Deleted

My dps is just too low

Hi guys

I've recently picked up WoW again after 6 months, and so i started gearing up by doing
    heroics and my first LFR's.
    But the one thing that is annoying me is that my dps is just too low compared to other rogues who are equally geared.

I'm an assassination rogue, and my rotation is as followed :
    Ambush > Rupture> Apply SnD(refresh with envenom)
    > mutilate(when above 35%)/Dispatch(blindside proc or below 35%)
    >Envenom at 5 CP...

According to shadowcraft.mmo-mumble, with my current gear i should be doing around 62.5k dps(without raids buffs, food, etc...) , but i'm currently doing only 35k dps against the training dummies (when vendetta/shadow blades on cooldown). I'm hit capped and expertise capped(both 7.5%), so i have no clue what i'm doing wrong.

I got 2 pieces of t14, the rest is filled with ilvl 483 items and some items from heroics.
    My weapons are the ilvl 463 masterwork ghost shards.
    (I can't link my armory, no sufficient amount of posts yet)

Any help and tips would be appreciated

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really play assassination that much, but aren't you supposed to start out with Garrote to get the energy regen kicking immediately? I vaguely remember something along the lines of:
    Garrote > SnD > Mut > Envenom > weave Ruptures to keep a bleed up and Envenoms.

Been forever since I PvE'd, but it sounds about right.

It was indeed the preferred opener, but they nerfed garrote since perhaps last you played and it's no longer an optimal opener.

Considering the changes to dispatch, the preferred opener is as follows:
    Mutilate -> SnD -> Mut -> Rupture - I will double check that SnD and Rupture aren't the other way around, but I don't think they are.

xevez, if you could perhaps get a WoL report up for us, that would be a huge help as without it, we're really just guessing at what you might or might not be performing well at.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Your choice of opener wont make a big difference, whether you go for Slice and Dice or Rupture first, but always open with Mutilate. Ambush and Garrote are not an option as Mutilate procs Blindside and Rupture is better than Garrote. Even when you Vanish, use Mutilate, and use it to fix your rotation if it starts to slow down or fall apart. Refresh Rupture at 2sec and Envenom at 5cp. Use Vendetta and Shadow Blades together, and use on CD for most occasions.
    Like Ryme said, if you can provide us with something to look at like WoL parses, we can check out exactly what the problem is. However, just doing your rotation correctly is only a small portion of how your DPS will come out. You also need to be attacking the correct things and using your energy efficiently, things of that nature. It's all in good judgement for Rogue DPS.

Deleted
    I did a WoL report when fighting a training dummy , but again, i can't post the link :/

Confusing though, it says that my dps is 102 631 (,and 21 724 448 Damage Done) in 3:31 mins
    but in game recount tells me it's only 35 581?

10+ Year Old Account
    WoL parses can only be loaded if it recorded a raid encounter.

Just go load up simc, select raiddummy, turn off raidbuffs/potions etc, simulate yourself and follow the sample rotation it gives you. You should achieve a close result to what it estimates your dps as.

Incorrect. You can log on a test dummy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xevez View Post
    I did a WoL report when fighting a training dummy , but again, i can't post the link :/

Confusing though, it says that my dps is 102 631 (,and 21 724 448 Damage Done) in 3:31 mins
    but in game recount tells me it's only 35 581?
    It's right before raid time for me so I don't really have time to answer various posts, but if you want to post a link, in this particular circumstance, send me a PM with the link (broken into sections) and I can post it for you after my raid.