

    So what do you think?
    Last edited by Spichora; 2013-04-09 at 02:37 PM.


    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

  2. #2
    he want be like a mogu or more, but he dont want a alliance with the mogus, and the mogus either.

  3. #3
    This seems really interesting and I can't wait for it to come out, but I don't think it'll be the mogu. It's pre-MoP and there were no clues anywhere about Pandaria or it's residents, so I find it highly unlikely that it'll be the mogu. I can't really say what I think they'll be, but I don't think it's the mogu.

  4. #4
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    16,147
    No. For a few reasons really, one being that we've basically almost killed every single Mogu left on Pandaria and constantly stopped and thwarted their plans. We've killed their leaders, their sorcerors, their generals, their kings and now their Emperor. Also, the Mogu wouldn't gain anything from this alliance, quite the contrary. Oh and Garrosh doesn't have any slave Mogu's, nor did he ever really have one. And these "Bloodsworn" - it states that it takes place before MoP, and no one not even Garrosh had even heard of a Mogu prior to MoP, so no can't be that either.
    *broken link*
    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  5. #5
    Herald of the Titans Christan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    2,537
    Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    We meet these warriors as they come forward - from very different lands, backgrounds, traditions...Will they be able to overcome their deep differences and work together to serve the Horde, especially when challenged by a powerful, unfamiliar race claiming to be the real rulers of Azeroth?
    Hozen, Pandaren, are the new allies,
    Mogu, are the ones challenging the horde pretending to be the real rulers of azeroth.
    nothing in your quote makes me think Garrosh wants to ally himself with Mogu, in fact, from what you said about mogu believing themselves powerful, the opposite rings a bell in my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    And the mogu claim to be Real rulers of Azeroth, Yes? Yes.
    ehh edit, just saw it takes place before mop...
    twilight cult imho, he listened to their doctrine, fell for it even...
    and is possessed by an old god(or something, most likely)


    wait...Garrosh...twilight cult if they are his new ally's...maybe...resurrecting DW
    DRAGONSOUL WAS ONLY A SETBACK

    also
    orders the best warriors of the Horde to come forward and serve in a new army
    sounds like he is taking pre-existing "warriors of the horde" to make a new elite force
    (basically someone in the army joining the Seals, or whatever)

    actually thinking back i remember being promised the Abyssal Maw, we were supposed to get some naga lore in Cata.

    "as the cataclysm rips through" blah blah, challenged by NAGA who believe they rule azeroth(they actually do and freely worship old gods also, they are utterly crazy...
    new allies could indeed be Goblins, sounds like a cata novel all in all honestly...
    and ally / horde were supposed to put aside their differences in fighting a "common enemy" Deathwing himself...

    this coming being a Cata graphic novel sounds much more likely, than anything else, that quote is basically how cata started.
    Last edited by Christan; 2013-04-09 at 02:27 PM.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

  6. #6
    He already did ally with Shan Kien and the korune.

  7. #7
    There must always be a Thunder King!

    Without the control of the Thunder King, whatever Mogu aren't festering corpses at this point would just sort of... go back to whatever they were doing for the thousands of years in which he was dead before.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    No. For a few reasons really, one being that we've basically almost killed every single Mogu left on Pandaria and constantly stopped and thwarted their plans. We've killed their leaders, their sorcerors, their generals, their kings and now their Emperor. Also, the Mogu wouldn't gain anything from this alliance, quite the contrary. Oh and Garrosh doesn't have any slave Mogu's, nor did he ever really have one. And these "Bloodsworn" - it states that it takes place before MoP, and no one not even Garrosh had even heard of a Mogu prior to MoP, so no can't be that either.
    But Blizzard has shown they always have some leftovers ready to serve. Look at the Naga in Black Temple's sewers for example. Or the Twilight Drakes and Vrykul in Dragon Soul. Basically massacred all the twilight dragons earlier in Cata and the Vrykul were crushed in Utgarde storylines and Icecrown. It actually makes sense for Mogu that are left over to forge a new alliance with a ruler who resembles what they're used to. They aren't averse to working with other races provided they match their brutality(re: the Zandalari trolls).

    Blizzard could always ret-con in some Mogu and say Garrosh knew about them beforehand. Worse things have happened to wow lore. lol

  9. #9
    Bloodsworn, interesting name.

    Anybody else wonder whose blood?

  10. #10
    Dreadlord Spichora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    898
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    No. For a few reasons really, one being that we've basically almost killed every single Mogu left on Pandaria and constantly stopped and thwarted their plans. We've killed their leaders, their sorcerors, their generals, their kings and now their Emperor. Also, the Mogu wouldn't gain anything from this alliance, quite the contrary. Oh and Garrosh doesn't have any slave Mogu's, nor did he ever really have one. And these "Bloodsworn" - it states that it takes place before MoP, and no one not even Garrosh had even heard of a Mogu prior to MoP, so no can't be that either.
    Yes we might have killed their High ranked leaders, but we havent killed them ALL. There is no fact that Mogu are on the edge of extinction. Yes they would of course, as you have said they are without leaders, they need strong hand to stop them from scattering around. They might even get Long wished Island of Pandaria. Of course they need to ally with someone until they are totally wiped out.

    Shan Kein is the slave. This guy is being tortured for several quests and after Garrosh finds Bell he disappears.

    And these "Bloodsworn" - it states that it takes place before MoP, and no one not even Garrosh had even heard of a Mogu prior to MoP, so no can't be that either.
    I have wrote in 1.B. and 1.A.


    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

  11. #11
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    16,147
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    But Blizzard has shown they always have some leftovers ready to serve. Look at the Naga in Black Temple's sewers for example. Or the Twilight Drakes and Vrykul in Dragon Soul. Basically massacred all the twilight dragons earlier in Cata and the Vrykul were crushed in Utgarde storylines and Icecrown. It actually makes sense for Mogu that are left over to forge a new alliance with a ruler who resembles what they're used to. They aren't averse to working with other races provided they match their brutality(re: the Zandalari trolls).

    Blizzard could always ret-con in some Mogu and say Garrosh knew about them beforehand. Worse things have happened to wow lore. lol
    There's a huge difference though. There are a lot more Naga than Mogu, the Naga will continue to be a threat until we've dealt with Azshara. I don't see your point about the Vrykul, and we knew the Twilights Hammer were still around even after we killed Cho'gall, as there was still the Twilight Prophet. And no, it does not make sense as the Mogu alliances always has them being the superior ones.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-09 at 02:12 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    Yes we might have killed their High ranked leaders, but we havent killed them ALL. There is no fact that Mogu are on the edge of extinction. Yes they would of course, as you have said they are without leaders, they need strong hand to stop them from scattering around. They might even get Long wished Island of Pandaria. Of course they need to ally with someone until they are totally wiped out.

    Shan Kein is the slave. This guy is being tortured for several quests and after Garrosh finds Bell he disappears.



    I have wrote in 1.B. and 1.A.
    Having a prisoner that you torture does not equal having an ally. And have a look at Tier 15 warrior set, which is named "The Last Mogu". They are close to being extinct.
    *broken link*
    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  12. #12
    It seems very unlikely to me as we are at war with them in 5.2. He could use mogu technology for whatever reason, but I don't see why the remaining mogu would join him after 5.2.

  13. #13
    Dreadlord Spichora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    898
    Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    Hozen, Pandaren, are the new allies,
    Mogu, are the ones challenging the horde pretending to be the real rulers of azeroth.
    nothing in your quote makes me think Garrosh wants to ally himself with Mogu, in fact, from what you said about mogu believing themselves powerful, the opposite rings a bell in my mind.
    Do not confuse Horde with Garrosh. Pandaren and Hozen both are loyal to Horde not Garroshs new army. And mogu are not pretending anything.....


    ehh edit, just saw it takes place before mop...
    twilight cult imho, he listened to their doctrine, fell for it even...
    and is possessed by an old god(or something, most likely)
    How can this be Twilight cult when we are talking about new race, not clan. And mogu say that they are created by Old gods and they REALLY where knwon as rulrs of azeroth (they believed Isle of Pandaria was all). They ruled over Pandarens and they really where rulers.

    I hope I made you see some logic in this post


    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    But Blizzard has shown they always have some leftovers ready to serve. Look at the Naga in Black Temple's sewers for example. Or the Twilight Drakes and Vrykul in Dragon Soul. Basically massacred all the twilight dragons earlier in Cata and the Vrykul were crushed in Utgarde storylines and Icecrown. It actually makes sense for Mogu that are left over to forge a new alliance with a ruler who resembles what they're used to. They aren't averse to working with other races provided they match their brutality(re: the Zandalari trolls).

    Blizzard could always ret-con in some Mogu and say Garrosh knew about them beforehand. Worse things have happened to wow lore. lol
    Naga served Illidan due to Lady Vashj. Twilight drakes were creations of Deathwing and Sinestra. Just because you killed sinestra doesn't equal to the twilight drakes being wiped out. Vykrul most likely in the service of the old gods and therefore could have been serving DW. The naga in BT weren't "leftovers" ready to serve. It would only make sense for Illidan to enlist the strongest Blood Elves and Naga into his service. IE the Illidari Council and Najentus.
    Thank You Shyama for the sig again!!

  15. #15
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    16,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    Do not confuse Horde with Garrosh. Pandaren and Hozen both are loyal to Horde not Garroshs new army. And mogu are not pretending anything.....




    How can this be Twilight cult when we are talking about new race, not clan. And mogu say that they are created by Old gods and they REALLY where knwon as rulrs of azeroth (they believed Isle of Pandaria was all). They ruled over Pandarens and they really where rulers.

    I hope I made you see some logic in this post
    WRONG - The Mogu do not claim to be created by the Old Gods, they are a Titanic Creation, hence their powers, hence their architecture, hence their stone skin, hence their ability to weld stone, hence Ra-Den.... And no, they are well aware of the fact that Pandaria isn't all over Azeroth, but they were programmed to REMAIN on Pandaria.
    *broken link*
    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  16. #16
    Dreadlord Spichora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    898
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post

    Having a prisoner that you torture does not equal having an ally. And have a look at Tier 15 warrior set, which is named "The Last Mogu". They are close to being extinct.
    He is the Leader so that means he have some force, make them work for Garrosh. OK, forget the slave. Who are left out there surely need some strong ally and Garrosh needs strong allies too, they posses great power, know secrets of Pandaria etc.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-09 at 03:23 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    WRONG - The Mogu do not claim to be created by the Old Gods, they are a Titanic Creation, hence their powers, hence their architecture, hence their stone skin, hence their ability to weld stone, hence Ra-Den.... And no, they are well aware of the fact that Pandaria isn't all over Azeroth, but they were programmed to REMAIN on Pandaria.
    Oh, sorry about that. Didn't quite remember which one created them, my bad! And no they thought to be Rulers of Azeroth.


    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

  17. #17
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    16,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    He is the Leader so that means he have some force, make them work for Garrosh. OK, forget the slave. Who are left out there surely need some strong ally and Garrosh needs strong allies too, they posses great power, know secrets of Pandaria etc.
    The Mogu doesn't ally with anything, they only allied with the Zandalari because of the Prophecy of the Thunder King. Heck, when you kill the Council in ToT, Lei Shen almost thanks you for removing the filthy trolls from his fortress.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-09 at 02:27 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    He is the Leader so that means he have some force, make them work for Garrosh. OK, forget the slave. Who are left out there surely need some strong ally and Garrosh needs strong allies too, they posses great power, know secrets of Pandaria etc.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-09 at 03:23 PM ----------



    Oh, sorry about that. Didn't quite remember which one created them, my bad! And no they thought to be Rulers of Azeroth.
    No they did not, they were programmed to guard the Titan Vaults, defeat Y'shaarj and wait for more orders - eventually they went somewhat crazy.
    *broken link*
    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  18. #18
    With the thunder king dead i believe the mogu very well could ally with garrosh or at the very least certain members of the mogu could

    before the thunderking was resurected they was just a band of bandits and with him now dead they will either have to go back to being aimless bandits or ally with garrosh or at the least use garrosh to fulfill there aims

  19. #19
    Dreadlord Spichora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    898
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post


    No they did not, they were programmed to guard the Titan Vaults, defeat Y'shaarj and wait for more orders - eventually they went somewhat crazy.
    Thats why they thought that! They ruled over Isle of Pandaria. After acted like they where FREE in Will


    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

  20. #20
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,615
    Its unlikely the mog will have anything to do with Garrosh, mostly because all the mogu we've finished off in pandaria, including its ruler, there wouldn't be any left. Plus, the mogu are an extremely dominant race that considers all other races below them. Garrosh is the exact same himself, someone who believes all others below him.
    So if you have mogu and there dom attitude and garrosh and his dom attitude, the two would clash.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •